Has anyone seen these OG Penny IVs? Nike, Drop These Please

Love the look of these, but performance is severely lacking. Cushioning is non existent and traction is sub-par. They are also VERY difficult to put on, so they sit in the back of my closet. I'm talking about all of the retros.

Love the look of these, but performance is severely lacking. Cushioning is non existent and traction is sub-par. They are also VERY difficult to put on, so they sit in the back of my closet. I'm talking about all of the retros.

Originally Posted by Jigga Boi

Love the look of these, but performance is severely lacking.
? these were da best performing pennies by FAAAR, and they are definitely on da upper tier of best performing nike basketball kicks of all time.

? these were da best performing pennies by FAAAR, and they are definitely on da upper tier of best performing nike basketball kicks of all time.

I still have my og obsidians and 2 pr of the blk/red, 1 pr is DS. 1 of my all time fav shoes, but the retroes are pure trash tho

I still have my og obsidians and 2 pr of the blk/red, 1 pr is DS. 1 of my all time fav shoes, but the retroes are pure trash tho

I remember back in '99-'00, Footaction went crazy with the exclusive colorways for this shoe!!...

And they performed VERY well on the basketball court...

I was able to scoop up a pair of Grey/Grey/Wht Penny IV's for about $60...

And some places here in the city still have the Blue/Red/Wht pair that released in the same pack series as the Red/Wht/Blue Max2 CB '94 that had the patent upper... (only in kids sizes tho)

I wish I still had my Wht/Grey pair...
tired.gif

pimp.gif

I remember back in '99-'00, Footaction went crazy with the exclusive colorways for this shoe!!...

And they performed VERY well on the basketball court...

I was able to scoop up a pair of Grey/Grey/Wht Penny IV's for about $60...

And some places here in the city still have the Blue/Red/Wht pair that released in the same pack series as the Red/Wht/Blue Max2 CB '94 that had the patent upper... (only in kids sizes tho)

I wish I still had my Wht/Grey pair...
tired.gif

pimp.gif

i have the all black retroes from '06.

descent enough. i hoop in them almost weekly.

i have the all black retroes from '06.

descent enough. i hoop in them almost weekly.

I need cushioning..the air max in the back is non responsive and the forefoot zoom air seems to be missing from the retros. I gave them a try..I can't do it.

I need cushioning..the air max in the back is non responsive and the forefoot zoom air seems to be missing from the retros. I gave them a try..I can't do it.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Yup. Never touched the retroes, but these are definitely up there. I got the white/carolina/navy ones. I remember picking between these, Garnett IIIs, and Flightposite Is. Ended up getting the Garnett IIIs also, but these sneaker were amazing for Ball. The Greys in person were so sick, wish Nike would retro those, but they'd definitely screw them up. I was really upset with the way the retroes came out just because you put those next to OGs and they look like some kind of knockoff/fakes.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Yup. Never touched the retroes, but these are definitely up there. I got the white/carolina/navy ones. I remember picking between these, Garnett IIIs, and Flightposite Is. Ended up getting the Garnett IIIs also, but these sneaker were amazing for Ball. The Greys in person were so sick, wish Nike would retro those, but they'd definitely screw them up. I was really upset with the way the retroes came out just because you put those next to OGs and they look like some kind of knockoff/fakes.

i still have the all black retro penny IVs and i love playing bball in them. they have great ankle support

i still have the all black retro penny IVs and i love playing bball in them. they have great ankle support

Kicks are real nice but one thing i do is know is the comfort was terrible when i wore them in hs.

Back
Top Bottom