How do you feel about the term "culture vulture"?

Nah. I mean she'll use migos popularity to boost a song but they are essentially doing the same thing. They're using each other for their personal gains. Katy isn't exclusively singing r&b songs or stealing styles

You can be into whatever you want but the minute you start to PROFIT (as an outsider), that is when the label CV comes. So any white person into black life is not a CV, but if they get a paycheck because of it, I would give them the label.

If I go to Japan and become the biggest Japanese Wrestling Blogger in the country, I would be considered a CV. I ain't one of them but I am coming into their space and making money off of their stuff. But that doesn't mean my heart can't HONESTLY be into the product, it just means, "I AIN'T ONE OF THEM."
I don't think it's as simple as that. If from the start, the sole purpose is to profit, then yeah I would agree with you.

I wouldn't consider you a CV in your example if you were truly passionate about it. A paycheck means nothing. That's just me though.

Supposedly she's a lesbian now. [emoji]128580[/emoji]

I'm sure she still handles the occasional sausage.

You can be into whatever you want but the minute you start to PROFIT (as an outsider), that is when the label CV comes. So any white person into black life is not a CV, but if they get a paycheck because of it, I would give them the label.

If I go to Japan and become the biggest Japanese Wrestling Blogger in the country, I would be considered a CV. I ain't one of them but I am coming into their space and making money off of their stuff. But that doesn't mean my heart can't HONESTLY be into the product, it just means, "I AIN'T ONE OF THEM."
What if you're white but, grew up in the hood and you and your boys became a rap group and started profiting?

Or another scenario where you're black and grew up in a white neighborhood and you and your boys started a country music group?

Last edited:
I don't think profit has as much to do with it as you being phony about it. For example a girl that starts a twitch channel and becomes a booby streamer and gets tons of followers but she's just doing it as a career and doesn't actually like games. That's a vulture.

If I genuinely love anime and start a black guy anime blog, I don't see that as me stealing the culture

I don't think that Yesjulz chick is genuine. She was just a rando party Miami chick that got butt implants and an IG, then put on then started hosting parties and being "down". If she was genuine, she wouldn't be doing half the questionable ish she does now. She'd be aware

Last edited:
Do some of ya'll know what a vulture is or does, both the bird and the person? I doubt it with these simple *** definitions and anecdotes ya'll are coming up with. If you want to call yourself a vulture for traveling somewhere, then admiring that culture enough to write about it go right ahead, but don't lump everyone into that.

1.a large bird of prey with the head and neck more or less bare of feathers, feeding chiefly on carrion and reputed to gather with others in anticipation of the death of a sick or injured animal or person.
2.a contemptible person who preys on or exploits others.
synonyms: predator, shark, vampire, bloodsucker, profiteer, racketeer, opportunist, extortionist
"these ambulance chasers are vultures"

Do some of ya'll know what a vulture is or does, both the bird and the person? I doubt it with these simple *** definitions and anecdotes ya'll are coming up with. If you want to call yourself a vulture for traveling somewhere, then admiring that culture enough to write about it go right ahead, but don't lump everyone into that.

1.a large bird of prey with the head and neck more or less bare of feathers, feeding chiefly on carrion and reputed to gather with others in anticipation of the death of a sick or injured animal or person.
2.a contemptible person who preys on or exploits others.
synonyms: predator, shark, vampire, bloodsucker, profiteer, racketeer, opportunist, extortionist
"these ambulance chasers are vultures"

lol you talking about NTers here. If it sound cool and enough other NTers say it, they'll echo it. ESPECIALLY if it's negative rather than positive. Easiest thing to do

Wait a minute 
laugh.gif

That's the same girl in the 2nd photo? 

Yep shorty went from a skinny white girl too literally looking like a Mexican chick, than a black girl, then a Kardashian.... she's a full transformer b

I feel bad giving it light because looking at her insta it's almost like she's savoring at the mouth to get called out on Twitter and watch as her follower count explodes. On the other hand i'm really interested in the mindstate that's behind this.

On one hand we have always talked about how "Beauty" was shaped by the media to be skinny, tall, white & blonde. & now we have girls who have those features altering everything they can to look like black women, it's such an odd place where at.

Last edited:
LMAOOOO wow she looks like a darker version of Jennifer Freeman :lol: these chicks truly look up to the Kardashians, siphoning various things of black culture and pretending they don't know what they're doing

My point is they made good music while paying homage. What made them corny?

If you were around during the 90s pretend you don't know the lyrics to at least one Digital Underground track.

Yeah, and I thought the nose was corny.

Pretending Shock G and Humpty Hump were different people was corny.

It was corny. Who cares if parliament did it before. Wearing glasses, dressing weird and wearing a nose was corny, and it's a big reason Digital Underground only get mentioned because Tupac came from them.
Oh me oh my https://t.co/xKECpHz9Vh

Akademiks

Culture (Chi) vulture?

****!!! :lol:, no filter

I don't even know what the guy was trying to say. Like you can't clown wack *** Chicago rappers because people die in the streets?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom