HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

Saw all the hype and kept reading about just how wonderful a show this was, so I watched the entire first season some time back and it was honestly bleh. Perhaps one needs to be a member of a certain sociological and age group to see and identify with the humor?

Whatever the case, like I said, it was bleh. It didn't suck or anything, but just as well it certainly didn't live up to the "hype", in my mind at least; just fail to see what was so riveting about the show. The one scene that I think was worthy of the praise is the wedding scene when Allison Williams's character is getting crunk to that "pV$$y be yanking" track. Definitely unexpected and a laugh out loud moment. (Truth be told, I kept seeing gifs of this scene and this is what actually spurred my initial interest...
laugh.gif
).

I'll more than likely catch a few of the new episodes just to see if I was mistaken, but I won't hold my breath on a change of opinion. To each his or her own, though.

That's fair. I think the problem was the early buzz made it seem like this was some transcendent show and the first promos made mention of "the voice of my generation" aspect... then the backlash against all the hype and praise took on a life of it's own. I think a lot of people didn't like watching privileged white women complain about their life, but that was kind of the point... the characters on this show can be naive, ignorant, judgmental, etc. and you're supposed to laugh at them, not necessarily agree with their world view.

And yes, Allison Williams is the best part of the show.
003.jpg

027.jpg

009.jpg
her dancing in the finale sealed it

tumblr_mbl2u677nn1qmp0v1o8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mbckdd8fPa1qa2mmdo4_250.gif

Shoshanna Shapiro is my baby. I would blow that little jewish girls mind and completely open her world up.

The warehouse episode where Charlie's band was playing that one song...does anyone know if that was ever released or any info to it's regards?

when does the next season start?

i liked it cuz there were a few things i could relate to just being a woman even though i'm not white...

i pray we dont have to see the one chick naked again all season :x

when does the next season start?

i pray we dont have to see the one chick naked again all season :x
Yeah, :lol:. Her and her guy on the show are really weird looking and should be blurred out whenever they're on screen.

adam is the man dude is just straight forward and yeah it's funny to watch these first world problems im completely the opposite of these characters i mean damn even nas is a fan. 
smokin.gif

i dont buy into any hype or anything if it looks interesting ill watch it, hell i have never watched an episode of boardwalk empire or the walking dead..
mean.gif

Tried to get into this with my girl.
Did not like the sex scenes between the big girl and her bf.
Made it worse that I was eating.

Marnie has some moments but Shoshanna is a better character overall..

But Williams > the other actresses on the show

Last edited:
It doesn't fall off dramatically at all.. there's growing pains as with most new series, but if you buy into the premise, characters, stories, etc., then it's worth a watch.

Back
Top Bottom