How hard is it to steal *+%+ from university bookstore?

Discussion in 'General' started by sauuceking, Feb 18, 2009.

1. sauuceking

sauuceking

I ain't ususally like this, but I'm taking some wack elective Nutrition course and paid 200$ + tax for this thick text with all the trimmings (studyguides, online access codes). For some reason I think I either got screwed and didn't get an access code for the book's website or I threw it away byaccident. I emailed my prof as well as the book publisher and they are both telling me to take the L and purchase ANOTHER code for 40$ This got me kindaheated, how easy is it to just go to the bookstore, rip open the shrink wrap and jack another code. You think I have a good reason to be heated? They can atleast give me a discount....I'm sure the publisher has some kind of system to find out that I actually did purchase a book and did not redeem it, I thinkthey are jus tryna come up on me for some more cash thinking students are rich in this economy ... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. damnneardeadstock

damnneardeadstock

same thing happened to me. better start sellin your body. you can't get away with *#!! at bookstores [​IMG]

3. liljrdn

liljrdn

I don't know man. It looks like it's easy but be careful because the easier you think it is, the tougher it turns out to be.

4. socaking

socaking

always browse online first. Doesnt the code come within the book itself.

5. 13rownie

13rownie

some dude i know used to always steal form the book store freshman year
    but he only did it near the beginning of semester when the place was always busy....
    then again that was 4 years ago so i don't know about nowadays

6. obie21

obie21

i use to knw dude,who would steal us books too
    30 dollar books ftw

7. rellnye

rellnye

If its an elective just drop the course and sell the book/return it if the grace period is still open.

EDIT: Seeing that its this late in the semester (5th week) the university bookstore is going to ship all the unsold books back to the publisher.

8. sauuceking

sauuceking

I might just chalk up ANOTHER L this week (see UPS thread conning me out some more cash) and pay for another code online. Grace period is over...it's wackcause the course didn't use the website until like 7th week in [​IMG], if it was earlier I might've been able to find it in my garbage or go back to thebookstore and BS

9. armenexchange

armenexchange

haha duno bout ur school but our bookstore is like nazis. they hire like 10+ studetns to be spies to watch for thieves and lay it on em. surveillance andundercovers 24/7. lol

10. htownhooper31

htownhooper31

I don't condone stealing, but if you just need to take the access code out the book it doesn't sound like it would be that difficult.

11. princetonchaney

princetonchaney

yo... pm me the book title and ill have the university goon see what he can do...

12. seymore cake

seymore cake

13. crazy dav0

crazy dav0

u can try it ... but be prepared to get kicked out if caught

14. poohsfactory

poohsfactory

You'll get kicked out... i suggest hit up upperclassmen, holla at the shorties, network, put in work to get work

15. methedy24

methedy24

- "What you need? I got it![​IMG] Whatchu want, I could get it...!"[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jeyel

jeyel

i used to work at the campus bookstore.. you gotta be pretty slick.. theres too many cameras and students undercover working security..

we caught a lot of people and a majority of them .. it was their first offense and they didnt get kicked out.. they did get disciplinary probation for a yearand paid a fine though

17. mangudai954

mangudai954

You're a liar... I stole my books from the bookstore every yr starting from 2nd sems soph yr through my masters program. And it wasn't that I couldn't afford to buy them because I could. I just didn't agree with being ho'd. You buy a book brand new for 100cash, you return it they offer you 35-45cash for it (if they decide to bring it back) then turn around and sell it used for 65-70cash. So they've made 120-135 of that same book for two semesters. and you're out of 55-65....

Sorry but that wasn't my type of math. [​IMG][​IMG]

Feel ya.

18. georgehimself

georgehimself

Why don't you just go to the bookstore and tell them that it never came with one and you want to exchange it?

19. mr jordan04

mr jordan04

I've heard of people taking stuff but they have those lil metal stickers that are in some cd's and will set of the metal detectors, so look out forthat. Once I just needed the code too and I went and said "the code didn't work" and hoping they'd refund it but they just gave me another 1,which I sold.

20. geminifly

geminifly

My boy stole books from BCC every semester and he didnt even go to school!

Cats would just give him a list of their classes and he would scoop up all the textbooks and just walk out.
    Dudes would shoot him a few dollars for the trouble and it was a done deal.

I've never stolen a book myself tho, I just dont buy them.

21. toosexyfornt

toosexyfornt

I just got arrested yesterday from stealing from SDSU Bookstore. $12.35 in pens. SMH

++%% is no joke.