Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

I can never appreciate a quitter who was given everything and in those 8 years what did he really do for the squad? It's not like he made it to the finals and lost multiple times. It was all regular season self accolades. It's not like he made a small market team a big time market team and took them to the next level either. Shaq said nothing but facts yesterday on TNT.

Ready for the next chapter and draft picks w/ the rebuild :pimp:

can't appreciate the 2nd best player in franchise history because the team didn't win a championship but also excited to go into a 5 year rebuild.

make it make sense.

Herro's not getting moved but at the same time Pat might think getting PJ and Oladipo is more upside in the short term and back to the finals.

I can never appreciate a quitter who was given everything and in those 8 years what did he really do for the squad? It's not like he made it to the finals and lost multiple times. It was all regular season self accolades. It's not like he made a small market team a big time market team and took them to the next level either. Shaq said nothing but facts yesterday on TNT.

Ready for the next chapter and draft picks w/ the rebuild :pimp:

He did give us some good memories can't take that away, but a lot of those memories were killed with the way he acted at the end.

Shaq spoke facts. Truth hurts for some. I will take nothing away from what he did during the regular season. Time to move on now.

How can you not appreciate the 2nd best player in franchise history? Do you appreciate T-Mac and Yao Ming? Harden did more than any player not named Hakeem

Difference in attitude turned a lot of people off... Yao or even Tmac wouldn't have just blown off training camp for Vegas. I mean look at Russ (requested a trade quietly) then he was quietly gone, and hardly noone said a word about him requesting a trade. They barely even talked about it on the radio. I'll always appreciate the memories from Harden, but I'm no longer a Harden fan in the least. I remember the season we traded for him his first 2 games he scored like 37, then 45 the next game. The third game I was at (first home game) he only scored like 25, but my uncle was with me and we both talked about how this dude was FOR REAL. I was at a couple of games he dropped 50+ (even one 50pt triple double vs Lakers I think), and 1 game of 61pts vs the Spurs. I remember the 60/10/11 triple double he dropped on the Magic, and watched him score 30+ pts 32 games in a row. I'm sure there's more incredible things he did, but those are what stand out in my memory.

Edit: Dude was either one of the biggest superstar chokers ever, or he just didn't care when playoffs started.

Wish There was a way to rescue Zach Lavine and Lauri Markkanen. If I thought Chicago was stupid enough to take EG, House, and Clemons, I’d love that lol

Speculation is that Caris either didn’t pass his physical or it raised enough red flags for Houston/Indy to be concerned. Deal, in theory, could be in jeopardy.

Speculation is that Caris either didn’t pass his physical or it raised enough red flags for Houston/Indy to be concerned. Deal, in theory, could be in jeopardy.

Nah Levert and Dipo is basically a separate deal. Nets threw in more cash and I think a second rounder.

Will be glad when everybody gets back. Applaud the effort for another 8-9 guy lineup out of necessity, but they can’t have anymore for a sustained amount of time like that. Ideally, you want to still make the playoffs and out on a good showing while still being able to be flexible. The one thing saving them right now is so many teams clustered together.

Nah Levert and Dipo is basically a separate deal. Nets threw in more cash and I think a second rounder.

Will be glad when everybody gets back. Applaud the effort for another 8-9 guy lineup out of necessity, but they can’t have anymore for a sustained amount of time like that. Ideally, you want to still make the playoffs and out on a good showing while still being able to be flexible. The one thing saving them right now is so many teams clustered together.

it wasn’t originally. It was supposed to be a 3 team, then we do Levert for Dipo separately. It was expanded to 4with Brooklyn sending Caris and money to Indy

team competed, but didn’t have a chance missing Wall, Dipo, Gordon, and Boogie. This team might have a high defensive ceiling but they have to rebound better.

Great effort from the team. It got ugly the last 5 minutes of the game but at least we split the 2 games. Looking forward to the Chicago game with oladipo and wall back hopefully.

Mason Jones :pimp:

i read that EG is closer than Wall is. Didn't seem like Wall would play monday. Hopefully it's just precautionary.

T-Mac quit in that infamous Raptors game but everyone conveniently forgets it :lol:

Harden did what was necessary to finally get moved. Both sides pretty much got what they wanted, he just had to speed up the timeline because we were being stubborn.

Rockets always first, but I'll be rooting for James to win, especially this year since their pick won't even really matter. They can implode after this year though :pimp:

Mason Jones a bucket :pimp: was doing some of that in college too.
Cool to see Tate handle the ball well the game before tonight - that role was actually how I remembered his game in college.

Can't wait to move EG. Make Mase our backup PG

From half the article I’ve been able to read, the MDA and Morey leaving were pretty much the reasoning for his trade demand because they were guys he was comfortable with. AKA allowed him to do as he pleased.

Westbrook citing the culture and wanting a more strict/militaristic atmosphere where ppl are held accountable, isn’t surprising. CP3 was pretty much saying the same thing.

Silas with the 4s on :pimp:

I think oladipo will do well here. Do y’all think he will be moved at the deadline or extended?

I just think it depends on how well they’re doing. If he’s doing well but they’re losing, they’ll more than likely trade him as his value will be high and it’ll allow them to still be flexible with other moves

PJ basically feels like me when I had to stay an extra year in college, I was just ready to get it over with since so many of my other friends had either graduated already or transfer before hand. I’ll be glad when both PJ and Eric Gordon are on the block. Gordon just simply needs to play better and the power forward position here needs some more athleticism in that spot.

gordon has been really good driving the ball but he's been atrocious shooting the 3 this season. I feel like I've been saying for years that we're misusing him by just making him a spot up shooter and that he's better suited as a slasher, but those options weren't really viable in morey's world.

Back
Top Bottom