Hey guys we are starting IVF! Trying to join the NT Dads club

Hey guys! I got some incredible news! (No no baby yet) last I updated ya we were fumbling with the idea of adoption, which still is an option, however for my wife is a last resort, she wants to birth our kid...so here is how funny life is..

Been at my job for 12 years, my benefits don't cover ANY of the IVF costs, my prescription coverage did and we were able to save on that (close to 12k in meds) still each cycle came or to about 10k :x so as ya know we did 2 which failed so I'm about 20k deep in this for now...anywho, my hospital just merged with NYP about 2 yeas ago and this year is when our benefits changed to NYP benefits...guess what!!!!!!? NYP being a much larger institution actually has IVF coverage!!! So my 10k per cycle came down to 3k!!!! My wife broke into tears...with the idea of saving for a house and other expenses, the cost of IVF sort of took a backseat for sometime...but now that we can afford it easier we are starting our 3 round as soon as my new benefits kick in January 1st...I started this thread seems ages ago when I was naive and my heart had not been broken by disappointment yet, I thought this would be a quick journey and we would have our baby on the first shot, life has other plans and 4 years later we still fighting, I promised my wife 2018 we would have both our baby and our house...the Big Guy upstairs really cut me a break and I'm so happy....only sharing with you guys, because this is the only place I can scream it too...she wants to keep this very low key, doesn't even wanna tell her parents when we are going through the cycle...says is hard enough to dissapoint ourselves, no need to have to break bad news to family and friends...I didn't understand her when we first started this, after feeling that pain, I sure do now....anyways NT fam, you guys have all been a part of my journey and will continue to keep those of you that have kept up, up to date...

I apologize, I know some of you have PMed me and I either reply weeks later or don't reply at all, I never expect to get PMs on NT so I never even bother checking my PMs...if you do send a PM, please let me know here in a post so I can go looking for it in my inbox...much love

Hey guys! I got some incredible news! (No no baby yet) last I updated ya we were fumbling with the idea of adoption, which still is an option, however for my wife is a last resort, she wants to birth our kid...so here is how funny life is..

Been at my job for 12 years, my benefits don't cover ANY of the IVF costs, my prescription coverage did and we were able to save on that (close to 12k in meds) still each cycle came or to about 10k :x so as ya know we did 2 which failed so I'm about 20k deep in this for now...anywho, my hospital just merged with NYP about 2 yeas ago and this year is when our benefits changed to NYP benefits...guess what!!!!!!? NYP being a much larger institution actually has IVF coverage!!! So my 10k per cycle came down to 3k!!!! My wife broke into tears...with the idea of saving for a house and other expenses, the cost of IVF sort of took a backseat for sometime...but now that we can afford it easier we are starting our 3 round as soon as my new benefits kick in January 1st...I started this thread seems ages ago when I was naive and my heart had not been broken by disappointment yet, I thought this would be a quick journey and we would have our baby on the first shot, life has other plans and 4 years later we still fighting, I promised my wife 2018 we would have both our baby and our house...the Big Guy upstairs really cut me a break and I'm so happy....only sharing with you guys, because this is the only place I can scream it too...she wants to keep this very low key, doesn't even wanna tell her parents when we are going through the cycle...says is hard enough to dissapoint ourselves, no need to have to break bad news to family and friends...I didn't understand her when we first started this, after feeling that pain, I sure do now....anyways NT fam, you guys have all been a part of my journey and will continue to keep those of you that have kept up, up to date...

I apologize, I know some of you have PMed me and I either reply weeks later or don't reply at all, I never expect to get PMs on NT so I never even bother checking my PMs...if you do send a PM, please let me know here in a post so I can go looking for it in my inbox...much love
It happened for a reason fam.

Get ready to cop some infant yeezy boost b.

I’m praying for you.

It happened for a reason fam.

Get ready to cop some infant yeezy boost b.

I’m praying for you.

Fam my eyes fill with tears as I'm even typing this, is so hard to explain the joy I feel at the moment...for what I paid for 1 cycle I can cover 3!!!! This year...hopefully we won't have to, but still.

Infertilty is such a harsh thing and something everyone should have some coverage with....I just don't think many people are open about it to speak on it...but a lot of folks deal with it...the benefits person helping me today when I signed up, did 3 cycles 30 years ago! And that's how they got their son...dude legit told me, they never spoke to anyone about it or even told anyone, not even their son...he said he felt embarrassed as a man...I can relate to an extent, talking about it and even when dudes crack a few jokes about it, helps me in a weird way to normalize my situation

Jeff! Where you at bro!? Next time me and Ang head to Seattle we bringin Steezy Jr to play with Baby Rivas! :lol:

Ksteezy congrats and keep us posted, we rooting for you! I also work for NYP(WCMC) and I have a colleague going through something similar. They found out his wife has a medical condition which makes getting pregnant very hard. He too is waiting for next year to attempt IVF. We were talking about how costly it is.

Ksteezy congrats and keep us posted, we rooting for you! I also work for NYP(WCMC) and I have a colleague going through something similar. They found out his wife has a medical condition which makes getting pregnant very hard. He too is waiting for next year to attempt IVF. We were talking about how costly it is.

Yeah a nurse I work with been fighting it on her end a little less longer than I have, we always said we would have our babies together since none of our friends could wait :lol:

Best of luck to your friend :smile:

Great news. From what I remember, the challenge of concieving dealth with you...

I hope you are taking care of your health. Staying stress free, meditating/praying, making healthy choices. The ivf gon do its thing and I glad you
feasibly have more chances at it, but you want to give yourself the best chance at its success. Control what you can control, you feel me? I hope
the next shot is your best shot and you knock it out the park. Cant wait to rep you in the Dads thread. I can see it now, "my son broke my camera" lol. Stay blessed fam.

Great news. From what I remember, the challenge of concieving dealth with you...

I hope you are taking care of your health. Staying stress free, meditating/praying, making healthy choices. The ivf gon do its thing and I glad you
feasibly have more chances at it, but you want to give yourself the best chance at its success. Control what you can control, you feel me? I hope
the next shot is your best shot and you knock it out the park. Cant wait to rep you in the Dads thread. I can see it now, "my son broke my camera" lol. Stay blessed fam.

I've always sort of taken care of my health, don't do drugs, don't smoke, drink every now and then...always work out...the only thing that screws me is that I work nights and therefore my sleep is horrible, if I sleep 5 hours a day, that's a lot :lol:

But I feel you, we staying positive and optimistic...the worst heartache is the first big L...now I think we are more prepared

Best of luck to you man I’m rooting for you guys. Just had my first born on the 6th and it’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me. I hope you guys get blessed too with the honor of being parents to a beautiful child.

ksteezy, i know we've had our share fair of back and forth, but i'm happy for you man. seems like you are in a great mood and place in time, i can never hate on that. good luck on the journey.

ksteezy, i know we've had our share fair of back and forth, but i'm happy for you man. seems like you are in a great mood and place in time, i can never hate on that. good luck on the journey.

None of that **** matters, end of the day we always gonna be part of the same community...arguments, disagreements and all...I really appreciate the good wishes bro :pimp:

Can’t believe this thread still around, I’m still here fellas, about to dive into a third attempt and remembered how good this thread has been over the years to me, so thought I’d update ya...received the medication package today lol third time is a charm they say..
9863DD5C-0E6A-4260-A2A6-A85E949B456C.jpeg

my co-worker went through 3 rounds of IVF. third time worked and she has twins. good luck man.

Cheers to that! Staying hopeful, not sure about twins though :lol: I’ll take whatever comes my way, but I’ll be more than happy with just one baby :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom