Have anyone here tried Moonshine?

A lot of distilleries that were making illegal moonshine are now legitimizing it and keeping their old techniques. One brand that comes to mind is this one that was barely able to import in CA because of the "no fruit in alcohol" law.

Here's a link to the full story : http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/legacy/
instead of getting ole smokey, I tried this one out :smokin

them strawberries had me like: :x

There's a lot of distilleries doing white whiskey these days, I don't really see the appeal behind it, I've tried some of the fruits soaked in it though and they're not terrible. I was joking with a friend that moved from Louisiana to a place they bought in Cali and discovered that the property has a decent amount of farm space, I suggested they hide a still out there, and ended up finding that it's pretty easy to buy a ready to go kit from the internet. I know there's been a growing push to change the laws regarding home distillation, and I'd probably try my hand out at a few recipes if it ever does become legal.

Back in college I had a buddy that came from down the bayou and he had a jug of shine sitting on the floor in his apartment, many a night was started with "let's make a drink before we head out" Jones Whoop *** and a shot of Shine was pretty much all we needed to get us through a few hours when we were broke.

I remember trying a few shots of everclear back in my freshman year of college. Ended up making a thread on NT at like 5 AM advising folks to never drink it. :lol:

But I've tried moonshine that's sold in stores. Was definitely not what I'm guessing the real stuff is like because I was hardly buzzed.

Been looking to get my hands on legit moonshine and real absinthe for quite some time.

absynth seems pretty interesting :D

absynth seems pretty interesting :D

It's worth a try, but the process is kind of drawn out for getting a drink, it ends up being priced accordingly to the PITA the bartender will go through for prepping it. Worth a try, but not a go to drink ever. At least not for me.

:wow: at tbe dude said people were goong blind from certain shines. Thats insane. So 190 proof equals what percentage alcohol? I know hard liquor is around 40 percent, but I dont understand the proof label.

Real absinthe isn't sold in the states.

And that store brand moonshine ain't seeing that REAL ****. I'm talking that shine that's in a nondescript, clear mason jar or gallon jug that has the slight hint of feet smell

Lol we got sour apple, peach, strawberry lemonade and watermelon [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Ugh straight rubbing alcohol but has anyone drank absinthe...omg the trip you go on is amazing my boy got some when he was stationed in Germany :x
I pretty much drank this whole bottle ... it tastes uhhhh lawt like tangurey...View media item 1612787
I was based in northetn italy...
We used to travel uhhhh lawt and have fun
so...
My boy comes home from Germany and says GUESS what I got???

I couldn't guess..

Homeboy says in a Jersey accent...

BLOW DART GUN

MORTAR (FIREWORK)

&

THAT BOTTLE OF ABSINTHE

BTW I'm sober for 4 years 3 months and 3 days today

Store bought moonshine is fake but the 4 I got yesterday is no joke I just tried the 4 bottles I bought yesterday and it put me to sleep

Last edited:
The taste is smooth but you feel it going down, had my OG big homie taste it also. He said it was the best shine he had

Back
Top Bottom