How do you feel about the term "culture vulture"?

I'm good. If you think Kool Keith didn't put a wig on and a costume and Zev Love X wears a metal gladiator mask with glasses on the outside as MF DOOM or Bobby Digital coming up with a super weed story as to how he transformed, then either you're unaware or being intellectually dishonest.

And as far as Parliament:

During a contractual dispute with Revilot, Clinton temporarily lost the rights to the name "The Parliaments", and signed the ensemble to Westbound Records as Funkadelic, which Clinton positioned as a funk-rock band featuring the five touring musicians with the five Parliaments singers as uncredited guests. With Funkadelic as a recording and touring entity in its own right, in 1970 Clinton relaunched the singing group, now known as Parliament, at first featuring the same ten members. Clinton was now the leader of two different acts, Parliament and Funkadelic, which featured the same members but were marketed as creating two different types of funk.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliament_(band)

Kool Keith did the same thing. He's talked about it in interviews. We Tang did something similar.

I feel like I'm talking to a recording :lol: You're a broken record. Well it's ok if someone is corny, because someone did the corny act before them. If someone else does it, it can't be corny? That's your argument, right?

All of them had niche audiences and fanbases.

Again, I don't care what Parliament did, or why they did it. A grown *** man in a ****** diaper is corny. A grown *** man in a fake nose is corny. They did most of their antics for shock value and attention. Period. Some of which were corny. No matter who does it, it's corny.

Humpty Hump was corny and eliminates your appeal because it turns off a lot of the audience. That's the reason why they're underrated and don't receive the respect they deserve. Most notably Shock as a musician and producer.

I'm not trying to sway you. I'm simply saying I disagree. I'm not a broken record because I'm citing different examples every time of why I don't find it corny. I equate your view to someone that stopped liking Andre 3000's music due to his many outlandish outfits or Common's crochet era. If a person's opinion of art is based on the way the artist dresses, that to me is a little silly.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to sway you. I'm simply saying I disagree. I'm not a broken record because I'm citing different examples every time of why I don't find it corny. I equate your view to someone that stopped liking Andre 3000's music due to his many outlandish outfits or Common's crochet era. If a person's opinion of art is based on the way the artist dresses, that to me is a little silly.

You seem to have a comprehension problem.

lol my initial response to the title was "hmmmm.....if it offends you, you're prolly a vulture"

the main point most people miss about "culture vultures"

is that

the vulture makes a profit off of features of a culture they are foreign to, which actual members of that culture do not have access to...

FOR EXAMPLE

black girls wearing braids is considered unprofessional

while

white girls wearing braids is the new hot trend.

black girls can't get paid

white girls can.

all this who is real and who is authentic **** has nothing to do with the REAL issue....

if its black its wrong

if its white its amazing.

lol @ white people firing back

BUT WHAT ABOUT WHEN BLACK GIRLS WEAR INDIAN JEWELRY OR NATIVE AMERICAN HEADDRESSES

sorry, ******, we not making it socially unacceptable for indians or native americans to practice their own culture, THEN steal it and say it's the new hot trend.

only yall do that.

CAUSE YOUVE GOT NO SOUL

YACUB

BUT WHAT ABOUT WHEN BLACK GIRLS WEAR INDIAN JEWELRY OR NATIVE AMERICAN HEADDRESSES

sorry, ******, we not making it socially unacceptable for indians or native americans to practice their own culture, THEN steal it and say it's the new hot trend.

only yall do that.

CAUSE YOUVE GOT NO SOUL

YACUB
laugh.gif

the main point most people miss about "culture vultures"

is that

the vulture makes a profit off of features of a culture they are foreign to, which actual members of that culture do not have access to...

FOR EXAMPLE

black girls wearing braids is considered unprofessional

while

white girls wearing braids is the new hot trend.

black girls can't get paid

white girls can.

all this who is real and who is authentic **** has nothing to do with the REAL issue....

if its black its wrong

if its white its amazing.

only yall do that.

CAUSE YOUVE GOT NO SOUL

YACUB

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm morever gonna think About the Bodega Boys anytime i hear that word lol

So now that Rachel Dolwhateva has popped back up on the scene does anyone think we're gonna have more people claiming to be trans-racial? this is a serious question. how long until we have a rapper start off as white & feel he's so intuned with the culture that they turn themselves black? it's 2017 and the way this is going i got til the end of the summer :lol:

So now that Rachel Dolwhateva has popped back up on the scene does anyone think we're gonna have more people claiming to be trans-racial? this is a serious question. how long until we have a rapper start off as white & feel he's so intuned with the culture that they turn themselves black? it's 2017 and the way this is going i got til the end of the summer :lol:

I put 6ft in my twitter bio. I'm actually 5'8", but if I keep telling myself otherwise and get offended if people don't see me as 6ft, she could probably do the same. I am officially trans-measurement.

I put 6ft in my twitter bio. I'm actually 5'8", but if I keep telling myself otherwise and get offended if people don't see me as 6ft, she could probably do the same. I am officially trans-measurement.

This **** is hilarious but also something i could totally see happening right now. "How dare someone tell me the truth and deny my feelings"

Cyrus catchin heat on da interwebs

Miley Cyrus is preparing to release her first major label studio album since the 2013 hit Bangerz. Speaking with Billboard ahead of the release of the still untitled album's single "Malibu," Cyrus discussed her "rootsy" new music and claimed that she's backed away "a little" from listening to hip-hop due to some of its lyrical subject matter.

Asked by John Norris about the "singer-songwriter-y" vibe of her new album and whether folk singer Melanie Safka (who performed with Cyrus on her Backyard Sessions web series in 2015) had any influence, Cyrus said she did. "But I also love that new Kendrick [Lamar] song ["Humble"]: 'Show me somethin' natural like *** with some stretch marks,'" Cyrus said. "I love that because it's not 'Come sit on my ****, suck on my ****.' I can't listen to that anymore."

Cyrus added: "That's what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much 'Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my ****'—I am so not that." Cyrus' comments on hip-hop have been met with criticism reminiscent of the original claims of appropriation lodged against her work on Bangerz:

In the Billboard interview, Cyrus also addressed the initial controversy surrounding her Bangerz era, including the criticism she received for using black backup dancers at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. "That became a thing, where people said I was taking advantage of black culture, and with [Bangerz collaborator] Mike [WiLL Made-It]—what the ****?" Cyrus said. "That wasn't true. Those were the dancers I liked!"

Didn't Chuck D make them battle LONS for the name? He had a bunch of names on a board and both crews wanted it? That's what Busta Rhymes said on Ice T's Final Level podcast. LONS got their name from Chuck D too. If Chuck stamped them I'll let them live.

Last edited:
Didn't Chuck D make them battle LONS for the name? He had a bunch of names on a board and both crews wanted it? That's what Busta Rhymes said on Ice T's Final Level podcast. LONS got their name from Chuck D too. If Chuck stamped them I'll let them live.

I'm not 100% sure of all of the details but they were basically "vouched for" by PE (they did the answer record to Madonna when she jacked PE) and The Bomb Squad.

Name is still reckless IMO.

I have a hard time believing they beat LONS in a battle. They not even ******* with Dinco :lol:

Last edited:
**** Miley Cyrus.

We all saw this coming though :lol:.

Her foray into what she thought was "black/hip hop culture" was her rebellious stage....and "slumming" stage. Privileged white people do this.....then grow up, leave it......and talk down on said culture and places they appropriated.

Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: OTG
**** Miley Cyrus.

Her foray into what she thought was "black/hip hop culture" was her rebellious stage....and "slumming" stage. Privileged white people do this.....then grow up, leave it......and talk down on said culture and places they appropriated.

Rinse and repeat.

Crazy thing is it backfired for her. She could've been close to Taylor Swift status had she had not done all that ****. She had pop hits.

Crazy thing is it backfired for her. She could've been close to Taylor Swift status had she had not done all that ****. She had pop hits.

Oh no....it will pay off big time.

She will go onto Ellen or something....explain how she's grown and matured. Apologize for "acting out". And be in the good graces of white america again.

Look for a Miley top 5 single in about 2 weeks.

Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: OTG
Kinda hilarious how ppl called this literally right when she started wilding out :lol: NT be on it some times

**** Miley Cyrus.

Rinse and repeat.

Oh it's not just the privileged white kids. When I was in high school, all the working class white folk wanted to hang with the black kids, wear baggy clothes, had all the new rap songs, then the minute high school ended they were on Facebook calling Obama all types of racist names.

I already know what it is with them.

Back
Top Bottom