Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

technically, we can still sign and trade for aldridge, keeping bev brewer ariza howard dmo capela and mcdaniels.

So like i mentioned, a sign and trade for LMA is plausible if he chooses us. we'd send Papanikalou, Jones, Prigioni, Johnson, Terry and picks for LMA. Papanikalou has a non guaranteed contract, same for prigioni. Terry would get thrown in for contract reasons. then we'd still have the MLE
Potentially

Beverley/ ___________
Harden/Brewer
Ariza/McDaniels/Dekker
LMA/DMo/Smith
Dwight/Capela

we might end up needing to give them DMo too, but coming off back surgery and acquiring LMA, DMo is expendable.

All this is IF aldridge wants to come to Houston, and IF portland wants to play ball.

If that happened, it would be Beverley and Jeremy Lin again :lol:

meh, i wouldn't oppose if it meant LMA was coming. could also be leandro barbosa, cory joseph, could be rodney stuckey still.

i just thank morey for having us in this position with options

I'm glad he picked the Spurs.

no you're not.

anyways.

S&T for Rodney Stuckey. Send over Papanikalou.
under contract:

Stuckey/Beverley/Johnson/Prigioni
Harden/Brewer
Ariza/Dekker
DMo/Jones/Harrell
Dwight/Capela

still would have MLE to use on McDaniels and Smith or someone else if they chose. could still trade Jones, Prigioni, and sign and trade terry for someone although he would be added with a high dollar figure to match so we'd lose a pick sending him somewhere.

the spurs might need to renounce cory joseph or trade patty mills. both could be options for houston as well.

I'll take a deeper team over adding a 3rd max contract.

We won so many games last year when the bench squad decided to go nuts.

I'll take a deeper team over adding a 3rd max contract.

We won so many games last year when the bench squad decided to go nuts.

we could've had both.

Beverley/Johnson
Harden/Brewer
Ariza/Dekker/McDaniels
LMA/DMo/Smith
Dwight/Capela

**** good signing for spurs.. everybody knew he was signing there 
laugh.gif

I think we would've given up either Dmo/Capela for Aldridge but o well, a moot point now...

Now that backup pg? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm happy that they're bringing back basically the same roster who made it the WCF with key injuries.

This team still needs a second playmaker off the bounce and while lawson could provide that he's not worth trading away a ton of assets.
I'd prefer Darren Collison if Sac makes him available given their signing of Rondo. I just think Lawson's lack of outside shooting ability wouldn't fit well with this team.

Simply the mentioning of Wilson Chandler makes me fall asleep. Not sure what he would bring that we couldn't get from a combo of other guys. I do think that Jones and Pap should be on the trading block at this point, just not sure for who. That PG upgrade is necessary.

I'm happy that they're bringing back basically the same roster who made it the WCF with key injuries.

This team still needs a second playmaker off the bounce and while lawson could provide that he's not worth trading away a ton of assets.
I'd prefer Darren Collison if Sac makes him available given their signing of Rondo. I just think Lawson's lack of outside shooting ability wouldn't fit well with this team.

Ditto. Lawson isn't worth trading 4 guys for, unless i's guys not in your rotation anyway, which would mean Pap, Dorsey, Johnson and then Jones from the big money.

Welp, no Corey Joseph as he's set to head to Toronto. Brandon Jennings may be available cause of the Reggie Jackson deal.....idk

lawson, collison are both still available. we have a lot of options but it kind of depends on what josh smith does

Back
Top Bottom