Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

I say half as well. Otherwise nothing. Technically whose property is the fence on? Or is it right on the line. If you don’t pay, what’s he going to do tear it down?

139.jpg

Tell em' you had property surveyor come by and the fence is on his side, that his lemon tree is over property lines and into your yard, and you're going to do him a solid and not charge him as thanks for doing the fence. :evil::lol:

Price seems about right though, can ask him for receipts if you doubt

If you read the article it’s a bunch of rich people complaining :lol:

The same “issues” they’re complaining about can be said for almost every city that is being mandated to build additional homes in California. But the “regular” people voices don’t matter.

The governor has issued a mandate for every city to build x amount of homes. If they don’t, they were threatened to lose funding from the state for their city if they don’t comply.

Down here in Southern California cities are packed af. They’re finding any little spots to build tri-level apartments/condos. Traffic is already horrendous as it is, just gonna get worse. That along with the the infrastructure not built for that much traffic/people/congestion
I hate Nimbys
They dont want more housing but then complain about the homeless.
Ive lived in New York and it would take another 200 years for LA and Bay Area to be as “crowded” as New York.
Dont know what these rich people are afraid of.
I swear the rich liberals here are just as bad as republicans sometimes

I know it varies by state / area, but any tips on how to negotiate sellers fees? Standard in CO is 2.8% to buyers agent, and 3.2% to the selling agent. My one buddy (who is admittedly green in RE) said he doesnt have much wiggle room, and another agent/broker I spoke with said she can do a quarter percent discount, which seems like barely anything at all.

Just wondering if its worth further negotiation, or trying to get other costs/fees included as part of the 6%. 2nd agent's fees include carpet cleaning, interior clean before showing and again after move out, window washing, photography and 3D model, and a few other things. Doesn't include staging costs.

Also, should I put a date / time limit written into the contract for when any specific agent loses their "exclusive" selling rights?

I know it varies by state / area, but any tips on how to negotiate sellers fees? Standard in CO is 2.8% to buyers agent, and 3.2% to the selling agent. My one buddy (who is admittedly green in RE) said he doesnt have much wiggle room, and another agent/broker I spoke with said she can do a quarter percent discount, which seems like barely anything at all.

Just wondering if its worth further negotiation, or trying to get other costs/fees included as part of the 6%. 2nd agent's fees include carpet cleaning, interior clean before showing and again after move out, window washing, photography and 3D model, and a few other things. Doesn't include staging costs.

Also, should I put a date / time limit written into the contract for when any specific agent loses their "exclusive" selling rights?

B Sox B Sox

What kind of lights are y’all using for your house? Looking to dim my place a lot more any suggestions would be great

What kind of lights are y’all using for your house? Looking to dim my place a lot more any suggestions would be great
I had 12 of these installed in my kitchen and dining room. They aren't as compatable with with Alexa as they claim but they work well with the app and I use them to change the look of those rooms a lot.

Amazon product ASIN B09QMDPSR9
We also have a lot of these bulbs throughout the house.
Amazon product ASIN B09JLH33LD
I'm a tech nerd so I make a lot of groups etc and it allows me to create scenes and change the ambiance of certain rooms.

I under appreciated the impact of light and how it makes a room feel. Those canned lights are probably one of my favorite things in my home.

I had 12 of these installed in my kitchen and dining room. They aren't as compatable with with Alexa as they claim but they work well with the app and I use them to change the look of those rooms a lot.

Amazon product ASIN B09QMDPSR9
We also have a lot of these bulbs throughout the house.
Amazon product ASIN B09JLH33LD
I'm a tech nerd so I make a lot of groups etc and it allows me to create scenes and change the ambiance of certain rooms.

I under appreciated the impact of light and how it makes a room feel. Those canned lights are probably one of my favorite things in my home.

The apps are pretty good with these? I got the strip one earlier and the app was acting up so I’ll check these ones thanks

The apps are pretty good with these? I got the strip one earlier and the app was acting up so I’ll check these ones thanks
The recessed light app is aight. I don't ever honestly use the app for the bulbs. The recessed light one has a music mode and gaming mode that is kinda cool though so we do use the music thing more than I thought.

Even just changing my lights from yellow to white is a huge plus for me. It literally changes the way you interpret the room in person (it can either feel somewhat sterile, or very cozy) which is really cool.

Start with your final paragraph first. Absolutely. There should normally be both a listing term as well as an agreement on how to cancel.

For the most part there’s definitely some sort of leeway when it comes to negotiating. If a seller wants me to list for less than I normally do, I generally ask them for which of my normal services they don’t want.

There’s a lot of factors though. Some deals are just significantly easier than others and if shaving a little off your commission gets you the deal over a competitor, it’s probably not the end of the world.

End of the day, if you’re expecting a deep discount, you’re probably going to get the kind of service that reflects that. And most of the time, it’s not going to be worth that, IMO, since this is usually your biggest financial asset.

There’s a saying a lot of agents have- If you needed to get major surgery, would you want the best you could get, or the discount surgery?

Is the crash happening? When’s gonna be the bottom / good time to scoop another place

Houses are going over asking again, here metro-Denver. I am about to sell so let it climb a bit more, and then it can crash once I get paid. Honestly, in areas with limited inventory I don't know how much it will really crash.

B Sox B Sox - thanks for the reply. I ended up going with this broker who is giving me a slight discount, but includes everything (photog, 3d, cleaning, window washing, storage unit for my ****, etc.).

But where does the money go?

Does it sit in an account?

Do the HOA people have access to it and spend it on whatever they want?

Are they responsible for showing where the money went if its being spent?
Our HOA releases its financial statements every quarter I believe.

Back
Top Bottom