Has anyone else been using StockX?

Yeah people say that it is silly to say footlocker sells fakes. Footlocker obviously not selling fakes, but it would be relatively easy for a warehouse guy to swap them out.
Footlocker and other stores get got all the time. Buy the sneakers from them on release day, come home put fake pair in box, return them, get money back and have legit ones practically free. Then footlocker resells them unknowingly, new buyer has what he thinks is a legit pair with receipt and then the cycle continues.

Store: Take these bricks at 30% off retail (store bought them for 50% of retail from the manufacturer)

Reseller: Ok, I'll move those bricks for you if you give me X pair if the next Off White/Travis Scott/etc

Store: Ok

It's a win/win. The store gets rid of the bricks and make a little profit without having to ship them back to the manufacturer, which hurts their accout standing. The reseller makes a little even if he sells it at or below retail and then makes a lot of profit on the limited stuff. It's a viscous game but that's what stores have to do to keep their tier with Nike/Adidas.
Why wouldn't the store just just make a stockx acct? Instead of splitting profits and owing someone a favor down the line on top :lol:

Why wouldn't the store just just make a stockx acct? Instead of splitting profits and owing someone a favor down the line on top :lol:
They'd lose their account if they were caught. Much easier to work with a few people on the low than have a paper trail leading back to them on hundreds of transactions. And I'm not just guessing here, I'm speaking an absolute fact. It happens just like I said.

they'd probably make an even smaller or no margin too if they sold all their GR stuff on stockx

If you bid on something and you add a coupon code does the seller get less or does stock x handle the discount?

was eyeing a few things so i was just wondering how it works

They'd lose their account if they were caught. Much easier to work with a few people on the low than have a paper trail leading back to them on hundreds of transactions. And I'm not just guessing here, I'm speaking an absolute fact. It happens just like I said.

What retailers have iron tight integrity?

There must be smaller retailers that are religious with their authenticity.

Kind of losing faith in stockx real fast.

:rofl: ok like resellers are buying hundreds of pairs of bricks.

I mean you can choose to believe what you want. I'm just telling you how it works. Resellers scratch the back of the store and the store in turn looks out for them. That's how it works.
So Nike only cares that the GR sale shoes are sold fairly, not the limited stuff that resellers and regular consumers alike actually want?

So Nike only cares that the GR sale shoes are sold fairly, not the limited stuff that resellers and regular consumers alike actually want?
Nike doesnt want the shoes back so they dont dig too deep. When stores are Tier 0 or Tier 1, Nike forces them to take certain stuff. They have no choice. It's part of being Tier 0 and getting the limited stuff. If the store doesnt sell it, Nike will take it back. But that dings their Tier status so they want to avoid that if they can. If the shoe retails for $100, the store generally pays $50 to Nike for it. They can sell them in bulk to a reseller for $60 a pair. They still make a 20% profit off it and their Tier status looks great bc they didnt send it back. That's not terrible. The reseller can now go sell it on a large platform like stockx, goat, or Ebay at say $90. The are making about 30% profit. Again, not bad at all. As a thank you for moving that gr for them, when the new OW or Travis comes around, they slide the reseller a decent amount of pairs. Obviously it depends on the release and how many they got. You can choose to believe what you want but that's how it works. Damn near every boutique does it. It's not a huge secret. It's done very discreetly but that's how it works. It's a way for boutiques to move large amounts of gr's that would otherwise sit in their warehouse and tie up capital for months and months or be shipped back to Nike and hurt the boutique. Boutiques dont backdoor 20 pair of OW to someone bc they like them. They do it bc that person helps them out with gr's.

Nike doesnt want the shoes back so they dont dig too deep. When stores are Tier 0 or Tier 1, Nike forces them to take certain stuff. They have no choice. It's part of being Tier 0 and getting the limited stuff. If the store doesnt sell it, Nike will take it back. But that dings their Tier status so they want to avoid that if they can. If the shoe retails for $100, the store generally pays $50 to Nike for it. They can sell them in bulk to a reseller for $60 a pair. They still make a 20% profit off it and their Tier status looks great bc they didnt send it back. That's not terrible. The reseller can now go sell it on a large platform like stockx, goat, or Ebay at say $90. The are making about 30% profit. Again, not bad at all. As a thank you for moving that gr for them, when the new OW or Travis comes around, they slide the reseller a decent amount of pairs. Obviously it depends on the release and how many they got. You can choose to believe what you want but that's how it works. Damn near every boutique does it. It's not a huge secret. It's done very discreetly but that's how it works. It's a way for boutiques to move large amounts of gr's that would otherwise sit in their warehouse and tie up capital for months and months or be shipped back to Nike and hurt the boutique. Boutiques dont backdoor 20 pair of OW to someone bc they like them. They do it bc that person helps them out with gr's.
So yes, like I said. Nike cares more about matching sales on GR stuff sold on an anonymous platform like stocks more than the actual limited releases sold in its store or selling GR items in bulk to a middle man. I guess that makes sense to Nike :lol:

Footlocker and other stores get got all the time. Buy the sneakers from them on release day, come home put fake pair in box, return them, get money back and have legit ones practically free. Then footlocker resells them unknowingly, new buyer has what he thinks is a legit pair with receipt and then the cycle continues.
I was actually questioning this myself during the semi recent Concord release. I doubled up from 2 different retail locations. One pair was a raffle win which I picked up in person and the other was an online cop. The font on both box labels were different and the outsole on 1 pair is more icy blue than the other pair. Also, one of the pairs I received has a height difference with one shoe being slightly taller than the other. Now I did look at both carefully and saw nothing alarming but fakes are getting really, really good to the point where you really need to know what to look for and examine the whole shoe. I realize there can be slight differences between pairs as they are made in different factories and a ton of these were released but the height difference is killing me and is something that's hard for me to overlook. I own 9 pair of 11's and not one pair has a height difference. The patent leather on the right shoe where it dips is also not cleanly cut which is kinda bothering me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom