Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was it hard to breathe? My biggest worry is that you would restrict airflow so much that rather than filtering the air you would create leaks around the mask. Think of a dirty/blocked HVAC filter where air WILL eventually find the area of least resistance.
Honestly nope. I could definitely feel a difference in airflow but nothing alarming.

I honestly wanted to take as much precautions as I could. I have small children.

Last edited:
Has anyone else not gotten it yet?

Everyone I know, including my parents and brother, has gotten it at least once.
*knocks on wood* Not that I'm aware of. Me, my wife, and 2 kids are the only ones in our extended family who haven't tested positive at least once and we haven't been isolating by any means, just being very careful. No public transportation at all.

Has anyone else not gotten it yet?

Everyone I know, including my parents and brother, has gotten it at least once.
My wife and I haven't caught it. Our three kids caught it at their tiny private school the week after Thanksgiving break. I have a running theory that I'm either invincible or am living on my last of nine lives.

My wife and I haven't caught it. Our three kids caught it at their tiny private school the week after Thanksgiving break. I have a running theory that I'm either invincible or am living on my last of nine lives.

Were you able to isolate the kids or were you around them the whole time?

Were you able to isolate the kids or were you around them the whole time?
I had a major health incident at the beginning of the pandemic completely unrelated to Covid. So, my kids had the fear of spreading anything to me and my flimsy immune system. They were always good at masking up and washing their hands and so when they caught it, they were good at keeping to their specified zones in the house and we all masked up while we were in common areas. Mind you they were six and eight at the time.

Had to ask a grown man to cover his mouth when coughing. It’s so frustrating how irresponsible people are. I peeped him in the waiting area just being nasty. Then with the worst luck ever he sits next to me on the plane. I wiped down my seats, had a 3m aura and botn kf94 on. I was uncomfortable but I didn’t care. He coughed and didn’t cover and I lost it. I was like please have some consideration and cover your mouth. He was polite about it and started to do it but the aloofness was alarming.

They need to reinstate masks on public transportation.

Tested negative so far. Praying still however

There was a lot of coughing going on in my airport too - it’s just ridiculous. It’s one thing to say that as long as you are well you don’t need a mask but if you are coughing and sneezing that’s just gross and irresponsible.

Today has reassured me that we can’t travel to see family this summer - it was hard enough spending 5 hours with a good mask on today - I also forgot to eat this morning so by 5pm was struggling.

We could never get 18 hours across the world like that, especially with kids, even though they’re all teenagers - so we’re going camping in a desolate place again.

It’s one thing to say that as long as you are well you don’t need a mask but if you are coughing and sneezing that’s just gross and irresponsible.
I really hoped that people would have learned to mask when they have a cough or other respiratory symptoms, but no. "It's just a cold, bro"

Had to ask a grown man to cover his mouth when coughing. It’s so frustrating how irresponsible people are. I peeped him in the waiting area just being nasty. Then with the worst luck ever he sits next to me on the plane. I wiped down my seats, had a 3m aura and botn kf94 on. I was uncomfortable but I didn’t care. He coughed and didn’t cover and I lost it. I was like please have some consideration and cover your mouth. He was polite about it and started to do it but the aloofness was alarming.

They need to reinstate masks on public transportation.

Tested negative so far. Praying still however
Imagine having to tell an adult to cover their mouth when coughing :smh:

my niece and her friend (both very asian) were harassed and chased in nyc (they both live there). two bigger guys told them to take off their masks..."who the **** do you think you are wearing that ****?" at first they thought it was nothing until the guys started following them and they ran to the subway station. i'm headed there next week and i hope this is a very random and rare occurrence. i probably don't look super asian but my kids kinda do. we will be masking up and staying pretty much on manhattan.

my niece and her friend (both very asian) were harassed and chased in nyc (they both live there). two bigger guys told them to take off their masks..."who the **** do you think you are wearing that ****?" at first they thought it was nothing until the guys started following them and they ran to the subway station. i'm headed there next week and i hope this is a very random and rare occurrence. i probably don't look super asian but my kids kinda do. we will be masking up and staying pretty much on manhattan.
Makes me sick what these idiots are doing. I'm glad they're safe and I want you and your family to stay safe in NYC. ninjahood ninjahood has da musket on deck if we need to regulate.

I finally got my booster shot after a year of the initial 2 dose. I had no side effects the first 2 doses but this booster hit me hard. Fatigue, Chills and Body aches and headache started later in the day after the shot. and got worse overnight into the next day. Day 2 after the booster I feel 90% back to normal. Still some chills and fatigue. Is this normal? I thought side effects were only suposed to last 24 hours and never heard of fatigue being a side effect either.

