House of Hoops releases: information ONLY!!

ucjb2 wrote:
This is essentialy how the house of hoops works unless you have a relationship with one of the employees.

They say they do not have set release dates for their PE's, and they are given a date or "call" by a higher up and told either the day of or the day before the release.

Unless you visit the store 6 days a week you are unlikely to ever get anything, because there are resellers and people who operate sneaker websites that are in their all the time waiting for the next release. They never release anything on Sundays.

Calling for or asking the employees about release information usualy does you no good. Its not worth the time.

For instance, Friday morning customers and callers were told that the Hyperdunks woudl release Saturday and their was no set time on Saturday for them to relase.

So an individual could have been in the store Friday morning, been told they were releasing Saturday, left and found out that Nike "changed their minds" and released them Friday afternoon.

Someone coudl have called or gone to the store Monday-Tuesday on the week they released the Sharkleys and been told that they were not coming till next week, when infact they may have already had them, or they arrived the next day.

Basicly for everyone who complains about missing out and living so far away, your dealing with alot less frustration than people who actualy live here and get all sorts of misinformation about releases.

I cannot say for certain if they employees truly dont know and Nike controls this, or if they keep the information very quiet to avoid chaos, but essentaily it all means what I said......

If your not a hound that goes in 5-6 days a week looking to get shoes, or you dont get very very lucky, you are likely to miss out on any release that would have value to the resellers.

You can be from the bronx, queens, downtown, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, it just doesnt matter. If you not in Harlem on the regular youre going to miss out.

24 pairs of Hyperdunks ended up in the hands of far less than 24 people. Capitalism baby.

Co-sign, Im actually glad they started releasing high priced pe's on the low; at least you have a chance. If there's a release date on any hot PEits usually its a wrap. Can you imagin the line at HOH if people knew the hyperflight PE's were dropping?

ANY1 KNOW IF THE (BLACK/YELLOW/PURPLE) AND (WHITE/PURPLE/YELLOW) KOBE HYPERDUNKS THAT RELEASED @ HOH WILL EVENTUALLY BE A GENERAL RELEASE OR WILL THEY MAKEMORE AVAILABLE FOR SALE???.....I HEARD SOMETHING THAT THE 1S RELEASED WERE PROMO SAMPLES AND THAT MORE SHOULD BE RELEASED BUT WITHOUT THE GLASS CASE???...ANY1HAVE INFO ON THIS....THANKS

Yeah, I think ucjb2 probably nailed it.

Not even being close to having access to the store is one thing, but being close to it and missing out on that stuff is another. It's like knowing what youcan't have makes it easy, but knowing what you could have had if you knew some employees or lived in that store is another.

And I love how Nike/Foot Locker has gotta see this happening, but doesn't lift a finger to stop it. Sounds like this store has the right idea, but horriblywrong execution. As long as product is moving right? Too bad it's not managed more carefully, that could help with a lot of the inconsistencies mentioned.

My only problem with House of Hoops is that it's in Harlem...They need to move it to Midtown Manhattan (closer to Brooklyn), matter of fact move it TOBrooklyn
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

My only problem with House of Hoops is that it's in Harlem...They need to move it to Midtown Manhattan (closer to Brooklyn), matter of fact move it TO Brooklyn
pimp.gif
naw keep it in Harlem, closer to the BX (my crib) lol
smile.gif

Gonna pick up those STAT's later 2day

Originally Posted by RaNdZ4937

anyone know how manmy pairs of each PE sharkley's released?

It was 4 pairs, C booz, Randolphs, Gordons and princes

if your asking about indivual numbers, i dont know
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild12

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

My only problem with House of Hoops is that it's in Harlem...They need to move it to Midtown Manhattan (closer to Brooklyn), matter of fact move it TO Brooklyn
pimp.gif
naw keep it in Harlem, closer to the BX (my crib) lol
smile.gif

Gonna pick up those STAT's later 2day

or they could just go ahead and put one up in Chi-town and call it even
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RaNdZ4937

anyone know how manmy pairs of each PE sharkley's released?

It was 4 pairs, C booz, Randolphs, Gordons and princes

if your asking about indivual numbers, i dont know
nerd.gif

i was asking in terms of individual numbers. how many prnice's made , how many Cbooz' made, etc

LOL ^^^ wats good UGK!!??? dat would be great for all of us wouldn't it

not to much man it would be great for everyone if there was more than just one HoH

Originally Posted by kiddwill58

^^^^ wutchu mean kobe pe r gonna be genral releases like da kobe huarache 4 110 instead of 250
ohwell.gif

newbee? J/K HOH only sell player editions we only wont see these colorwayz again, thos kobes in purple are CRACK!!!!
ohwell.gif
.. oh well.... I guess I will just look at the pics then...

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by kiddwill58

^^^^ wutchu mean kobe pe r gonna be genral releases like da kobe huarache 4 110 instead of 250
ohwell.gif

newbee? J/K HOH only sell player editions we only wont see these colorwayz again, thos kobes in purple are CRACK!!!!
ohwell.gif
.. oh well.... I guess I will just look at the pics then...

yea i know i feel the same way Ru

Originally Posted by ucjb2

This is essentialy how the house of hoops works unless you have a relationship with one of the employees.

They say they do not have set release dates for their PE's, and they are given a date or "call" by a higher up and told either the day of or the day before the release.

Unless you visit the store 6 days a week you are unlikely to ever get anything, because there are resellers and people who operate sneaker websites that are in their all the time waiting for the next release. They never release anything on Sundays.

Calling for or asking the employees about release information usualy does you no good. Its not worth the time.

For instance, Friday morning customers and callers were told that the Hyperdunks woudl release Saturday and their was no set time on Saturday for them to relase.

So an individual could have been in the store Friday morning, been told they were releasing Saturday, left and found out that Nike "changed their minds" and released them Friday afternoon.

Someone coudl have called or gone to the store Monday-Tuesday on the week they released the Sharkleys and been told that they were not coming till next week, when infact they may have already had them, or they arrived the next day.

Basicly for everyone who complains about missing out and living so far away, your dealing with alot less frustration than people who actualy live here and get all sorts of misinformation about releases.

I cannot say for certain if they employees truly dont know and Nike controls this, or if they keep the information very quiet to avoid chaos, but essentaily it all means what I said......

If your not a hound that goes in 5-6 days a week looking to get shoes, or you dont get very very lucky, you are likely to miss out on any release that would have value to the resellers.

You can be from the bronx, queens, downtown, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, it just doesnt matter. If you not in Harlem on the regular youre going to miss out.

24 pairs of Hyperdunks ended up in the hands of far less than 24 people. Capitalism baby.
Prove it.

Originally Posted by smoothkicks90

Prove it.

He doesn't have to, the comments of others confirm it.
It's not like one person coming up with a bunch of rumors about how badly the operationis run. If that were the case, tons of people would be coming in to deny that and falsify it. Instead, people are coming in and their posts either support,or don't conflict with what he said.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Originally Posted by smoothkicks90

Prove it.

He doesn't have to, the comments of others confirm it.
It's not like one person coming up with a bunch of rumors about how badly the operation is run. If that were the case, tons of people would be coming in to deny that and falsify it. Instead, people are coming in and their posts either support, or don't conflict with what he said.
Its not what you "know".

Back
Top Bottom