HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

At that point in time, it wasn't even a thought in anyone's mind something like that would happen. This was the release that kickstarted this whole mess. His thought was "I don't wanna leave them in the car," and I was coming in to pick mine up later that day. And this dude came from the hood-est of hood stores too.
Ehhh… he should’ve known lol. maybe there weren’t as much shenanigans for the previous 11s but there was crazy hype for all the 11 mids and the CGs were the final pair. Concords then Spacejams towards end of 2000, then Columbia’s in January. CGs were the last chance in March, what did you expect especially in the hood

mf’ers getting robbed for kicks was too common where I came from unfortunately

Ehhh… he should’ve known lol. maybe there weren’t as much shenanigans for the previous 11s but there was crazy hype for all the 11 mids and the CGs were the final pair. Concords then Spacejams towards end of 2000, then Columbia’s in January. CGs were the last chance in March, what did you expect especially in the hood

Space Jams were Christmas, and the only pair of 11's our store got, and this store wasn't in the hood. There was absolutely zero goofiness at that release. The CG explosion came out of nowhere. I remember when the pics first surfaced, people on here were like "meh," and others insisted they were purple. One dude in particular kept on calling them the "Cool Purple 11's" trying to get it to stick lol.

Horrendous
fixed my Jubilees 😂
DCFA0435-41C5-417D-AE9B-B911D7310B4F.jpeg

Space Jams were Christmas, and the only pair of 11's our store got, and this store wasn't in the hood. There was absolutely zero goofiness at that release. The CG explosion came out of nowhere. I remember when the pics first surfaced, people on here were like "meh," and others insisted they were purple. One dude in particular kept on calling them the "Cool Purple 11's" trying to get it to stick lol.

The CG were like that because of tax time. Back then Jordans weren’t as affordable as they are now if you’re from the hood. My birthday is March 25 so a lot of times growing up the only pair I ever got was whatever released in March because it coincided with when moms got her taxes back. She actually went with me to the CG release.

Next year I'm thinking less than 5 pair of Js I want. This sneaker thing has become an unpaid job and not worth the frustration and time that comes with it most times.

I feel like the same way. Theres not much coming out next year im interested in and my favorite Jordans are the 1s, 3s, 4s, 5s, and 6s. Theres not much else left for them to retro that hasnt recently been retroed.

correct

I didn’t think I would have a problem getting these on release day because it was not an original colorway. But people went bonkers for the shoe in March 2001. I didn’t see it per se there were multiple reports of violence and people getting beaten up and their shoes taken all over the country. Then Jordan himself wore a pair in that Washington Wizards game. These actually we’re going for more money on eBay than the space jam or the Concords in late 2001.

People went bonkers for them in 2010 as well. :D Man, I remember the chaos.

Love these

Just don’t care to jump thru hoops anymore

mother ****ers made buying a shoe a gauntlet

if I hit, i hit
Funny thing is drops have come easier once taking on that mindset.
Dont hit at launch no worries, throw them on the backlog and get around to them whenever things align. Good sum of the collection has come by way of picking up someone airing out their collection but more often then not ive wound up hitting naturally with the assist from staying plugged in here with restock updates and such.
fixed my Jubilees 😂
DCFA0435-41C5-417D-AE9B-B911D7310B4F.jpeg
Well...damn 🔥🔥

Last edited:
I secured a mens and gs pair in 2010, literally going in and out the backdoor at FTA :lol:

i used to work there but remained cool w the staff for a few years, so the day before release, i dropped off payment for both pairs (cash, of course) and the day of while there was a line out front, the mgr called me to come in thru the delivery entrance, in and out with ease:smokin

Cherry / Griffin PE’s High’s would probably be the only NEW colorways I’d be down for on the 11’s at this point…

Otherwise Columbia’s and DMP’s then I’m out until the OG cycle picks up again…

Man, Im not gonna lie. I would love for JB to redo the 72-10s with this patent leather cut and the jumpman facing left on the left shoe.

I tried to order something on Sunday from JD to get 2000 points in case I got access to CG 11s. That order is Still processing fml.

:lol:@cool purples

OG release did have a lavender tint to the patent leather though. Like others mentioned already, the hype seemed to come out of nowhere for some reason.

First time a frenzied Jordan release ever hit national news, feel like they released the grey 1s shortly after out of pity.

Hoping you are right.. points look like they always did and I don't even see where you can add your card on the app. Weird.
You would have had to choose to use your 2000 status points and pick a size before they charge default card on your account. Weird

You would have had to choose to use your 2000 status points and pick a size before they charge default card on your account. Weird

Exactly..that's what it looked like when I got access but my size was gone. I just woke up with the pending on my card and don't remember using it on the app. I think it's some kind of mistake bc I didnt even pick a size or get another notification.

Back
Top Bottom