Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

I'm glad this isn't a year where we're cleaning out our roster for a big name. We really just need moderate upgrades (whether personsl or guys just playing better) and be set. I'm just hoping that's what happens and it isn't ignored for speculation. PG, backup center, and PF, 2 of the 3 included in the bench. Hopefully Capela continues to develop like he has been doing.

Llull announces he's staying in Spain. He's the roster as is.

Beverly(RFA)/Johnson/Prigioni
Harden/McDaniels
Ariza/Dekker/Papanikalou
DMo/Jones/Harrell
Dwight/Capela/Dorsey

I'm not sure how the MLE money works just yet. I know it's available for teams operating above the cap which we will be. I'm going to look into that.

Nice going Llull.

Dorsey and Prig can't be on this roster going forward. Appreciate what Prig did do for us, but him and Dorsey need to be packaged and sent somewhere.

Backup plan Rubio now? I wouldn't mind. I think he needs a change of scenery

@Thedocrocket: Blah! #LMA already knows! TOR/NYK are filler. He'll say it 2nite or 2morrow. SAorHOU. HOU chances still at 75-85%
IDK SA%. PHX has no %.

And P.S. All hail Morey.

Subpar 3s getting superstar max money and Ariza over here with his 8 million a year that declines every year.

Harden/LMA/Howard would beast 
pimp.gif

Who else would be on the team though :lol:? LMA/Howard/Harden sounds great, but based on the money, they would be similar to the Bron/Bosh/Wade Heat when they had Mike Bibby and Carlos Arroyo :lol:

@Thedocrocket: Blah! #LMA already knows! TOR/NYK are filler. He'll say it 2nite or 2morrow. SAorHOU. HOU chances still at 75-85%
IDK SA%. PHX has no %.

And P.S. All hail Morey.

Subpar 3s getting superstar max money and Ariza over here with his 8 million a year that declines every year.

Rubio is the worst shooter ever. No thanks.

IDK SA%. PHX has no %.

And P.S. All hail Morey.

overrated too

IDK SA%. PHX has no %.

And P.S. All hail Morey.

I've always been puzzled when I'd hear people in the NBA thread say Rubio is a good defender. Seriously, they'd keep stressing his defense, yet I've never seen him play any semblance of defense. A couple steals here and there does not equate to stout defense.

Based on what I'm reading around, we resign all of our guys, then use Pap and Jones to trade and upgrade somewhere. Maybe PG? Most likely. Then fill the roster with vet minimum contracts. Charlie Villanueva would be nice to pick up. Deadeye 3 point shooter.

Also, if Beverley signs with another team for 8-10 million and we don't want to match we can threaten to match and work a sign and trade with that team.

Also, if Beverley signs with another team for 8-10 million and we don't want to match we can threaten to match and work a sign and trade with that team.

no doubt. im concerned Morey's "reputation" (willing to let a guy walk/active in FA at all times) may affect that. but maybe drafting a SF/PF will convince teams that we'll need to address PG most in FA and give us some bargaining power to pull a S/T.

I just hope we don't "reach" for an upgrade.

Can we get Jerian Grant in a trade w/ the Knicks? ha. ( i hear they are interested in Bev)

no doubt. im concerned Morey's "reputation" (willing to let a guy walk/active in FA at all times) may affect that. but maybe drafting a SF/PF will convince teams that we'll need to address PG most in FA and give us some bargaining power to pull a S/T.

I just hope we don't "reach" for an upgrade.

Can we get Jerian Grant in a trade w/ the Knicks? ha. ( i hear they are interested in Bev)

it's possible...we'd just have to take back jose calderon too :lol:

Can we just go ahead and fast forward to next years playoffs?

Cause that's all that really matters :lol:

You know what, that would be perfect :lol: idc about taking back Calderon with we'd get Grant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom