HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Over nothing. Issa and them got approval from AKA (like everyone else does) to use their logos. All we seeing is the members too low on the totem pole to know that the organization can and has approved stuff like this. Tiffany didn’t do anything wild while wearing the letters so it’s fine. They just don’t like Amanda and mad that she’s an AKA even tho it’s something mentioned since the beginning of the show.
Thanks. I wasn't about to look up why but I did notice ppl were harassing Amanda and she had to address the crazy ppl to let them know the show is a work of fiction and she is not Tiffany :lol:

Yeah but the movies not filmed there that depicted them didn't have to.
They better tell Big U and Wack 100 to form a United Crip/Blood organization then. They missing out on chances to tax lol. Us Greeks need every single penny when you use our likeness and yes we do tax a pretty penny.

They better tell Big U and Wack 100 to form a United Crip/Blood organization then. They missing out on chances to tax lol. Us Greeks need every single penny when you use our likeness and yes we do tax a pretty penny.
Outside of being historically accurate I don't even get why one would want to use any of those greek groups in anything.

Because we are a big part of positive black culture... we deserve our flowers.... after you pay the tax of course
Really? :lol:

My take:
Black people's dedication to being "greek" will never not amuse me, mf'ers were ready to wage war over a fictional character wearing some letters.

Y'all ****** starting sentences in here with "As a Greek" had me confused thinking it was someone who was actually Greek as in from Greece.

Really? :lol:

My take:

Y'all ****** starting sentences in here with "As a Greek" had me confused thinking it was someone who was actually Greek as in from Greece.

You laughing and reacting with laughs already shows that you don't want to try and understand it to begin with.

Black people's dedication to being "greek" will never not amuse me, mf'ers were ready to wage war over a fictional character wearing some letters.

You wage war about anything to with the Lakers, what's the difference here?

Well the Bloods aren't an incorporated organization with trademarks and copyrights.

It's not different than how I'm sure Issa and them have to clear every music sample they use in every episode
I get that though it wasn't really the org itself stirring up ****.

Good job targeting the young black creator and cast though.

You laughing and reacting with laughs already shows that you don't want to try and understand it to begin with.
I was laughing at the "pay the tax of course" part.

But I was dead serious about my take on black ppl pledging greek.

Wasn't like I wasn't approached in college. I just happen to feel its some goofy ****. More power to you if you "understand" it and it worked out for you.
You wage war about anything to with the Lakers, what's the difference here?
Over a fictional character though.

Last edited:
YEP JUST SAW IT
FCpFKjlWUAQunUd

So this can pretty much end the they got approval part.

Most movies and TV shows use fictionalized organizations, so they don't have any legal problems and they can do what they want with them. They'll have real members representing organizations involved in the background. That's what they did in School Daze and Different World.

It's one thing to have the colors, I found it odd when they had her with greek letters partially covering it up.

and I'll never understood how people not in a fraternities and sororities hate them, like you're forced to deal with them and they play a big part of your non college years. Dudes and chicks will carry on just like Lil Boosie does over homosexuals though. You aren't friends with people in fraternities and sororities, have family? Y'all hate organizations like 100 Black Men and Jack and Jill also. All of it's weird behavior and people devote energy to the weirdest things.

i question the loyalty of black greeks anyway, at least a real blood is ready to die for his colors & flag. all they gon' do is get mad, email, & shimmy they shoulders & twirl a couple of candy cane colored walking sticks around...
I think you have a false representation of what each org on the divine 9 represent

This ain't a gang that's feeding you daily but rather a network. Death is not a pre-requisite to be part of it. It has more to do with paying your dues and participating in community events.

Not the same thing, but carry on

The premiere was pretty much an epilogue to last seasons finale and this episode laid somewhat of a foundation of what to expect. I kind of like the time jump. Curious as to what Issa's story arc will be. So far, Molly's is standing out.

Back
Top Bottom