How fast can you run a mile?

i did about a 6 min mile in high school
no way i can do that now though 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

i was a sprinter in hs but my best mile was like 5:45, i HATE longer distance running (a mile isn't too long but still) i get so bored. so i just decided i would shadow the fastest person in my class in order to get a good time. nowadays i could prob do it in the mid 6's i haven't ran competitively for a few yrs i still hit the treadmill tho

Depending on the terrain, running surface, weather conditions, and footwear...about a week.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Proper stretching and better running shoes if you're running on cement daily. Proper shoes make all the difference, a cheap pair of shoes that doesn't absorb shock and repetitive force against your joints will bog down your run and leave you sore. Nike hands down make the best running shoes. Make sure your shoes have durability, light weight, cushioning, absorbent and responsiveness, the shoe has to contour with your foot.

Running in basketball shoes, boots, old sneakers etc are a fail before you even start. 
You started off well but even most of this site doesn't believe that Nike make the best running shoes - you're much better off with Asics or Brooks or something like that.
For real
laugh.gif
 Nike track shoes are good, but the running/trail shoes are 
sick.gif

New Balance would also be good, more compact than Asics & Brooks.
Oh, yeah forgot about them - that's what I'm wearing right now and they're great.

with all the fastfood appreciation threads on nt. its no suprise most of yall are slow as hell.

Best I've ever ran was 6:15, that was last summer.

I generally hover around 9-10 min miles when running distance.

Back
Top Bottom