Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Herro and Olynyk. Future building block and another expiring for salary cap relief or for more assets. I believe Exum is also a 9.1M expiring too.

All in all, I do like the trade. It's probably the best we could have gotten but with time to think about it, it wasn't a home run like I initially thought.

The 2021 Nets and 2022 1st rounder from the Bucks are completely useless unless it's some gems late in the draft. Will just end up being super late first rounders that are guaranteed contracts.

They also got 2 expiring in Dipo and Exum, which honestly seems like cost-cutting moves given Tilman's history and what you basically traded Allen and Levert for.

Even if Dipo plays well and we want to make him part of our future, we're still a fringe playoff team. Would rather just tank if I'm being honest. Go ahead and hurry up and trade PJ, House, and Gordon.

Stone did a great job though, all things considered. Excited to see what's coming next.

Last edited:
It's definitely. a good del, I hate that Harden ended up where he wanted to be. I was hoping he ended up where strip clubs are illegal :rofl: ( I know I'm being petty, but who cares).

Harden is trash for the way he handled this and treated his teammates.

Westbrook appalled by

Boogie's already blowing the whistle on him, even more. After Harden threw a ball at Jae’Sean Tate.
(Only been here, like here like what a month for both) At some point noone is going to what to play with him. Ariza and WB wanted out because of his attitude, and commitment. He's know gone through Howard, CP, Capela, & WB, and these guys all talk once the Nets implode. Not too many players will want to play with him again. He's been such a child about the whole thing. Yanks for the memories Harden but good riddance at this point.

My guy Wood needs to get on that Giannis workout program. As much as a gem as he is, he’d be even better with more strength.

Love the overall energy and movement. Guys seem to be really playing with some fire.

There’s no doubt that was the most fun and interesting Rockets game of the season. Guys were flying around and playing with tons of energy. They never gave up and continued the scratch and claw even when they got a deficit. Wood and Brown hitting those big shots were so key. Need to use that to string some wins together. Good rotation use by Silas as well, cause even with some mistakes, the extra stretch of playing time for Cousins paid off, along with Mason and KJ bringing stuff in early.

There’s no doubt that was the most fun and interesting Rockets game of the season. Guys were flying around and playing with tons of energy. They never gave up and continued the scratch and claw even when they got a deficit. Wood and Brown hitting those big shots were so key. Need to use that to string some wins together. Good rotation use by Silas as well, cause even with some mistakes, the extra stretch of playing time for Cousins paid off, along with Mason and KJ bringing stuff in early.

It really feels like this is the best team chemistry (now that Harden is gone) the Rockets have had in a while. Just need to bring back the ultimate chemistry guy already.
981ad2ab2bee1d46b95614dcde02f477 (1).jpg
usa_today_10855087.0.jpg

These guys really seem like they enjoy playing together. It's great to watch, even if we win or lose.

It really feels like this is the best team chemistry (now that Harden is gone) the Rockets have had in a while. Just need to bring back the ultimate chemistry guy already.
981ad2ab2bee1d46b95614dcde02f477 (1).jpg
usa_today_10855087.0.jpg

These guys really seem like they enjoy playing together. It's great to watch, even if we win or lose.

Def wish there was a spot for Green here.

Last edited:
Ended the game on a 13-6 run after this. I hope he gets his payday from another team.

He deserves it all that he does, problem is his age. Tilman/Rockets kinda punked him though. He won't get it here, I don't think he'll even finish the season here. I really think he's the next to get traded.

I don't know the Rockets have been really good at trading guys where they'd like to be (Morey mainly), but Stone is looking like he picked up that trait from him too. PJ being in his final year should make him easy to move, and so far Stone hasn't shown me he's the type of GM trade PJ for scraps. We could get a high caliber player for him even, if someone is justvlooking to dump salary. They'll probably hold onto him until the deadline, and try and get the best possible deal... unless something falls in their lap. I'd say 29 teams, would all have a legit interest in PJ.

PJ will not at all be a guy traded for a second round pick in 2027 :lol: he’s valuable especially for contending type teams, but even lower teams would be willing to be him if they think he’ll consistently be like how he was last night

2296952A-3148-440C-89D8-803936536233.jpeg

in the upcoming draft we get the 2nd best pick between OKC/MIA/BKN or our own. Likely ends up being our own pick as Miami and BKN likely finish higher than us. We need Portland to make the playoffs so we get their first.

1610733843919.png

we also have the following TPE's to acquire "bad contracts" + assets. Example of how that theoretically could work:

Herro's not getting moved but at the same time Pat might think getting PJ and Oladipo is more upside in the short term and back to the finals.

Although the ending was a mess, I appreciate Harden for what he done in the eight years he was here.

Now it’s time to sit back and watch this team develop and draft/sign potential studs.

I can never appreciate a quitter who was given everything and in those 8 years what did he really do for the squad? It's not like he made it to the finals and lost multiple times. It was all regular season self accolades. It's not like he made a small market team a big time market team and took them to the next level either. Shaq said nothing but facts yesterday on TNT.

Ready for the next chapter and draft picks w/ the rebuild :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom