How Good Can Derrick Rose Get?

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

Suffered like no one else for the past decade? I guess you've never heard of the LA Clippers.
laugh.gif

Knicks fans have suffered more this decade than anyone BY FAR. Maybe the Clippers have suffered the most as a franchise but no one suffered more than usthis decade. They were actually decent at one point whe have sucked non stop this whole decade.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

Suffered like no one else for the past decade? I guess you've never heard of the LA Clippers.
laugh.gif

Knicks fans have suffered more this decade than anyone BY FAR. Maybe the Clippers have suffered the most as a franchise but no one suffered more than us this decade. They were actually decent at one point whe have sucked non stop this whole decade.
the Clippers NOW actually have a great team; the reason they sucked this year was because of injuries; with a healthy Brand they are definitely aplayoff team in the West; or at least, they're in contention for a 6/7/8 spot.
the Knicks are just
sick.gif
, but i actually want to see the Knicks get back torespectability
smokin.gif
, warrior fans know slightly what it's like to havea team suck for so long with crappy mangement.

Rose will be nasty, but he's not the PG I want in the draft this year. I don't know why but i'm a huge Jerryd Bayless fan. I think Seattle issitting pretty with their pick. Bayless will be RAW.

Here are his weaknesses on the NBA Level.........

-shooting
-running a half-court set
-on ball defense

For some reason I want my starting PG to have those as strengths......He'll be good but I ain't sold on the Hall of Fame treatment yet. You guys soundlike the LeBron fans that been telling me LBJ WILL be better than Kobe every season. You can't give these kids everything wait til' they earn it.

Originally Posted by BbEAR017

Rose will be nasty, but he's not the PG I want in the draft this year. I don't know why but i'm a huge Jerryd Bayless fan. I think Seattle is sitting pretty with their pick. Bayless will be RAW.

Bayless isn't even a true PG. There is no way he will be better than Rose.

Before I get labeled a hater......even though it's probably too late....here's so good stuff I see in Rose

-All-Star athlete
-Great size
-Seems humble with good attitude to learn
-Unselfish and looks to create for others

BUT I got some questions for you Rose lovers.......

1. Where were the crazy dunks at Memphis? His AAU and HS highlights were
eek.gif
then son starts doing lay-ups in college.
2. The NBA is full of freakish athletes and grown men....what's he gonna do when the speed, size, and strength isn't his advantage and he has to think?
3. Wheres the work ethic? How much better has he got in the last 2 years? I'm not saying it's not there but haven't heard....fill me in.
4. Where's the passes that make you W
eek.gif
W? If you gonna compare him toKidd then I need so see some eyes in the back of ya head court vision. I've seen him throw good passes and the right pass but never a pin-point thread theneedle bullet.

Give me some answers!

DISCLAIMER: I really dig ALL of their games, and REALLY dig what they can do on D (which hasn't been the case in recent drafts). Don't take itpersonal, it's just My Thoughts:
Rose is a monster. No one quicker OR faster (maybe Montae, but I digress). Troubles in the half-court.
Mayo and Gordon can score from EVERYWHERE (barring wrist injuries). They are longer and stronger. But not PGs in the pros either.
Bayless would be on the undercard of a Rose-Gordon fight IMO.

eek.gif
College is a different game compared to hs and AAU ball. It's the next level. He's not going to get the same type of dunks and highlights offbigger, older, stronger, more experienced college kids. Yes he played in CUSA but it's Div. 1 ball.

2. The NBA is full of freakish athletes and grown men....what's he gonna do when the speed, size, and strength isn't his advantage and he has to think?
laugh.gif
Isn't that the question that surrounds ALL prosepcts? Buthe's a PG. When speed, size and strength isn't to your advantage as a PG, you rely on your intangibles aka skills.

3. Wheres the work ethic? How much better has he got in the last 2 years? I'm not saying it's not there but haven't heard....fill me in.
He's a quiet, humble kid. That's always a good sign he's willing to learn. Coach Cal instilled a dribble-drive motion offense and he pickedit up pretty quick. He's not as turnover prone as before and reads matchups and defenses better. In HS he would attack the lane and his athleticism bailedhim out almost all the time. But in college, he's shot more floaters and developed a mid-range game. Not to mention he overwhelmed the #1 PG in D.J.Augustin in the tourney.

eek.gif
W? If you gonna compare him toKidd then I need so see some eyes in the back of ya head court vision. I've seen him throw good passes and the right pass but never a pin-point thread theneedle bullet.
Like I mentioned, the offense isn't really geared for gaudy assist numbers. The dribble-drive, like the name says, requires putting the ball on thefloor. When Rose kicks it out, the first mentality wasn't to shoot the J, it was to put it on the floor. If Memphis had better outside shooters, hisassists would be higher. But I'd have to agree with you here. I haven't seen Rose really pick apart a defense with pin-point passing. I've seen thealley-oops and transition dimes, but yet to see the passes that make you go
sick.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Before I get labeled a hater......even though it's probably too late....here's so good stuff I see in Rose

-All-Star athlete
-Great size
-Seems humble with good attitude to learn
-Unselfish and looks to create for others

BUT I got some questions for you Rose lovers.......

eek.gif
eek.gif
W? If you gonna compare him to Kidd then I need so see some eyes in the back of ya head court vision. I've seen him throw good passes and the right pass but never a pin-point thread the needle bullet.

Give me some answers!
1) Did you not see the dunk he had in the final four v Texas where they gave it him on the two on three he took off outside of the box with two handthe defender jumped and went to swipe at the ball, he brought it down to his numbers and still dunked it with two hands

2) Name me a point guard as quick/fast/strong/athletic as he is? You Can't. He's going to be able to absorb much more than 95% of the pg's inthe L. Minus Chauncey, Deron, and Baron, and Kidd there isn't a more physical PG in the L and he'll be able to take everything they give him and giveit back.

3)The Jumper has gotten better as the yr progressed. He's become more patient which is actually odd considering how laid back he already is. He'slearned to let the game come to him as evident in the tourney

4) Like SA stated, they played a dribble drive style where they threw a lot of lobs. but his passing ability is definitely threre, I saw a few this yr whereI was like yea the kids got it. and thats not just hometown pride speaking. He's the best passing point guard I've seen in college since TJ its notabout being fancy either its about finding that person at the best possible time. And he really looks to distribute which is something most other in thisdraft dont necessarily do.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

i hope he falls off a motorcycle...

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
ok that was a low blow, but you cant blame me for being a little salty
mad.gif
mad.gif

I mean cmon first the Bulls beat us every year in the 90s than they rip us off and givve us the worst center in the NBA and in return they had our 2 lottery picks the past 2 years, and now they took a 3rd pick that should be ours.

I mean yall take everything from us. You guys just got Jordan and you still have a decent team and now you get Rose right on your lap while we have suffered like no one else for the past decade.

indifferent.gif
1159615.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

But yeah, you guys got us in 94. Forgot? Thank Hue Hollins.
mad.gif

I'm also guessing that you forgot about a certain New York team winning the Superbowl.
tongue.gif
Hopefully that eases your pain.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

i hope he falls off a motorcycle...

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
ok that was a low blow, but you cant blame me for being a little salty
mad.gif
mad.gif

I mean cmon first the Bulls beat us every year in the 90s than they rip us off and givve us the worst center in the NBA and in return they had our 2 lottery picks the past 2 years, and now they took a 3rd pick that should be ours.

I mean yall take everything from us. You guys just got Jordan and you still have a decent team and now you get Rose right on your lap while we have suffered like no one else for the past decade.

indifferent.gif
1159615.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

But yeah, you guys got us in 94. Forgot? Thank Hue Hollins.
mad.gif

I'm also guessing that you forgot about a certain New York team winning the Superbowl.
tongue.gif
Hopefully that eases your pain.
Ohhhhh Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! I'm extremely grateful for them doing that... I probably wouldn't have watched NFL again if the NE would'vewent 19-0... the slobbering would be unbareable
smh.gif

So the G Men are forever good in my book just for that... NOW The Knicks???????????????????
laugh.gif

The kid has great potential, but let him put in his work before we anoint him as the next great.

Being mentioned in the same breath as Deron Williams a few years from now will be a great accomplishment.

I see alot of Tony Parker in Rose except hes stronger more athletic (overall) and is mentally ready to deal with the rigors of the NBA. The Bulls need him morethan they need Beasley (cause hes a slow 3) but they have got to trade this pick. There is going to be problems if he is back here. Its better for him to go toMiami. but hes a bad fit there too cause he and Wade are the same player. Physically Durant cant handle a takeover role, Green isnt that type of player thatswhy I feel the best fit is Seattle. If your looking for Deron Williams, Chris Paul type numbers they aint finna happen consistantly, but if you can live withTony Parker numbers then hes worth the pick. On another note the 07 class aint winning a Rookie Challenge game.

Durant gonna get bigger over the years. He aint gonna stay at 90 lbs.

And Rose = parker?

I dont see that at all, can u explain?

Back
Top Bottom