How fast can you run a mile?

20 minutes probably. Im a slim dude but ive never done it so id probably pull a hammy

Got damn my high school sucked. They never timed us on this stuff.

What the hell @ these times
eek.gif

I thought I was doin it with like 13 minutes.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

What the hell @ these times
eek.gif

I thought I was doin it with like 16 minutes.
30t6p3b.gif
It's the internet bro, don't believe none of this stuff. It's like the weight lifting threads that would get posted in S&T, every dude would be claiming to push twice their body weight and #+*+ 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

20 minutes probably. Im a slim dude but ive never done it so id probably pull a hammy

Got damn my high school sucked. They never timed us on this stuff.

You never had the Presidental Fitness Challenge?  From what I can remember, it was the mile, sit and reach, and shuttle...kinda like a kiddie version of the combine
laugh.gif

My fastest mile I ran was 6:45 in HS...now, I'm slow as *%#+
laugh.gif
  I love to run...but I go at a nice LEISUERLY pace....somewhere between 8-9 min per mile.  I'm old hahahahha

I can run a mile in about 5:10, but I used to run cross country and still run right now (as a college athlete). I'm still happy about an 11:45 for 2 miles earlier this year.

absolutely terrible..in the 8-9 range maybe 
laugh.gif
? but that isn't full sprinting, jogging really.. so I guess I'm not qualified to give an answer yet.

while we're on the topic of running, can someone suggest some good stretches or exercises for my shins/calves?

i have really bad shins i guess and the pain starts to become excruciating halfway into my run..it could also be a combination of how i run too..proper form
nerd.gif
??

i haven't gone my fastest running a mile in a long time. the last time i tried i got about 6:30. I run half marathons at about an 8 minute pace.

Talbert

If you don't run often, 6-8 is good. If you do run often, you should be getting under 6 with ease.

5:47 last I checked.

However I'm marathon training again (since beginning of Jan) and we do speedwork in a few weeks. Will check back then, will include pics of my Garmin if you need
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Proper stretching and better running shoes if you're running on cement daily. Proper shoes make all the difference, a cheap pair of shoes that doesn't absorb shock and repetitive force against your joints will bog down your run and leave you sore. Nike hands down make the best running shoes. Make sure your shoes have durability, light weight, cushioning, absorbent and responsiveness, the shoe has to contour with your foot.

Running in basketball shoes, boots, old sneakers etc are a fail before you even start. 
You started off well but even most of this site doesn't believe that Nike make the best running shoes - you're much better off with Asics or Brooks or something like that.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Proper stretching and better running shoes if you're running on cement daily. Proper shoes make all the difference, a cheap pair of shoes that doesn't absorb shock and repetitive force against your joints will bog down your run and leave you sore. Nike hands down make the best running shoes. Make sure your shoes have durability, light weight, cushioning, absorbent and responsiveness, the shoe has to contour with your foot.

Running in basketball shoes, boots, old sneakers etc are a fail before you even start. 
You started off well but even most of this site doesn't believe that Nike make the best running shoes - you're much better off with Asics or Brooks or something like that.
For real
laugh.gif
 Nike track shoes are good, but the running/trail shoes are 
sick.gif

New Balance would also be good, more compact than Asics & Brooks.

just took a pt test...ran my first mile at 5:38...but ended up with a 2 mile time of 12:58....

damn colorado elevation got me lol....

and it's not really much about being fat or not when it comes to running...yeha it may be harder for some but it comes down to <3 ( YES HEART)

we gotta medic in my unit who is pushing 240ish...running 2 miles in the 13:00-14:00 range....

even gives me a run for the money sometimes....

you just gotta push yourself!!!!!!!!!

today at 24, I could probably crank out a mile in a good 16 minutes.
laugh.gif

in high school i could do a 11 - 12 min mile.

and this is coming from a dude that ran track, played varsity basketball and baseball.

it's always made me feel unhealthy and not right since i'm a natually slim and ex-athletic dude
but i've never had the wind capacity for long distance running, i guess.
frown.gif

In May I'm going to be running a half marathon.  13.1 miles.  Never saw myself as a runner but it's a goal I want to accomplish.  Plus, I get a nice medal when I finish which I will be wearing that whole week 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

and it's not really much about being fat or not when it comes to running...yeha it may be harder for some but it comes down to <3 ( YES HEART)

QFT.
I can't sprint nor run a full lap - mile for %#%* but would smoke most dudes in a 100 - 400 meter dash.

Back
Top Bottom