How Do I Become THIS Good At Street Fighter?

Equaztion wrote:
Unadulterated Madness
roll.gif

eek.gif

��

Originally Posted by NDZTRUCKT

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Where's NDSTRUKT?

He used to come through with old school SF tournament memories of meeting the person that discovered Guile's handcuff and invisible throw.

He's probably the most accomplished SF tournament player on NT (at least he was 4 years ago).
I'm still here. Street Fighter II Championship Hyper Edition (and all of the previous SF II release prior) was where I was on top of my game. Needless to say, this was yeeaarrrsss ago. As much as I'd hate to admit, I'm God awful rusty now. But don't test me ... I still got it. Best believe it.

For all my bay area heads that were actively involved in Street Fighter tournament from the 1991 to 1997 era, I'm sure I've crossed paths with yall. I have been heavily involved with Street Fighter since I was in 7th grade (1988) 'till about early 1998 when I somewhat called it quits. I still get the urge at times and get my game on once in a while but it is definitely not the same. I firmly believe that the hardcore Street Fighter players and tournaments was at it's peak during the '92 to late '96. It has significantly gone downhill since. Not to take away any credit from the OGs like myself who are still heavily involved in the scene but I was making Dhalsim appear and re-appear, doing Guile's Air Throw 'till the round was over, beat your top tier character with E. Honda, and precisely annihilate you with M. Bison before Shoryuken even came in the picture. Scrubs back then did not have any chance. That was how serious SF was baaaaccccckkkk in the days. Street Fighter was my first love and I'm proud to say that all (YES, ALL) similar fighting games today stemmed from Street Fighter. It certainly does not get the credit it truly deserves.

...But.... to this very day .... SF II Championship Hyper Edition is and will always be the best SF series ever. Seriously. The mechanics alone, being that it is probably the only glitch free SF produced to this day, is enough to top the rest. Additionally, it did not include the fancy power-up meters like majority of the SF series that followed. Thus, you had to beat your opponent with pure skill and flawless timing. Then you start to perfectly develop "mind games" and superb "set-up moves" which is the ultimate difference between a good SF player vs. a great SF player. This to me was what got me hooked for so many years in the game.

I'm not gonna lie, I am and will always play SF but it has not been seriously the same with the SF releases that followed SF II Hyper Fighting Edition. I would rather beat you skillfully fair and square rather than punk you in a glitch fest (i.e., SF Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and the rest of the series that followed there after).

For the record, I have not played or even touched SF IV. However, I have heard from very reliable sources that it is really IT. I'll reserve my judgement 'till I get to actually test and play it.

....more to follow....

I'm down to play you. Dave and Busters in Milpitis. I haven't played seriously since 2005. Let me know me bro!

OP, there's this thing called ggpo...think of it as a network of players like on xbl, but free, and w/ less lag, and better competition. there are a bunchagood 3s players as well as other games like super turbo and allll that. Try it out, you'll get so much better. YOu can d/l it at ggpo.net. You can find mein the Super Turbo room
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

Where's NDSTRUKT?

He used to come through with old school SF tournament memories of meeting the person that discovered Guile's handcuff and invisible throw.

He's probably the most accomplished SF tournament player on NT (at least he was 4 years ago).
I'm still here. Street Fighter II Championship Hyper Edition (and all of the previous SF II release prior) was where I was on top of my game. Needless to say, this was yeeaarrrsss ago. As much as I'd hate to admit, I'm God awful rusty now. But don't test me ... I still got it. Best believe it.

For all my bay area heads that were actively involved in Street Fighter tournament from the 1991 to 1997 era, I'm sure I've crossed paths with yall. I have been heavily involved with Street Fighter since I was in 7th grade (1988) 'till about early 1998 when I somewhat called it quits. I still get the urge at times and get my game on once in a while but it is definitely not the same. I firmly believe that the hardcore Street Fighter players and tournaments was at it's peak during the '92 to late '96. It has significantly gone downhill since. Not to take away any credit from the OGs like myself who are still heavily involved in the scene but I was making Dhalsim appear and re-appear, doing Guile's Air Throw 'till the round was over, beat your top tier character with E. Honda, and precisely annihilate you with M. Bison before Shoryuken even came in the picture. Scrubs back then did not have any chance. That was how serious SF was baaaaccccckkkk in the days. Street Fighter was my first love and I'm proud to say that all (YES, ALL) similar fighting games today stemmed from Street Fighter. It certainly does not get the credit it truly deserves.

...But.... to this very day .... SF II Championship Hyper Edition is and will always be the best SF series ever. Seriously. The mechanics alone, being that it is probably the only glitch free SF produced to this day, is enough to top the rest. Additionally, it did not include the fancy power-up meters like majority of the SF series that followed. Thus, you had to beat your opponent with pure skill and flawless timing. Then you start to perfectly develop "mind games" and superb "set-up moves" which is the ultimate difference between a good SF player vs. a great SF player. This to me was what got me hooked for so many years in the game.

I'm not gonna lie, I am and will always play SF but it has not been seriously the same with the SF releases that followed SF II Hyper Fighting Edition. I would rather beat you skillfully fair and square rather than punk you in a glitch fest (i.e., SF Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and the rest of the series that followed there after).

For the record, I have not played or even touched SF IV. However, I have heard from very reliable sources that it is really IT. I'll reserve my judgement 'till I get to actually test and play it.

....more to follow....

I'm down to play you. Dave and Busters in Milpitis. I haven't played seriously since 2005. Let me know me bro!
You got it. The last time I stopped by D&B a little over 3 months ago, they had the ultracade machine with the SF II Hyper Fighting collectingdust in a little corner close to where you claim your prize. I remember when D&B first dropped this ultacade at least 4 years ago now, it was surrounded bynumerous cats just waitin' to get in line to play. I brought it even old school back then and placed a token against the screen, awaiting for my turn. Justlike the good o'le days.....

But yeah ... haven't hit up D&B for a good minute. I'm always down! Let me know...

Where's NDSTRUKT?

....more to follow....

You got it. The last time I stopped by D&B a little over 3 months ago, they had the ultracade machine with the SF II Hyper Fighting collecting dust in a little corner close to where you claim your prize. I remember when D&B first dropped this ultacade at least 4 years ago now, it was surrounded by numerous cats just waitin' to get in line to play. I brought it even old school back then and placed a token against the screen, awaiting for my turn. Just like the good o'le days.....

But yeah ... haven't hit up D&B for a good minute. I'm always down! Let me know...
Cool...I used to play every weekend at D&B. I played guile, and I was the dude to beat for a minute. Then the crowds stopped coming, and sodid I? Who do you play? Back then I was bald, short dark filipino dude hehe.

I'm Filipino as well and by the looks of how you describe yourself, we definitely ran into each other already. There was this cat that really brought it tome back when I was playing there all the time and also rocked Jordans like myself. Short, dark, and bald too. Don't know if this was you. But anyhow, Iplay every character but Ryu is my dude. I would sometimes bring out my Chun Li and Sagat but my heater definitely goes out to Ryu....

I'm Filipino as well and by the looks of how you describe yourself, we definitely ran into each other already. There was this cat that really brought it to me back when I was playing there all the time and also rocked Jordans like myself. Short, dark, and bald too. Don't know if this was you. But anyhow, I play every character but Ryu is my dude. I would sometimes bring out my Chun Li and Sagat but my heater definitely goes out to Ryu....
Oh wow
laugh.gif
that sounds like it could be me, I used to rockjays hard back then too lol. I think I remember you correct me if I'm wrong, I think you're n inch shorter than me, used to come with your girl andhad a you had a fade? If not, there was this one cat who played Ryu (I think balrog or sagat too) was schooling fools haha...is that you? There was also anemployee mixed black dude who played Sagat, this brotha that played blanka I used to see all the time.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

anyone play 3rd strike or ST on GGPO? super street fighter 2 turbo is by far my fav. fighting game... here's the hori stick i own. copped it cheap in Japan, but planning on selling it.
pict0460pu8.jpg

pict0459jh9.jpg

Damn, I wish u had posted that sooner...I would've bought yours...I swear I just bought the same one online yesterday. Got taxed for like $150....beforetax.
smh.gif

eek.gif

I don't play Street Fighter, but I didn't even know that was possible, dude blocked the whole combo move.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I'm Filipino as well and by the looks of how you describe yourself, we definitely ran into each other already. There was this cat that really brought it to me back when I was playing there all the time and also rocked Jordans like myself. Short, dark, and bald too. Don't know if this was you. But anyhow, I play every character but Ryu is my dude. I would sometimes bring out my Chun Li and Sagat but my heater definitely goes out to Ryu....
Oh wow
laugh.gif
that sounds like it could be me, I used to rock jays hard back then too lol. I think I remember you correct me if I'm wrong, I think you're n inch shorter than me, used to come with your girl and had a you had a fade? If not, there was this one cat who played Ryu (I think balrog or sagat too) was schooling fools haha...is that you? There was also an employee mixed black dude who played Sagat, this brotha that played blanka I used to see all the time.

No that was not me, but I'm pretty sure we're both referring to the same cat. When you mentioned dude was always with his girl then that'sdefinitely him and yes, he'll throw in his balrog once in a while along with this Sagat. We're definitely talkin 'bout the same cat. That dude andI used to get into major series playin'. I clearly remember one Saturday where the entire crowd just watched us duke it out. I came on top 20 games out ofthe 33 games we played. I clearly remember that night since it was my b-day. I ran into that dude a few more times when I went back there but the scene wasslowly fading away until everyone stopped playing it.

If we run into each other, I'm sure you'll remember me especially since you said you played this pretty much every weekend back then. The mostmemorable D&B Street Fighter moment for me was on a Friday night. I assumed everyone knew that D&B was the spot for Street Fighter and I ran into allthe old school Sunnyvale Golfland Heads who were all there. We straight brought it back like how it was back in the days. I'm sure you're familiar withGolfland SF scene back then and that night was like how it was back then. Even the regular from Keystone Arcade was present that night......

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Equaztion wrote:
Unadulterated Madness
roll.gif

that video made me feel tingly like i was watchin some championship game down the stretch with a few seconds on the clock
laugh.gif
man, dude is clutch like MJ. Even if you can parry the SUPER on a normal day, dude did that in� a Tournament with a crowd yelling and screaming.
eek.gif
And he had the nerve to bust out his own combo and finish him.

that was pretty damn awesome.

Man I used to love street fighter. Never as good as some of yall in here or in those vids, but the game was just fun for a kid...

I will never forget my boy's 10th birthday. He got street fighter for super nintendo. They threw a birthday party for him but all the kids were upstairs inhis room playing street fighter while the adults were down stairs drinking and having a good time. I think by the time we turned the game of the vs record was150 to 175....

We played way too much that night.

Memories.

Back
Top Bottom