Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Only gastrointestinal conditions.

1602032939845.png

It’s going to only get worse across the world

anyone thinking a vaccine is going to change the course of this plague is going to be sadly mistaken
I don’t think it feels real enough to people. There are plenty states that are doing relatively ok in comparison to the New York’s and Claifornia’s. 200k deaths apparently doesn’t scare people. If we were to have around 1 million to 2 million deaths, I feel like things will be a little different.

Finished This Book on COVID-19 recently and want to share the information I found. A sobering book. First, the author Deborah Mackenzie has been working in the field of infectious diseases for 30+ years and currently writes for New Scientist. She was in the thick of it with MERS, SARS, H1N1, and Bird Flu to name a few. Here's a C-span interview she was in about a month and a half ago if interested: https://www.c-span.org/video/?474345-1/after-words-debora-mackenzie

I'll try to be concise without skimping on the details and give the most pertinent information first. Again, bare with me.

1) L
ocal health officials of Wuhan and then later the government of China hid the details of person-to-person COVID19 transmission deliberately. Doctors warned the higher-ups that a pneumonia-like disease they had never seen was circulating in the local population but were effectively censored and punished by the bosses in the hospital as to not talk about it and not to cause panic. They lied to the CDC in late December by withholding the information that there was person-to-person transmission when they knew there was. Only on January 20th were they forced to admit publicly what other doctors around the world already suspected; A pandemic was brewing. The world effectively lost a month to prepare. Due to law, no foreign scientists could actually enter the country to investigate the claims unless invited until early February. As it spiraled out of control they had no choice but to enforce a lockdown which in fact did help to halt the spread of the virus. The one thing they did that was correct.

( Quick Note: The "China Ban" was largely ineffective by the time it was put in place because the virus was already too widespread and out of China (Globalization anyone?). Also, simply a "ban" does nothing if, at the same time, you are not preparing to trace, locate and quarantine affected persons as they appear in your country)

Covid-19 was never going to be completely eliminated but make no mistake, if the world was notified in December of the seriousness of the disease and China locked down January 1st: In all likelihood, This would not have become a pandemic.

2) Covid-19 came from Bats. We know for a fact, based on the structure of the virus and its pattern, that it originated in a bat and jumped to a human (Bat to human transmission). It was with all probability bat feces (Ye Ming Sha) which is used in eye medicine in certain cultures. The verdict is still out on exactly how if not feces ( bats don't usually bite people and it wasn't from cooked meat but read for yourself: Bat Feces and Coronavirus?) Avoiding bats and bat products seem like a good start to stop the spreading of these types of respiratory viruses as well as respecting bat's territory. The termination of the use of their droppings in any capacity should also be a priority in the future.

Also, Wildlife/live markets need to be cleaned up and regulated. Immediately. That is not where Covid19 came from, but Bird Flu did. These places can become breeding grounds for an animal to human transmission of deadly diseases.

3) Another Pandemic is coming. It is inevitable. It will be here sooner than any of us think. (Remember this name among many: Nipah. Think about the last scene of Contagion. Yes, it comes from Bats) Scientists have been sounding the alarm for decades on a virus such as Covid-19 ( Respiratory RNA viruses) but no one listened or thought it was worth researching a vaccine based on the profit margin (There is no money in vaccines). The economies of many western countries are in shambles for the foreseeable future, is anybody listening yet?

I'd even go so far as to say that the pending pandemic is so important, people should be asking the future President at debates what he is going to do to prepare and prevent mass casualty in the event of the next pandemic under his term.

It’s time to manufacture PPE in the United States. If we can spend trillions on fighter jets and nuclear bombs we can spend billions on PPE, contact tracing services, and scientific surveillance on emerging diseases. It’s non-negotiable at this point. We cannot return to “normal," we have to be smarter in the future and learn from this continuing catastrophe. It's time to make scientists (AND science) a part of our national conversation and cultural fabric again.

(Quick Note: The Obama Administration spent 1 Billion on detection labs and preparedness plans, stockpiled PPE and set up networks of hospitals to respond to a pandemic, and created an office in the white house to plan and lead the response to a pandemic. These were all effectively shut down under Trump. Expect more of the same if he is somehow re-elected)

Lastly, what we need the most right now is global coordination and cooperation, not division. WHO is not perfect but they must be funded adequately as "third world" countries rely on their information and instructions. Blaming China is useless at this point. We've got to move on from punitive measures. Part of the reason this happened is because of a gross lack of transparency. Instead of looking for retaliation, we need to embrace not only China but all countries in order to monitor diseases as they appear and evolve in order to prevent this from EVER happening again.

Trump just needed an excuse to cancel the next debate :lol:. This mfer taking experimental drug cocktails while pres of the US. Like c'mon all of a sudden Trump is being honest :lol: :lol: my general dislike of most people makes isolating a piece of cake. "I can do this all day" although homeboy earlier in the thread who caught it isolating with his wife and getting all food delivered catching it is concerning.

FTFY

New Zealand beat that **** again (recorded no community infections) because their PM is not a ****ing idiot supported by millions of ****ing idiots. As of yesterday, there were 6 cases only the country.

thats good for them not for the US and most of the world
europe is not doing well
the US is screwed

we can all agree trump screwed this up for the past 9 months
i agree with you

New Zealand is on an island thats away from most of the world their very lucky

Last edited:
thats good for them not for the US and most of the world
europe is not doing well
the US is screwed

we can all agree trump screwed this up for the past 9 months
i agree with you

New Zealand is on an island thats away from most of the world their very lucky
Geographical layout is an advantage for NZ I agree.

Here's the thing: we have something similar in the sense that we only have two neighbors (which simplifies coordination with border crossings) and two oceans around us. In some respects, we're a much larger island. That's why the Japanese and the Germans couldn't touch the mainland during WWII.

When it comes to Europe, they initially reacted as they should have; however, their borders are mostly set up like US states in the sense that Europeans can freely travel within the EU and countries that enforce rigorous COVID policies may be bordered by countries that don't.

Trump just needed an excuse to cancel the next debate :lol:. This mfer taking experimental drug cocktails while pres of the US. Like c'mon all of a sudden Trump is being honest :lol: :lol: my general dislike of most people makes isolating a piece of cake. "I can do this all day" although homeboy earlier in the thread who caught it isolating with his wife and getting all food delivered catching it is concerning.

FWIW, the monoclonal antibody cocktail he took isn't something that was thrown together in a lab by a bunch of pseudo-scientists, but rather a legitimate product that is still undergoing clinical trials and has been expected for quite some time to be highly effective. Here's an article from March:

Something we have discussed in the past has finally been studied - the risk of being infected through your eyes. According to this recent study published in the JAMA, daily eyeglass wearers are at much lower risk for contracting COVID-19. In this study of 276 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in Suizhou, China, the proportion of daily wearers of eyeglasses was lower than that of the local population (5.8% vs 31.5%).

*glasses on*

my son doesn’t wear glasses but we bought him some blue light glasses because he was on the ipad all day for distance learning. he started wearing them when we leave the house and i was like wtf are you doing man?! he said it’s “extra protection from the virus”. i guess he was right all along 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

Smart kid! Mine are blue light glasses as well: https://amzn.to/3iFn1EH

Finished This Book on COVID-19 recently and want to share the information I found. A sobering book. First, the author Deborah Mackenzie has been working in the field of infectious diseases for 30+ years and currently writes for New Scientist. She was in the thick of it with MERS, SARS, H1N1, and Bird Flu to name a few. Here's a C-span interview she was in about a month and a half ago if interested: https://www.c-span.org/video/?474345-1/after-words-debora-mackenzie

I'll try to be concise without skimping on the details and give the most pertinent information first. Again, bare with me.

1) L
ocal health officials of Wuhan and then later the government of China hid the details of person-to-person COVID19 transmission deliberately. Doctors warned the higher-ups that a pneumonia-like disease they had never seen was circulating in the local population but were effectively censored and punished by the bosses in the hospital as to not talk about it and not to cause panic. They lied to the CDC in late December by withholding the information that there was person-to-person transmission when they knew there was. Only on January 20th were they forced to admit publicly what other doctors around the world already suspected; A pandemic was brewing. The world effectively lost a month to prepare. Due to law, no foreign scientists could actually enter the country to investigate the claims unless invited until early February. As it spiraled out of control they had no choice but to enforce a lockdown which in fact did help to halt the spread of the virus. The one thing they did that was correct.

( Quick Note: The "China Ban" was largely ineffective by the time it was put in place because the virus was already too widespread and out of China (Globalization anyone?). Also, simply a "ban" does nothing if, at the same time, you are not preparing to trace, locate and quarantine affected persons as they appear in your country)

Covid-19 was never going to be completely eliminated but make no mistake, if the world was notified in December of the seriousness of the disease and China locked down January 1st: In all likelihood, This would not have become a pandemic.

2) Covid-19 came from Bats. We know for a fact, based on the structure of the virus and its pattern, that it originated in a bat and jumped to a human (Bat to human transmission). It was with all probability bat feces (Ye Ming Sha) which is used in eye medicine in certain cultures. The verdict is still out on exactly how if not feces ( bats don't usually bite people and it wasn't from cooked meat but read for yourself: Bat Feces and Coronavirus?) Avoiding bats and bat products seem like a good start to stop the spreading of these types of respiratory viruses as well as respecting bat's territory. The termination of the use of their droppings in any capacity should also be a priority in the future.

Also, Wildlife/live markets need to be cleaned up and regulated. Immediately. That is not where Covid19 came from, but Bird Flu did. These places can become breeding grounds for an animal to human transmission of deadly diseases.

