Headphones Vol. Lost mine, time for new ones.

shure is a great brand and they have great products all across their product line. their customer service is great too..

@SJSneakerhead: if you decide on the akg 702's, please do let me know how you like them. i got a pair of HD650's over the akg k702's and now people are telling me vocals are a lot better on the akg's so i'm a bit regretful in my purchase, although the HD650s are amazing.

shure is a great brand and they have great products all across their product line. their customer service is great too..

@SJSneakerhead: if you decide on the akg 702's, please do let me know how you like them. i got a pair of HD650's over the akg k702's and now people are telling me vocals are a lot better on the akg's so i'm a bit regretful in my purchase, although the HD650s are amazing.

go on ebay and look for V-moda vibes. They are earbuds and they're on ebay for CHEAP on there like 10-20 bucks and their legit. When they first came out they were like $100. I bought a couple of em and the sound is good. You can read reviews about them like from anythingbutipod.com

go on ebay and look for V-moda vibes. They are earbuds and they're on ebay for CHEAP on there like 10-20 bucks and their legit. When they first came out they were like $100. I bought a couple of em and the sound is good. You can read reviews about them like from anythingbutipod.com

How are Aerial headphones? I copped some on sale for 40 bucks, that were originally 99. I hope they aiight lol.

How are Aerial headphones? I copped some on sale for 40 bucks, that were originally 99. I hope they aiight lol.

just puttin it out there, but the Apple in-ears are $60 and Apple will replace them for FREE once they beat up or watever. they give you buds for free too. sound great for the price too. I know you hot a couple hundred in gift cards, but if you wanna get the best value and use that $ for somethin else I say you go with those

check out head-fi.org too, expert headphone board

just puttin it out there, but the Apple in-ears are $60 and Apple will replace them for FREE once they beat up or watever. they give you buds for free too. sound great for the price too. I know you hot a couple hundred in gift cards, but if you wanna get the best value and use that $ for somethin else I say you go with those

check out head-fi.org too, expert headphone board

i dunno man i had some zune premium headphones for the longest and they sounded great just for reg earbuds.... they died eventually then i finally got on the ipod bandwagon (just got my very first ipod of any kind this last christmas, SMH) put those buds they give you are TURRIBLE [/barkley]... just picked up a pair of sony earbuds from the sony outlet for like 15.
great quality sound, noise cancelling, great bass

... but thats if you dont wanna go and blow a bunch of $$$... if that matters 
grin.gif

i dunno man i had some zune premium headphones for the longest and they sounded great just for reg earbuds.... they died eventually then i finally got on the ipod bandwagon (just got my very first ipod of any kind this last christmas, SMH) put those buds they give you are TURRIBLE [/barkley]... just picked up a pair of sony earbuds from the sony outlet for like 15.
great quality sound, noise cancelling, great bass

... but thats if you dont wanna go and blow a bunch of $$$... if that matters 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Originally Posted by Noskey

nb4sheepsaybeats

I dunno if you can get them at Best Buy, but I got a set of Shure 440's off Amazon for $75.
Wow. I just bought the same ones from amazon about 3 weeks ago. These are my first real headphones, and I love them. 
+1. My girl got me these for X-Mas a week after my fragile Triports died on me. So I've gone down the Bose route, Sennheiser route (excellent cans BTW), and Sony as well. And the SRH 440s are the cheapest set of the bunch, but they're excellent. The sound quality is excellent and the construction is perfect (durable, foldable and detachable/locking cord).

The only reason you might want to pass is they're a little big to be running with a portable for my taste, but I usually run with the iPhone earbuds to just toss around utilize them mic/controls.

Originally Posted by jdeez42

anyone know anything about these?
31k6Jc1YjOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

shure 240s

I mean, I say spend the extra money and get at least the 440's, and Bozo7000 seems to agree, but I dont think you can go wrong with any Shure's. There's gonna be a difference in quality between the 240's and the other models, though
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jdeez42

anyone know anything about these?
31k6Jc1YjOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

shure 240s

I mean, I say spend the extra money and get at least the 440's, and Bozo7000 seems to agree, but I dont think you can go wrong with any Shure's. There's gonna be a difference in quality between the 240's and the other models, though
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Originally Posted by Noskey

nb4sheepsaybeats

I dunno if you can get them at Best Buy, but I got a set of Shure 440's off Amazon for $75.
Wow. I just bought the same ones from amazon about 3 weeks ago. These are my first real headphones, and I love them. 
+1. My girl got me these for X-Mas a week after my fragile Triports died on me. So I've gone down the Bose route, Sennheiser route (excellent cans BTW), and Sony as well. And the SRH 440s are the cheapest set of the bunch, but they're excellent. The sound quality is excellent and the construction is perfect (durable, foldable and detachable/locking cord).

The only reason you might want to pass is they're a little big to be running with a portable for my taste, but I usually run with the iPhone earbuds to just toss around utilize them mic/controls.

beats have good sound, but every time i see someone with them it projects so loud outside to everyone else also
ohwell.gif

beats have good sound, but every time i see someone with them it projects so loud outside to everyone else also
ohwell.gif

I don't know why people love to hate on beats.

I've been through about 10 $200+ headphones through my mixing career and I don't have anything bad to say about them other than they are about $40 overpriced. They are good small headphones that look and sound great.

I don't know why people love to hate on beats.

I've been through about 10 $200+ headphones through my mixing career and I don't have anything bad to say about them other than they are about $40 overpriced. They are good small headphones that look and sound great.

Back
Top Bottom