How fast is your PC ? overclockers !

Originally Posted by wadewilson

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I have no Idea how to over clock and I doubt I can untill I change out of this temporary case I got for school and get a aftermarket fan

http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16811147151

I just need to add more ram and upgrade this 4850 1 gb
you can push 4.6 just change your multiplier an Vcore

teach me how because I know everything but overclocking

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Can someone walk me (us) through how to do this. I want my pc to be a beast.

What kind of computer do you have? Is it a prebuilt? Enthusiast level? Custom? 9 times out of 10 you wont be able to do it.

I haven't overclocked in years. My last one was an Athlon XP 1700 (around 1.53 Ghz) @ 2.2 Ghz on air. Back then that was amazing but the things you can dowith CPUs nowadays with little to no effort is crazy. I mean, unlocking cores/multipliers without soldering or a pencil?

I have no Idea how to over clock and I doubt I can untill I change out of this temporary case I got for school and get a aftermarket fan

Maybe this will be of some interest to you. http://www.hardocp.com/ar...750_overclocking_preview

Depending on how serious you want to get I'd say sign up to this message board. http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

if your pc is made by dell hp lenovo ect, 99.99% chance you cant overclock it because the bios locks the feature.
you will also need high quality parts to have a successful overclock, you cant just buy the cheapest motherboard and power supply and expect your pc tooverclock. chances are if you overclock with crappy parts you can even damage your comp. Overclocking also voids warranty, a very big turnoff imo. in the end,all it takes is research and patience, finding the perfect settings can take a week or more.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by B1acMan365

Intel Pentium IV; 2.8 GHz; 1 GB ram

It's fast for the most part but would any of you care to share an opinion on whether or not you'd upgrade?

dont even waste ur time and money upgrading a pentium 4
pentium 4s are pure garbage, even net books are faster than that
How about building one on my own?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

What kind of computer do you have? Is it a prebuilt? Enthusiast level? Custom? 9 times out of 10 you wont be able to do it.
Dell 2400
ohwell.gif
, prebuilt.

i5 750 + gigabyte p55ud3r = 190
4gb corsair ddr3 ram - 50
corsair tx750w psu - 50
asus gts 250 1gb - 70
1tb wd black hd - 60
sony optiarc dvd burner - 30
cooler master haf 922 - 60

total = 510

stock fans, stock cpu cooler

the computer runs too cold for me
laugh.gif
feels like a mini ac

need to learn how to overclock it and heat it up. i love black friday. first time buildin a computer btw
pimp.gif

just wanted to show off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

i5 750 + gigabyte p55ud3r = 190
4gb corsair ddr3 ram - 50
corsair tx750w psu - 50
asus gts 250 1gb - 70
1tb wd black hd - 60
sony optiarc dvd burner - 30
cooler master haf 922 - 60

total = 510

stock fans, stock cpu cooler

the computer runs too cold for me
laugh.gif
feels like a mini ac

need to learn how to overclock it and heat it up. i love black friday. first time buildin a computer btw
pimp.gif

just wanted to show off
laugh.gif
whoa where did you get those prices at???

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I haven't overclocked in years. My last one was an Athlon XP 1700 (around 1.53 Ghz) @ 2.2 Ghz on air. Back then that was amazing but the things you can do with CPUs nowadays with little to no effort is crazy. I mean, unlocking cores/multipliers without soldering or a pencil?

Maybe this will be of some interest to you. http://www.hardocp.com/ar...750_overclocking_preview

Depending on how serious you want to get I'd say sign up to this message board. http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

your MOBO comes with a CD theres an overclocking utility on it

My Biostar Mobo on my custom build (AMD Quad Core Phenom, 6gb of ram, W7, 850watt Azza psu, some random video card I pulled from our work computers I don'teven know the specs on) comes with an overclocking utility, but I don't know enough about OC to really want to bother plus like dude said, it's notnecessary.

I rarely have to wait for anything, with the exception of loading when it comes to my internet speed, but obviously that's independent of CPU andcomponents.

But if anybody has a Frys nearby, they had a deal for the i7 CPUs + motherboard for like 279 and 4gb ddr3 ram for just 40$ more. They always have ridiculousdeals, but never on their website. Speaking of which, I need a new ATX case. The thumb screws on this AZZA are getting stripped and the side panel always fallsoff

honestly, if you have a quad core or a fast dual core, u dont need to upgrade anything, computers are plenty fast these days
unless you run programs such as autocad or number crunchers that require speed and precision, there is no point in upgrading
if you are a pc gamer, upgrading the video card is more significant than upgrading the cpu.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

My Biostar Mobo on my custom build (AMD Quad Core Phenom, 6gb of ram, W7, 850watt Azza psu, some random video card I pulled from our work computers I don't even know the specs on) comes with an overclocking utility, but I don't know enough about OC to really want to bother plus like dude said, it's not necessary.

I rarely have to wait for anything, with the exception of loading when it comes to my internet speed, but obviously that's independent of CPU and components.

But if anybody has a Frys nearby, they had a deal for the i7 CPUs + motherboard for like 279 and 4gb ddr3 ram for just 40$ more. They always have ridiculous deals, but never on their website. Speaking of which, I need a new ATX case. The thumb screws on this AZZA are getting stripped and the side panel always falls off
I've never even seen a Frys
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom