Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
it's only been a few weeks but it will be interesting to see what our US death rate will be when this is all said and done

There are 2.8 million deaths per year in America. That's about 233,333 per month. Of the top 10 causes of death, 6-7 relate directly to covid patients. Will the other causes of deaths decrease? Will we see a new covid category? Will the overall death rate change much? I think there needs to be a reality that people do die. People have been dying at alarming rates for years. 42,000 new Yorkers (entire state) die each year of heart disease.
I think ppl are pretty aware of the number of deaths and the concept of death. I mean we all have suffered death of loved ones and friends. So personally, I don't think it's about the body count, I think it's more about it being unknown and about control. We know what heart disease is and can control why most ppl die of it. Most choose to live stressful lives and eat unhealthy and not work out, so for the most part, alot of it is a choice. Alot of car accident deaths are due to drunk driving, reckless driving, no seatbelts, a choice. Alot of ppl who die from the flu never get vaccinated, a choice. With coronavirus on the other hand we don't really have much of a choice to prevent it (no vaccine). We can lessen the risk by staying in, but that's not a reasonable way to live forever. On top of that, it's a disease that spreads and multiplies. Car accidents and heart disease aren't something that can spread and multiply by being near someone. Right now, it's unknown and we don't have control over it.

So I think that's where the fear and urgency lies. The unknown, the way it spreads, how much it multiplies, and how there's no vaccine. Also how we're low on resources and the small time frame in which death is rapidly multiplying. It'd be easier if it was a flat curve spread throughout the year like other catagories of death, but we're still in month 1 since rapid growth.

Last edited:
WelltodoTerribleCockroach-size_restricted.gif

I really cannot fathom how so many people lack any basic critical thinking. I've seen people comparing number of deaths to diabetes, car accidents, war etc.
None of those ****ing things are transmissible. You don't cough your diabetes onto someone else. I swear some people want to find comfort so bad at the cost of facts it's damaging for everyone, as their stupidity spreads to other stupid people

equality equality it's the relatability of basic death figures. Many don't realize 2.8 million Americans die each year.

For me, if someone dies from covid, they aren't dying from cancer or heart disease or a respiratory issue. So there's some overlap. I'm trying to be optimistic since the beginning. Many in these nursing homes were set to sadly die within a year or so. This is cutting it all short. I guess what I'm getting at, will we be seeing ' a huge surge in new deaths or just a shifting of 'causes of death'. I'm not talking about the infectious nature of it at all. Just numbers.

I really cannot fathom how so many people lack any basic critical thinking. I've seen people comparing number of deaths to diabetes, car accidents, war etc.
None of those ****ing things are transmissible. You don't cough your diabetes onto someone else. I swear some people want to find comfort so bad at the cost of facts it's damaging for everyone, as their stupidity spreads to other stupid people
Also, most cases of car accidents and diabetes could have been prevented. Not too mention the numbers of death of other catagories ppl talk about are per year, and we're still basically in the first month since this thing grew. So only a fair comparison of numbers can be done if everyone didn't quarantine and we could see where the numbers would be in 11 months.

maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Isn't it really bad if preventable American deaths range in the millions? And we're still not stopping it. That's worse than something that's totally random IMHO.

Top causes of death in USA
  • Heart disease: 647,457.
  • Cancer: 599,108.
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936.
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201.
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383.
  • Alzheimer's disease: 121,404.
  • Diabetes: 83,564.
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672.
I'll remain optimistic that this is majority of the time killing those that were set to die very soon.

maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Isn't it really bad if preventable American deaths range in the millions? And we're still not stopping it. That's worse than something that's totally random IMHO.

Top causes of death in USA
  • Heart disease: 647,457.
  • Cancer: 599,108.
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936.
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201.
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383.
  • Alzheimer's disease: 121,404.
  • Diabetes: 83,564.
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672.
I'll remain optimistic that this is majority of the time killing those that were set to die very soon.
What is your point exactly? Yes ppl die. You make it sound like we can change that. It's a fact of life. Ppl aren't going to live forever lol.

So what should we do? Nothing? Just let the hospitals get overrun and have ppl die because we did nothing? WE DO TRY TO PREVENT THOSE OTHER MEANS OF DEATHS. If you haven't noticed, there's alot that goes into trying to get ppl to live and eat right. But in the end, it's up to the individual.

Plus you keep quoting these numbers. What are you comparing them too? Coronavirus? How are you comparing them if you don't have a total death count for 12 months?

What is your point exactly? Yes ppl die. You make it sound like we can change that. It's a fact of life. Ppl aren't going to live forever lol.

