How do you respond to Road Rage

Did they chill out once they saw you were a woman? A man pulling a gun on a woman is cowardly on sooo many levels.

yeah. It happened twice in va when I was younger. I drove a Scion tC with 5% tint. One guy actually swerved right in front of me slammed on the break and hopped out. Not going to lie i was very dumb and also carrying myself so I was ready for the action. When I got out he was like you’re lucky you’re a female or your man wasn’t driving 🙄 and he tucked it and got on.

mind you this is after he cut me off like twice And kept revving his engine at me. I guess he was trying to get me to race smh. Oh and he was driving a m3. So probably one of you guys. Smh

Where I come from road rage ins't as much of a thing. Probably because we simultaneously have the strictest gun laws and the highest highway shooting rate in the nation. If getting from A to B is worth that much to you, then go ahead and "non-verbally" engage that random NPC who didn't signal, or honked at you "meanly".

Where I come from road rage ins't as much of a thing. Probably because we simultaneously have the strictest gun laws and the highest highway shooting rate in the nation.

Make it make sense please.

How can road rage not be a thing where you're from when you simultaneously have the highest highway shooting rate?

An

I took that chip off my shoulder a long time ago. I haven’t had a road rage incident in a very long time.

One thing I never understand is why people in other states will honk, tailgate, and flash high beams towards slower drivers in their lanes. In NY when there’s a slow driver in the left lane, we tend to just pass them on the middle or right lane and keep it moving, where in other states people expect the slow driver to move for them. Weird.

Not worth engaging.

I try to live walking distance to work and entertainment to avoid a lot of it.

A younger me would always get caught up raging over the dumbest ****, even as an adult I have to stop myself, road rage is every easy to get caught up in, but when you really think about it, IS JUST NOT WORTH IT...you have no idea who the other person is or what they are capable of or what state of mind they are in....just keep it moving....swallow your pride

To add, you see a douchebag swerving through traffic and cutting you off or riding your *** with a pick up truck, just get out they way and let them go on about their miserable life, pick up truck drivers are the absolute worst people on the road.

OP, as a person who doesnt do dumb **** but has a short temper on the road, and can be sorta petty, id advise not to do **** like that.

the **** that goes through my mind when drivers cut me off, tailgate, honk when im letting a woman with a child cross, etc is **** from horror movies.

but i never act on it and never follow anyone. My life too damn valuable to be lost over dumb ****.

OP next time let it roll and take a deep breathe.

Not exactly road rage.... but when i anticipate someone is going to overtake me by swinging out into the on coming traffic lane, I speed up to put the squeeze on them.

Just be the bigger person and ignore their foolishness. That situation in Orange County earlier this year where some lady flipped off a guy who cut her off and the guy ended up shooting at her car and killing her 6 year old son is a prime reason why it’s best to not even engage these idiots. You don’t know who is behind the wheel in the other car or who is in the car with them.

If you’re strapped yourself and you get some crazy person who follows you home or tries to do some reckless stuff over an unintentional accident on your end and they’re the aggressor. I don’t see anything wrong with protecting yourself in that situation if you’ve done everything on your end to diffuse the situation from further escalating.

Usually like this
796C2B9C-8B2C-472B-BAC7-289C8CA7F1A6.gif

Reminds me of a few years back where I stopped at a light that was yellow and about to turn red. Dude behind me started laying on his horn then started punching the steering wheel and yelling to himself in the car. I started laughing and I guess he could see me so he got even more pissed and started pointing at me and yelling something at me.

At this point I realize dude is completely unhinged, so I stop and ignore him. As soon as the light turned green he sped around me and cut in front to brake check me.

I just fell back and took a different road home. Not trying to get stabbed over some nonsense. :lol:

Having said that, for those looking to push someone’s buttons on the road I always found the thumbs up to be exponentially more effective than the middle finger. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom