How Do You Feel About This Picture

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

bush or not those towers were going to attacked, I bet my life savings on that

I make it a point to never quote Senor Lucas, but he is right!

As many problems as there have been because of religion, a would without religion would probably be worse - not to mention if there was no religion to create "problems", chances are another aspect of life would be creating problems instead and we'd be sitting here saying "imagine a world without ______"

bkroc915 wrote:
2ufepw8.jpg

Interested to see if this makes people think, or if it offends a lot of people. 

Well without religion, after the Roman empire falls there would be Catholic church to spread literacy to Northern Europe. That would mean no flowering of medieval town life and none of the banking and stock exchanges which under gridded the industrial revolution. Without the Industrial revolution, there would be no steel sky scrappers and no financial districts to necessitate building such a massive building in lower Manhattan.

Furthermore, without Islam to bring paper making technology and algebra and Arabic numerals to Europe, there would have been no commercial revolutions. Without their bring Aristotle and Plato back to Europe, there would be no Universities, which educated the engineers who designed the building and no legal and financial professionals to fill it.

I see exactly where you are going with this. 

BTW, I am agnostic but I am tired of people parroting anti religious sentiments. It is neither chic nor rebellious in America of 2010 to denounce organized religion.

Back
Top Bottom