Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
How bad?

How many waves?

What's your timeline for everything?

Had they never shut down the states and let everyone go on their normal daily lives (work, school, etc) the infection counts would at least be doubled and the deaths would be equally doubled if not possibly tripled. Keeping things closed and limiting people's excursions did help. Anyone who thinks different, is just being delusional.

Now, opening back up this soon, will inevitably up the totals of both total cases and deaths. This won't be normal until we get a vaccine and even then, the new normal will be different.

5OyhclC.png

Supposed to travel to Reno from SF for an AAU tournament first week of June. I’m hesitant and everyone else isn’t. Haha. FML...side bar: I’m one of the coaches so I’d have to go :rofl::lol::sick:|l

I don’t know how y’all feel but this quarantine is a blessing in disguise.

with respect to the affected--the human cost of progress is never to be minimized--I feel you.

this is like a referendum on the structure of society, an opportunity to re-examine every facet of how this whole operation works and your individual level of satisfaction about your role and future within it.

example: I just read a piece talking about shortening the work week to 4 or less days to fight IT.

how does that not make sense?

now that it doesn´t matter what day it is for a lot of people, the rat race routine is fully wrecked.

would be really easy to get the office world on a Mon-Tues-Thurs-Sat schedule.

nothing really has to be done any particular way, just done.

would we be having conversations about UBI and class warfare and broken federal systems last April?

lately I lay awake at night and while the actual fn plague no doubt weighs heavy on my mind, I can´t help but to appreciate an unscheduled physical examination of global society (from my seat of relative privilege).

And this is how it starts. That would make the dog the third species it’s jumped to. Only a matter of time before it figures out how to jump back into humans.

What symptoms are you experiencing?

Why in the world would they let people go if things are going to ramp up and workers are willing to work? Shouldn’t they be hiring or adding extra hours to people’s schedules?

They’re gonna end up paying the UI anyways to these people when cases spike up after opening. They’ll go back to work, get sick then go right back on unemployment.

I wonder if the $600 pandemic relief will still keep coming in for people that go back even though the UI benefits stop
none other than a slight cough some chest discomfort.

the thing about ramping up workers is that you only need to ramp up a certain number of departments. this is a time where the same specialized workers are being stretched thin. Hospitals are huge and very complex. theres a lot of employees who are do very important work but at the same time, are non essential to fight covid. people who work in clinics like the orthopedic department are seeing a way less number of patients. people aren't injuring themselves anymore. this has a domino effect on a lot of other departments i.e. the custodial staff has a lot less work to do so they have to cut hours.
you also need to reduce the number of employees to a minimum to cut down exposure to the virus.

While all of this sounds nice and dandy, every department is assigned a budget. You can't go back to one and take their money back from them and give it someone else. So if they want to waste parts of it flying jets, that is their right. You can, however, re-adjust it for the following year. I see nothing wrong with this, cause if we weren't going through a pandemic, cats wouldn't be outraged. People are behaving as if we don't have any money to buy the items, the problem why we lacked these items was because of shortages.
i see your point. but the outrage is coming from the pandemic. when WWII was going on, the whole country united and rationed almost everything. i know the times are different and it is more individualistic but it should stop unification. today i went to the post and forgot to bring tape, however the store security could not help get some tape since I did not have a mask. i had to go back home and get tape still, the tape is 2 feet away.

it is a complex issue but there is hardly any sense of community in a lot of areas.

Democrats want to lock it down forever and destroy economies. Republicans want to reopen asap. Very few logical middlemen.
It's funny I keep hearing this (often from my right-wing associates) but every expert I've read and every well-informed discussion I've had would fit the "logical middlemen" category, although these same people would be seen as left-wing or Democrats.

One thing was clear early on, which was that asking people to be more mindful (wash hands, cough into your sleeve) was not going to be very effective. Once it started getting out of control, it was already too late to get away with half-assed measures.

As for the future, most people seem to agree that for the next year or so we cannot open up back to normal. We have to do it carefully. Nobody from the "left" disagrees on this. Nobody thinks we should stay locked down indefinitely. The goal, actually, is that by being more careful now (and perhaps "overreacting", as some would mistakenly call it) we make it easier to open the economy up sooner.

People keep complaining that certain services and industries are losing jobs and we need to open things back up now, but the truth is that we're not suddenly going to go back to 100% on tourism, eating out, bars, clubs, etc., etc. No matter what we do, these industries are going to take a hit over the next 1-2 years, and whether we relax restrictions today or in June is not going to make a drastic difference.

edit: there is a discussion to be had about the optimal balance of things. if, hypothetically, summer heat drastically reduces transmission rates, then we could get away with opening things up more in the summer months. these top-level decisions are limited a bit by the dynamics of the virus and the need to have a unified message, so we can't do the optimal day-to-day adjustment of policies on a local level. hopefully we get smarter over time though and with better surveillance we can open certain things back up while minimally adding to the transmission of the virus.

Last edited:
Supposed to travel to Reno from SF for an AAU tournament first week of June. I’m hesitant and everyone else isn’t. Haha. FML...side bar: I’m one of the coaches so I’d have to go :rofl::lol::sick:|l
You should be hesitant.

I would be shocked if that tournament is not cancelled.

I don't get the logic of people thinking Democrats want to shut down the economy, while Republicans want to open it up ASAP.

There's a pandemic, millions are infected, thousands have died, and to this day there isn't enough testing and supplies for every state. Yet, the Phillips and Beckys of the US feel like they are being enslaved by being told to stay home?

These people really prove there is plenty of stupid in this country.

I don't get the logic of people thinking Democrats want to shut down the economy, while Republicans want to open it up ASAP.

There's a pandemic, millions are infected, thousands have died, and to this day there isn't enough testing and supplies for every state. Yet, the Phillips and Beckys of the US feel like they are being enslaved by being told to stay home?

that’s what their handlers told them to say.

I think you misunderstood. It's not that the Democrats care more about saving lives than saving the economy. It's deeper than that. The truth (their truth) is that Democrats have purposefully engineered this pandemic to tank the economy so that it makes Trump look bad. And the best way to fight against this diabolical libbie plot is to die for the economy.

I think you misunderstood. It's not that the Democrats care more about saving lives than saving the economy. It's deeper than that. The truth (their truth) is that Democrats have purposefully engineered this pandemic to tank the economy so that it makes Trump look bad. And the best way to fight against this diabolical libbie plot is to die for the economy.

which is 🦇💩crazy, but that’s what cult 45 and co. says so it must be true.

Is it a lib hoax or a China virus? 🤔 or is it a lib China virus?

Back
Top Bottom