Has anyone ever packed up & moved to a different city?

twice. once to NY after graduation and again to atlanta. Its exciting and i have no regrets and i was given many opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten in Ohio where I'm from. Also met some great people and probably formed friendships I'll have for life. The reality though is that it did put a strain on some relationships I had though and that was probably the most unfortunate part of it. Think about it long and hard and PLEASE do yourself a favor and visit where your supposed to be living and research the building/environment.

Life is short and it makes you feel alive to know you can just pick up and move somewhere else and survive/adapt there.

Im moving from Westchester, NY to queens this thursday...nothign too crazy...but abig leap for me

I'm 23 and thinking about doing the same thing. From Baltimore to either Philly or New York. I would have to have a job lined up first, though. However, it shouldn't be too difficult since I could most likely transfer from my current one.

My momma been doing that my whole life I should start a moving company.
If I don't get what I need here ,which I doubt (so far very good) but you never know, I'm going to either Charlotte or Greensboro.
I'm surprised I like North Carolina now, I forgot all about going to the west coast.

Going to probably within about 6 months. Tired of being here, same people, same stuff everyday. I know there is a ton out there for me and im just not getting what i want where im at. It will be hard telling my family, my mom especially that im moving to another state, but im at the point where it has to be done because im miserable being here.

I just had a talk with my sister about this about a week ago. She moved to NYC last year and she is loving every minute of it. I'm still living at home and she told me that the best thing for me to do is to get out of my parent's house and to move out of Boston.

I'm going to NYC at the end of August and I am going to gauge the time I'm there to see if it would be a good decision for me. I know I can probably transfer or something because my company has an office in NYC as well.

I've been thinking about this long and hard these past few days and I can see something good happening for me once I move out of Massachusetts.

I've relocated out of state twice for work.

In '07, I moved from Texas to Utah. In May of this year, I moved from Utah to Washington.

The first move was definitely a good experience. My parents are still in Texas so it helped with my independence. I was good there already but it furthered that growth. Still early yet in my recent move but I'm liking it so far. I took a promotion to come out to WA. I really like this part of the country. I'm sure I'll stay up here for several more years.

I've been seriously thinking about this for the last 3-4 months. My situation is a little different as I've got a wife, a kid and a house. Combined we bring home 6 figures. We work for a family owned company and without a degree I know we'd have a drastic cut in pay when looking for new jobs. Its not horrible here but the everyday becomes too routine and I've never wanted to end up living my entire life in the same area. It seems as if I'd be throwing away the last 7 years of my working career as I'd basically be starting from scratch.

I want to move to the bay area and kick it with my homie bayarea.. he's a pot head and a good cod player.

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Doing this to az from cali very soon I hope
California to Arizona? Interested to know why you want to make that move!

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

I wanna do that %$*! so bad! but i cant just leave my girl...
Can't take her with you?

Originally Posted by Esco51

I've been seriously thinking about this for the last 3-4 months. My situation is a little different as I've got a wife, a kid and a house. Combined we bring home 6 figures. We work for a family owned company and without a degree I know we'd have a drastic cut in pay when looking for new jobs. Its not horrible here but the everyday becomes too routine and I've never wanted to end up living my entire life in the same area. It seems as if I'd be throwing away the last 7 years of my working career as I'd basically be starting from scratch.
I wouldn't call it throwing away.. seven years is great experience.

Originally Posted by chris steez

i was considering this but im way too chicken...one day....one day
I thought the same thing not even six months ago.. look at me now.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Doing this to az from cali very soon I hope
California to Arizona? Interested to know why you want to make that move!

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

I wanna do that %$*! so bad! but i cant just leave my girl...
Can't take her with you?

Originally Posted by Esco51

I wouldn't call it throwing away.. seven years is great experience.

Originally Posted by chris steez

i was considering this but im way too chicken...one day....one day
I thought the same thing not even six months ago.. look at me now.
The cost of living is cheaper in az I just can't afford to live in cali anymore and I want to attend UTI technical school for automotive in avondale so az is a perfect choice for me 

Didnt just pack up and leave but had to move out cuz i couldnt find a job to keep paying rent etc etc.

moving back to Los Angeles in a week or two though
smile.gif

For my second NIKE Sports Marketing summer internship, I moved from Houston to Portland, Oregon with just a backpack and a duffel bag full of clothes.  NIKE provided a stipend which covered most of my rent on a 1BR apartment for three months.  The only furniture I owned was a folding table, chairs, and a cot.  After the internship, I worked at Niketown Portland while I interviewed at NWHQ.  I spent several years in Oregon and ended up working my dream job with Footwear R&D.  I was broke as a joke but I also got to see the Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, and Mount Hood.  Learning to survive on my own in a strange town was humbling, intimidating, and very rewarding.   I would highly recommend relocating out-of-state to anyone who is able to do so.

About 3 or 4 years ago, My Dad's boss told him that they bought a new property in East Texas,

Had a good offer for him, Ended up moving from Dallas to some small place in East Texas.

After graduating I'm thinking of moving back, Really need to think more though.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I wish I was young enough to do risky ***! like this.
i always thought you were around your early twenties.

Originally Posted by krider31

I want to move as well.. Im an education major and should be graduating next fall... I live in Charlotte.. Even though the city is growing I still want to live in a bigger city..
that is how i feel about nashville.. did you go to CofC? heard its wild over there.

24 Bro
frown.gif

I wish I was young enough to do risky ***! like this.
i always thought you were around your early twenties.

Originally Posted by krider31

I want to move as well.. Im an education major and should be graduating next fall... I live in Charlotte.. Even though the city is growing I still want to live in a bigger city..
that is how i feel about nashville.. did you go to CofC? heard its wild over there.

24 Bro
frown.gif
Whatchu mean
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom