Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

I like the Dekker pic paired with Harrell more than just the Dekker pick

Last edited:
dekker and harrell kinda make it look like Pap and Jones are expendable. if the rockets are sold on trading to add a point guard, here's some names that make the salaries work: george hill, avery bradley, isiah thomas, brandon jennings, darren collison, jarrett jack.

On scoring alone I'd like Thomas along with him being young. His current contract if i remember correctly is :x Avery Bradley would be very good defensively, and really seems like he's a better Pat Bev. Jack is hit or miss. Would be automatic 2 years ago, but I don't know about now. I've seen way too many gaffs by Jennings and Hill, and we don't need any of that than we already have. And then there's Colliison who's just sort of there. Prett much a safe choice I guess.

Last edited:
I like the Seller pic paired with Harrell more than just the Dekker pick

Yeah me too...Dekker's not a bad pick but he's Chandler Parsons at best. I think he'll spend more time in the D-leauge than at the end of the Rockets bench next year. Harrell is very intriguing, at the very least he's an upgrade over Dorsey. Yet another bad free throw shooter but he's super athletic and should be a solid rebounder and defender. I like Capela a little better than him right now but he has the size and strength Capela lacks.

not sold on Harrell yet, but not down/out on him. He's explosive, but far from "super athletic" imo. Plays below the rim verticality wise, but looks like an athlete because of length, motor, bursts of explosiveness

If he can't score, defend. rebound (at least 2 of these will have to be consistently happening together) at a very high rate, I'm not sure what the hell we're doing. I'm still optimistic about his upside, but I'll be pissed if we just drafted another Joey Dorsey.

I like Dekker's all around skillset/versatility a lot, just gonna be where he fits.

Gonna be interesting to see where Pap, TJones, Bev, Brew, Josh will be....will add some understanding around our selections

I legit wanted Jerian Grant, D. Wright, or Tyus. With a 6'5" Russell now on the lakers and 6'5" Mudiay to the Nugs, the Western Conference point guard situation just got that much more sick :x

aint mad at snagging Christian Wood. I also wanted to give a guy like Cliff Alexander a summer/DLeague look if it were possible. Aaron Harrison (shooter) wouldn't have been a bad look. You can't get everybody, ha. There are bodies out there though.

laugh.gif

6'-10" 215lbs :lol: :lol:

:lol: I may catch flack for this, but I think we should try to mold dude into a guy that can play 3-5. He's gone on record having said he wants to mold his game after KD and Giannis. Not sure if he'll be athletic/all around skilled enough to play 3 or strong enough to play post, but I heavily mess with a progressive/non-traditional school thought in that regard

it looks like LMA is going to the spurs. if this is the case, our roster looks like this right now

??????
Harden
Ariza/Dekker/Papanikalou
DMo/Jones/Harrell
Dwight/Capela

we can resign bev and and sign Llull, give a vet minimum to smith? but that's what that looks like.

spurs need to clear some room to get LMA comfortably, and if he's set on going there i think we should help them and take Patty Mills of their hands. I think Mills for Papanikalou helps both sides. (in case beverly or Llull doesn't work out) solid backup. If we do match Beverley then use MLE on Llull, we have barely any money to offer brewer smith or mcdaniels.

just some thoughts for now

we just need a healthy Dmo and a three point sniper who can defend as well.. Don't mind rolling with same lineup like last year plus Bev and Dmo

Back
Top Bottom