How concerned should I be right now? Vol. Doggie got shots

My dog got a couple shots earlier today and all day he seemed like he was in a great deal of pain. Barely moving and not very responsive. He is a little over 1 years old and has had shots before, but never reacted like this.

A few minutes ago I started hearing him breathing really hard and I'm pretty worried something might be wrong. His breathing is very fast pace, similar to if he had just ran a bunch. Doesn't like he is sleeping at all.

Any help or advice?

BTW, it was a rabies shot. After doing a lil research it seems like rabies shots aren't that safe.

View media item 392066

Last edited:
Aw **** man look at lil homie

But yo should call up to one of those animal hospitals and if they know what's going on
Or take him there before its all bad

My dog was in pain a couple of days ago cus he hurt his back at like 1am, i rushed over to an emergency vet. They charged me a lot but i couldnt risk losing my dog. I hope you took him to one or hes feeling better.

That feel when you see your dog in pain :frown:

It's totally normal for dogs to have some muscle pain and be lethargic after getting vaccinated.

dem shots for doggies hurt them a lot and it's normal for them to squeal a bit for a day or two.  breathing harder though?  i dunno..where'd he get the shot?

on another note, your doggie looks like a proper little sir!  what kinda dog is it?

take him back to a animal doctor. theyre are no experts here. help ease the dogs agony and pain and place him in the right hands

Last edited:
Go to the vet, not nt.

the vet was not open at 1 am when i made the post...

anyways, ended up talking to our local pet provider this morning and he said the fast breathing was a reaction to the muscle pain where the shot was given.

sky (the dog) seems to be doing a lot better after he woke up. a little slow moving but no fast breathing. thanks everyone for the compliments and for whoever asked, he is a maltese.

the vet was not open at 1 am when i made the post...

anyways, ended up talking to our local pet provider this morning and he said the fast breathing was a reaction to the muscle pain where the shot was given.

sky (the dog) seems to be doing a lot better after he woke up. a little slow moving but no fast breathing. thanks everyone for the compliments and for whoever asked, he is a maltese.
oh good, glad he's okay 
smokin.gif

oh and you need to get him a top hat!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom