Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most of us expected this surge. Especially in the winter season where folks get sick, and stack that on top of this ‘Rona.

this is a good time to lock things down again. Especially in the northeast where the winter can get brutal. Now you have two reasons to stay your butt in the house

but it sucks for the folks that live in a household with a big family especially in nyc. Imagine you’re in a hoise of 6 in a 2-3 bedroom apartment. No places to go, no school. And y’all just seeing each other everyday. Kids eating up all the food. There’s gonna be some furniture flying in that house. 0]

Covid Guidelines (from Dr. seeing potential Covid cases)

CONTACT
If someone you have contact with has Covid, you are potentially able to show symptoms for 14 days after your last contact.

So if you don’t/can’t isolate from them, then at least 10 days of them being contagious plus 14 more of you not knowing if you have it. (14 days after your last contact with someone who was contagious)

If they have severe Covid where contact was hospitalized then longer than 14 days.

QUARANTINE AFTER COVID DIAGNOSIS
10 days after onset and 72 hours no fever without meds and significant symptom improvement.
Can you explain the 3rd paragraph. It’s not clear.

Something I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a straight answer on is whether someone who is asymptomatic is more or less likely to spread the virus. Is the reason that a person doesn’t have symptoms because their viral load is lower and they are likely shedding less viral particles, or is it the symptoms that spread the virus, or is an asymptomatic individual just as likely to be a super spreader? I would imagine that someone who is symptomatic (coughing, sneezing, breathing hard) is inherently shedding more virus as a result of those symptoms, and therefore more likely to pass it on to others than someone who is merely talking and breathing normally. Although they are still aerosolizing and creating some droplets, it should be a lower amount. This could explain why children (who typically experience less severe symptoms) aren’t thought to spread COVID as much as adults, in general.
I think it's a little bit unclear. Studies where they've measure viral load show that it's pretty high before symptoms start, but I don't know if that correlates with transmission of the virus. Also, I don't know if disease severity correlates with transmission either.

But I think people end up transmitting a lot in the presymptomatic period, probably as a combination of a) there's a lot of viral shedding, and b) the person isn't coughing so people aren't being cautious.

This is a case example showing that patient 1 infected patients 3 and 4 before they had symptoms (from https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001468):

1605369761257.png

And these are some plots relating transmission probability to when the person is symptomatic:

cov.png

1605369973665.png

(first one is from https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.04.20188516v2)

I don't know how this all looks for somebody who is completely asymptomatic the entire time they're infected.

Evictions being suspended means someone still isn't getting paid. It's a double edged sword no matter how you look at it.
Yeah govt can't just say stop your income and eat costs without having a plan to help those folks, that's what they're here for but they've bungled it to this point. A proper early lockdown and stimulus for all could've survived 2 months.

Evictions here in Houston have been made more difficult, but have not stopped. I just had to evict someone on Wednesday, unless they've sent certified letters to the landlord and courts stating they can't pay rent the judge will order against them. Heard the lady in the court say out of 100 eviction cases that day, only one was able to stay in the home. As property owner it sucked having to evict the dude in these times, but on the other hand it's taking needed income out of my family's pocket. Dude was really just a bum though, so I didn't feel to bad. He'd been working through the whole pandemic (essential), he just didn't want to pay his rent anymore (thought he was protected by Trumps EO) and made no effort to try and work something out to get caught up. He had to go...

-Strict lockdown
-Cant go to the grocery/pharmacy more than once a week
-Giving 1k per household member in addition to unemployment benefits for 1-2 months

That's literally the only way to shut people up and have them stay at home.

It’s greed when you put a buck before people’s livelihood.

evictions have been suspended.
Car payments haven't stopped. Bills haven't stopped. A few utilities have been suspended. But yeah. My states back to day 1 lockdowns starting Monday. Sad times.

There has to be balance. My governor would rather save one life and let 50,000 go homeless and jobless than to provide a bit of a balance.

We had a rapid list going showing companies and places where spread was contact traced. But they gave up on that fast. Only one restaurant made the closure list. The rest offices and warehouses and construction.

No gyms or salons were on the list but now they're all shut down. Non essential retail is shuttered. But what made the contact rapid list was construction and big box. But they can function as normal. They say they go by science but it's hard to believe.

Big box or large retail made the essential list but not mom and pops. They want and are okay with 500 at big box, but little mom and pop who may see 5 people an hour is the 'hot spot'.

Non essential operations were put on hold for awhile and now our hospitals have more non covid hospitalizations than covid.

Balance I agree with

Gyms should def be shut down. It’s a germ pool pandemic or not not matter how many diluted bathroom cleaner you put at the clean stations.

Maybe this belongs in the politics thread but had trump issued a Nationwide mandate, many Democrats would shout out wheres my freedom. So he let governor's dictate what to do. And now that some are closing, the blame is still on him. They cant expect instant aid because you chose to close a second time without even truly surging. Both sides need to admit they failed here. But that will never happen.

What Cait fails to mention is that it's her own governor and policies who state big box can have 500 but little restaurant with 15 folks is bad. What's the federal government got to do with this so called science they're using for many closures? Closures need to be equally distributed but often they are not. Maybe the little guys are being antagonized. Many would rather work then take a handout.

I heard covid situation got really really really bad in the Dakotas right now.

Morons.

I think it’s all east river. I was just in the black hills area of so dak and Wyoming and most people were masked up. Also there isn’t very many people to begin with...

Felt safer there than minneapolis/ St. Paul where I live.

south Dakota governor is a moron though.

Balance I agree with

Gyms should def be shut down. It’s a germ pool pandemic or not not matter how many diluted bathroom cleaner you put at the clean stations.
As much as I use the gym you’re right. To top it off low T dudes think masks make them more feminine.

for guns to stay open they need to completely redo how it operates. Assign people areas, limit capacity by a large amount, people need to sign up for times to use it, etc

As much as I use the gym you’re right. To top it off low T dudes think masks make them more feminine.

for guns to stay open they need to completely redo how it operates. Assign people areas, limit capacity by a large amount, people need to sign up for times to use it, etc

your idea would work, but then there’s that population thatll complain and talk about “I pay my month fee here like everyone!” “You want the government to control you?!” Type crowd.

the limit capacity off the rip has been great though.

Back
Top Bottom