I finally got my booster shot after a year of the initial 2 dose. I had no side effects the first 2 doses but this booster hit me hard. Fatigue, Chills and Body aches and headache started later in the day after the shot. and got worse overnight into the next day. Day 2 after the booster I feel 90% back to normal. Still some chills and fatigue. Is this normal? I thought side effects were only suposed to last 24 hours and never heard of fatigue being a side effect either.

In my experience, dose 2 was the worst and I hardly felt anything from the booster. Maybe just a mild headache and sore arm. Did you get infected between dose 2 and booster, by chance?

Had a coworker said he had a lingering headache after his 4th shot. Didn't hit me till later like wait what? When we get 4?

In my experience, dose 2 was the worst and I hardly felt anything from the booster. Maybe just a mild headache and sore arm. Did you get infected between dose 2 and booster, by chance?
No I did not. And I know that it is common for people that have had previous infection to get more severe side effects. It's been Pfizer all 3 times too. I can only chalk it up to maybe it being so long between shots.

No I did not. And I know that it is common for people that have had previous infection to get more severe side effects. It's been Pfizer all 3 times too. I can only chalk it up to maybe it being so long between shots.

I would have thought more time between doses would have resulted in LESS booster reaction, but it is what it is. Did you consider trying to get Moderna boost? Seems that's been the most popular route for those who got Pfizer. My kids (7 & 10) both got Pfizer and I had hoped the Moderna vaccine for kids would be available by the time they're eligible for a booster.

I would have thought more time between doses would have resulted in LESS booster reaction, but it is what it is. Did you consider trying to get Moderna boost? Seems that's been the most popular route for those who got Pfizer. My kids (7 & 10) both got Pfizer and I had hoped the Moderna vaccine for kids would be available by the time they're eligible for a booster.

Remember that adverse effects/reactions are normal immune responses to the vaccine. It’s technically a foreign substance, so your immune system responds.

Based on my (should be better but decent) understanding of immunology, could be that the longer the period between doses/booster means that there’s less circulating anti-COVID antibodies in the system. I dunno the lifespan of COVID vaccine antibodies (antibodies are proteins synthesized by immune cells) but say the longer period in between shots = less present antibodies in the body = stronger immune response = worse side effects.

I've been vacinaated 3 times since Feb 2021 all Pfizer & every single shot made me feel pretty lousy the next day, booster this past fall actually had the longest lasting side effects.

No I didn't consider that al all. I figured I'd just stick with what I started with. This is all going to end up as a yearly or bi-yearly shot anyways.

Remember that adverse effects/reactions are normal immune responses to the vaccine. It’s technically a foreign substance, so your immune system responds.

Based on my (should be better but decent) understanding of immunology, could be that the longer the period between doses/booster means that there’s less circulating anti-COVID antibodies in the system. I dunno the lifespan of COVID vaccine antibodies (antibodies are proteins synthesized by immune cells) but say the longer period in between shots = less present antibodies in the body = stronger immune response = worse side effects.

Follow my logic here... the immune system doesn't recognize the first shot, which is why most people have few reactions other than some soreness at the injection site. The immune system has been primed by the first shot and antibodies are plentiful by the time you get your second, which is why you get a pretty strong reaction once your immune system has been trained to recognize the spike protein as an invader. Those antibodies have mostly waned after 4-6 months (even moreso in Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer case), which is why I would have expected less reaction to the booster. Anecdotally, most people I know had very little reaction to the 3rd dose, myself included. It's the long-lived memory B/T cells that kick into action and give you that durable protection after boost. Am I missing something?

I thought the exact same thing but wouldn't this also meant hat the first dose would have the biggest immune response since there weren't any antibodies at all

Follow my logic here... the immune system doesn't recognize the first shot, which is why most people have few reactions other than some soreness at the injection site. The immune system has been primed by the first shot and antibodies are plentiful by the time you get your second, which is why you get a pretty strong reaction once your immune system has been trained to recognize the spike protein as an invader. Those antibodies have mostly waned after 4-6 months (even moreso in Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer case), which is why I would have expected less reaction to the booster. Anecdotally, most people I know had very little reaction to the 3rd dose, myself included. It's the long-lived memory B/T cells that kick into action and give you that durable protection after boost. Am I missing something?
This makes sense to me now. Might be the Long-lived memory cells kicking into action on this one

Back
Top Bottom