So what should we do? Nothing? Just let the hospitals get overrun and have ppl die because we did nothing? WE DO TRY TO PREVENT THOSE OTHER MEANS OF DEATHS. If you haven't noticed, there's alot that goes into trying to get ppl to live and eat right. But in the end, it's up to the individual.

Plus you keep quoting these numbers. What are you comparing them too? Coronavirus? How are you comparing them if you don't have a total death count for 12 months?
why the hostility?
just NY for example. If 20% of these crazy death numbers can be attributed back to true underlying conditions, maybe we're not so far off from the peak? Msm is saying one thing. I'm saying we should have some hope.

Italy has 95% figures going towards older than 60-70, and underlying conditions.

The positive is that death causes cannot overlap. Maybe cancer and heart disease go down, but covid goes up. One person can't account for 4-5 deaths.

I'm glad we're all shut down and social distancing. I'm trying to remains optimistic that these figures will balance out and not be as bad as they seem, in the future.

Lastly. You said diabetes can be prevented. So yes. We can stop many of these deaths. Almost a million are preventable. Hyporcite? Don't try to out me like that.

why the hostility?
just NY for example. If 20% of these crazy death numbers can be attributed back to true underlying conditions, maybe we're not so far off from the peak? Msm is saying one thing. I'm saying we should have some hope.

Italy has 95% figures going towards older than 60-70, and underlying conditions.

The positive is that death causes cannot overlap. Maybe cancer and heart disease go down, but covid goes up. One person can't account for 4-5 deaths.

I'm glad we're all shut down and social distancing. I'm trying to remains optimistic that these figures will balance out and not be as bad as they seem, in the future.

Lastly. You said diabetes can be prevented. So yes. We can stop many of these deaths. Almost a million are preventable. Hyporcite? Don't try to out me like that.
I still don't get what your point is? What's your point? Also, when did I call you a hypocrite? And how did I try to "out" you? I never even mentioned diabetes.

Last edited:

Single passenger flights: The daily woes of airlines, and the crew still working

*This would be surreal to experience

walkingBred walkingBred
I'm done with you.

You said

But then mention diabetes as totally preventable. As my first post mentions, 6-7 of the top causes of death are made worse with covid. So the hope is there is a tad bit of death overlap. People who would've died in November are dying now. It's a sad hope. But I remain hopeful.

Difference of opinion I guess.

Single passenger flights: The daily woes of airlines, and the crew still working

Almost happened to me once on a flight from Macau to Shanghai. I was the 1st on the plane and probably less than 10 ppl were on the flight. I thought I board on the wrong plane and had to ask the FA twice to confirm the destination :lol:

walkingBred walkingBred
I'm done with you.

You said

But then mention diabetes as totally preventable. As my first post mentions, 6-7 of the top causes of death are made worse with covid. So the hope is there is a tad bit of death overlap. People who would've died in November are dying now. It's a sad hope. But I remain hopeful.

Difference of opinion I guess.
You misunderstood. When I said yes ppl die and there's nothing we can do about that, it means just that...we won't live forever. Preventing someone from diabetes doesn't mean they'll live forever. They'll die of something on your list eventually. I said that because you put Alzheimer's and accidentally death up there on your list. C'mon man. You said....

"maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Isn't it really bad if preventable American deaths range in the millions? And we're still not stopping it."

We can't stop death from happening. We can try to prolong life, but stopping it from happening?

Last edited:
Fox News shouldn't be allowed to have any scientists on. At this point they need to go full heel and turn themselves into the WWE of media. A channel people tune into for entertainment while knowing it's fake

That’s what I take it as. I’ll scroll the channels and if nothing else is on I’ll watch to see how they’ll spin the story to take blame off of trump .

Gonna have to book me a flight somewhere.

That’s what I take it as. I’ll scroll the channels and if nothing else is on I’ll watch to see how they’ll spin the story to take blame off of trump .

oh I’m sure you hear it all at work, I know I do. I refuse to even mention politics at work.

Been lurking this thread a lot, big part of the reason my anxiety has come back big time. Was diagnosed a while back and had gotten to a point where I no longer need meds and can manage most bouts on my own.. but damn.

went out for a drive with my wife and kids to drop off something at the in-laws, nobody got close to anyone else. Get home and my son wakes up from a short nap with a fever and is currently resting at about 101 degrees. Not gonna lie bro’s this has got me OD paranoid. Mind you my daughter got over a little cold recently and my wife is getting over a cough/sore throat. I just want them to stay healthy and safe that’s it!

Back
Top Bottom