3) Another Pandemic is coming. It is inevitable. It will be here sooner than any of us think. (Remember this name among many: Nipah. Think about the last scene of Contagion. Yes, it comes from Bats) Scientists have been sounding the alarm for decades on a virus such as Covid-19 ( Respiratory RNA viruses) but no one listened or thought it was worth researching a vaccine based on the profit margin (There is no money in vaccines). The economies of many western countries are in shambles for the foreseeable future, is anybody listening yet?

I'd even go so far as to say that the pending pandemic is so important, people should be asking the future President at debates what he is going to do to prepare and prevent mass casualty in the event of the next pandemic under his term.

It’s time to manufacture PPE in the United States. If we can spend trillions on fighter jets and nuclear bombs we can spend billions on PPE, contact tracing services, and scientific surveillance on emerging diseases. It’s non-negotiable at this point. We cannot return to “normal," we have to be smarter in the future and learn from this continuing catastrophe. It's time to make scientists (AND science) a part of our national conversation and cultural fabric again.

(Quick Note: The Obama Administration spent 1 Billion on detection labs and preparedness plans, stockpiled PPE and set up networks of hospitals to respond to a pandemic, and created an office in the white house to plan and lead the response to a pandemic. These were all effectively shut down under Trump. Expect more of the same if he is somehow re-elected)

Lastly, what we need the most right now is global coordination and cooperation, not division. WHO is not perfect but they must be funded adequately as "third world" countries rely on their information and instructions. Blaming China is useless at this point. We've got to move on from punitive measures. Part of the reason this happened is because of a gross lack of transparency. Instead of looking for retaliation, we need to embrace not only China but all countries in order to monitor diseases as they appear and evolve in order to prevent this from EVER happening again.
Thank you for reporting back on this. This thread used to be full of these types of posts.

1. I wonder if there will be any penalties On China by world governments in the future? I highly doubt it because this is pretty much well known by now and no action has been taken. If anything I hope there is a way to have open, transparent communication with them on this matter in the future

2. was there any mention of the ability to trace back to patient zero in the book? Is it confirmed that Wuhan was the origin and not someone who may have traveled and died there after having contact with bat feces?

3. I’ve read that Oxford was working on a vaccine for years and That’s why they’ve been one the first institutions to be close to finalizing one for this pandemic.

Is there any mention in the book about how a vaccine would fit into this picture? Does the author have hope that one can potentially eliminate the pandemic and further be manipulated to fight off future outbreaks of other Coronavirus es?

I’m honestly shocked that Preventing the next pandemic and bringing PPE production back to the US is not the major topic of this election.
we really have learned nothing from this year.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the Obama administration also deplete most of the PPE stock with all the hurricanes and natural disasters at the time?

Thank you for reporting back on this. This thread used to be full of these types of posts.

1. I wonder if there will be any penalties On China by world governments in the future? I highly doubt it because this is pretty much well known by now and no action has been taken. If anything I hope there is a way to have open, transparent communication with them on this matter in the future

2. was there any mention of the ability to trace back to patient zero in the book? Is it confirmed that Wuhan was the origin and not someone who may have traveled and died there after having contact with bat feces?

3. I’ve read that Oxford was working on a vaccine for years and That’s why they’ve been one the first institutions to be close to finalizing one for this pandemic.

Is there any mention in the book about how a vaccine would fit into this picture? Does the author have hope that one can potentially eliminate the pandemic and further be manipulated to fight off future outbreaks of other Coronavirus es?

I’m honestly shocked that Preventing the next pandemic and bringing PPE production back to the US is not the major topic of this election.
we really have learned nothing from this year.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the Obama administration also deplete most of the PPE stock with all the hurricanes and natural disasters at the time?

Regarding #3, here's an excellent article about the creation of that Oxford vaccine:

Gilbert also explains that, crucially, her team was well prepared for this moment, long before Covid-19 surfaced. Prior to the pandemic, her lab had developed technology to create vaccines against virulent viruses. This approach used a genetically engineered chimpanzee adenovirus — which causes the common flu in apes – to carry elements of a harmful virus into humans, triggering the necessary immune response.
Her work covered the likes of Nipah, Lassa and Rift Valley fever, and, perhaps most significantly, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome – a lethal disease caused by another coronavirus. The framework, she says, was in place for team to hit the ground running with Sars-Cov-2.

Something we have discussed in the past has finally been studied - the risk of being infected through your eyes. According to this recent study published in the JAMA, daily eyeglass wearers are at much lower risk for contracting COVID-19. In this study of 276 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in Suizhou, China, the proportion of daily wearers of eyeglasses was lower than that of the local population (5.8% vs 31.5%).

*glasses on*

curious to hear takes on using data from China. it seems like it's only used to help ones confirmation bias & dismissed when it hurts it lol.

Back
Top Bottom