How Formal (or bohemian) is your job?

Out of the two extremes i'd definitely prefer the kumbaya, fake "we're a family" **** to the arrogant maga ****. I swear old white people address the world like it only includes old white people. Ideally it's somewhere in between, stoic, leave me the **** alone and let me do my **** for the most part but wouldn't mind some good events every now and then. I don't want to feel pressured into participating in your dance lip sync thing, but when there's natural fun to be had i'm in. Or get blacklisted for not agreeing with your political views.
stoic personas are funny as fuh.. it’s like a challenge to me to try and rapport build and buddy buddy with em at work. i’m cool with everyone and their mamas.. ageism is a big thing nowadays.. old folks hate young ones and vice versa

Been thinking about starting a Staffing agency teaching/implementing more empath/trainings on how to get along with colleagues yet putting people into the workforce .. anyone run or manage a staffing agency??

I got two homies at work that I ride motorcycles with other than that I don’t hang out with any of them.

I’m not a d bag and my co workers aren’t either. I just don’t care. I’ll be there less than 3 years anyways and I’ll quit. I get bored doing the same job.

i like a couple of the foreman and crews and hate all the job supervisors. I actually got one so mad he went crying to the owner about me. :lol: owner told him to fly a kite now he hates me even more.

At this point I have one person at my job that I would consider to be an actual friend.

I can't say I have any actual enemies, but definitely some people I like less than others. Everyone else is just kind of there. We can chat about work, but I have no interest investing any further in these people.

One of the unintended benefits of having abysmal morale at work is that nobody entertains the extracurriculars anymore. No holiday parties, no secret santas, no outings, no nothing. Just do your job and go home.

Gained the most friends on the job at probably the worse one, it's like we bonded in pain. A bunch of 20s/30s folks that all hated their job and would do happy hours and all sorts of things together. Good times aside from the job part.

I got two homies at work that I ride motorcycles with other than that I don’t hang out with any of them.

I’m not a d bag and my co workers aren’t either. I just don’t care. I’ll be there less than 3 years anyways and I’ll quit. I get bored doing the same job.

i like a couple of the foreman and crews and hate all the job supervisors. I actually got one so mad he went crying to the owner about me. :lol: owner told him to fly a kite now he hates me even more.

Yea its not even that I don't like my coworkers. One of my favorite coworkers has been very supportive but I don't see a scenario where we would ever hang out. After a 10 hour shift she's busy with her kids and husband. A lot of us are in different places in life. But we hit each other up often just asking how things are going or if we got enough sleep. That's enough camaraderie for me. Push comes to shove if anyone gets sick or has a family emergency I will fill in for them and I have done so often.

Nah, I’m going to the work party, winning a couple prizes and smashing some steak and rolling out without taking to more than 10 people.

my job also rented out valley fair. It’s like 6 flags, I brought my wife and daughter and we had fun. Idk about everyone else I barely talked to them. :lol:

Yea its not even that I don't like my coworkers. One of my favorite coworkers has been very supportive but I don't see a scenario where we would ever hang out. After a 10 hour shift she's busy with her kids and husband. A lot of us are in different places in life. But we hit each other up often just asking how things are going or if we got enough sleep. That's enough camaraderie for me. Push comes to shove if anyone gets sick or has a family emergency I will fill in for them and I have done so often.

same with us. We all out our foot down this summer actually even the guys I don’t know like that had our backs.

when it’s important we’ll all work together. Union brotherhood **** and all that. :lol:

I don’t have any really close friends at work but I’d say i have some casual friends. People that I would hang out with socially outside of work but not people I would invite to any important life events

same with us. We all out our foot down this summer actually even the guys I don’t know like that had our backs.

when it’s important we’ll all work together. Union brotherhood **** and all that. :lol:
Man I miss being in a union. We just have crabs in a bucket at my job. :smh:

I'm so conditioned to looking out for my co-workers that I'm looked at funny for not being a rat at my current job. I once got a taking-to because I didn't report a minor, correctable error that happened on the previous shift to the manager and educator because "how is this person ever going to learn to not do that again?". Dawg they were coming back next shift. I was gonna pull them aside and tell them privately rather to save them from a sit-down with the higher-ups and the subsequent target on their back. How can you foster a culture of rats and squealers while at the same time try to push the bull**** "we're like a family here" narrative?

I’ll never be a rat like that. Union is the only way to roll in 2021 in America bro.

the company has the government. All the workers got is each other and the union.

Banker checking in. Formal in the culture sense, but dress code isn't too bad. Collar shirt and dress pants is a must. I see some more senior folks wear sneakers sometimes but I always rock the loafers personally.
This…and its 98% women.

I'm in the medical field, the concept of not being a rat is foreign to me. Everybody knows if you have a great paying job you snitch immediately.
That’s why you talk about goofy ideas and random stupid **** @ work. talking about people, events, politics will get you murked

why? The company needs you more than you need them.

This is true the problem is my group is not the only entity I have to answer to. My company doesn't want me to get sued or fired but sometimes it's not up to them.

And we aren't police, we know we have the power to inflict harm and death on human beings and we hold each other accountable. It behooves us to keep each other in check for the sake of patient safety.

I'm a little bit more lax with my colleagues with peer reviews except in instances of gross negligence resulting in death or disability.

Back
Top Bottom