How hard is it to steal *+%+ from university bookstore?

I ain't ususally like this, but I'm taking some wack elective Nutrition course and paid 200$ + tax for this thick text with all the trimmings (studyguides, online access codes). For some reason I think I either got screwed and didn't get an access code for the book's website or I threw it away byaccident. I emailed my prof as well as the book publisher and they are both telling me to take the L and purchase ANOTHER code for 40$ This got me kindaheated, how easy is it to just go to the bookstore, rip open the shrink wrap and jack another code. You think I have a good reason to be heated? They can atleast give me a discount....I'm sure the publisher has some kind of system to find out that I actually did purchase a book and did not redeem it, I thinkthey are jus tryna come up on me for some more cash thinking students are rich in this economy ...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I don't know man. It looks like it's easy but be careful because the easier you think it is, the tougher it turns out to be.

some dude i know used to always steal form the book store freshman year
but he only did it near the beginning of semester when the place was always busy....
then again that was 4 years ago so i don't know about nowadays

If its an elective just drop the course and sell the book/return it if the grace period is still open.

EDIT: Seeing that its this late in the semester (5th week) the university bookstore is going to ship all the unsold books back to the publisher.

I might just chalk up ANOTHER L this week (see UPS thread conning me out some more cash) and pay for another code online. Grace period is over...it's wackcause the course didn't use the website until like 7th week in
laugh.gif
, if it was earlier I might've been able to find it in my garbage or go back to thebookstore and BS

haha duno bout ur school but our bookstore is like nazis. they hire like 10+ studetns to be spies to watch for thieves and lay it on em. surveillance andundercovers 24/7. lol

I don't condone stealing, but if you just need to take the access code out the book it doesn't sound like it would be that difficult.

damnneardeadstock wrote:

same thing happened to me. better start sellin your body. you can't get away with *#!! at bookstores
smh.gif

You're a liar... I stole my books from the bookstore every yr starting from 2nd sems soph yr through my masters program. And it wasn't that Icouldn't afford to buy them because I could. I just didn't agree with being ho'd. You buy a book brand new for 100cash, you return it they offeryou 35-45cash for it (if they decide to bring it back) then turn around and sell it used for 65-70cash. So they've made 120-135 of that same book for twosemesters. and you're out of 55-65....

Sorry but that wasn't my type of math.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

You'll get kicked out... i suggest hit up upperclassmen, holla at the shorties, network, put in work to get work

Originally Posted by Princetonchaney

yo... pm me the book title and ill have the university goon see what he can do...

- "What you need? I got it!
nerd.gif
Whatchu want, I could get it...!"
pimp.gif

mrtnhustle4.jpg

i used to work at the campus bookstore.. you gotta be pretty slick.. theres too many cameras and students undercover working security..

we caught a lot of people and a majority of them .. it was their first offense and they didnt get kicked out.. they did get disciplinary probation for a yearand paid a fine though

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

damnneardeadstock wrote:

same thing happened to me. better start sellin your body. you can't get away with *#!! at bookstores
smh.gif

You're a liar... I stole my books from the bookstore every yr starting from 2nd sems soph yr through my masters program. And it wasn't that I couldn't afford to buy them because I could. I just didn't agree with being ho'd. You buy a book brand new for 100cash, you return it they offer you 35-45cash for it (if they decide to bring it back) then turn around and sell it used for 65-70cash. So they've made 120-135 of that same book for two semesters. and you're out of 55-65....

Sorry but that wasn't my type of math.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Feel ya.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

I ain't ususally like this, but I'm taking some wack elective Nutrition course and paid 200$ + tax for this thick text with all the trimmings (study guides, online access codes). For some reason I think I either got screwed and didn't get an access code for the book's website or I threw it away by accident. I emailed my prof as well as the book publisher and they are both telling me to take the L and purchase ANOTHER code for 40$ This got me kinda heated, how easy is it to just go to the bookstore, rip open the shrink wrap and jack another code. You think I have a good reason to be heated? They can at least give me a discount....I'm sure the publisher has some kind of system to find out that I actually did purchase a book and did not redeem it, I think they are jus tryna come up on me for some more cash thinking students are rich in this economy ...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Why don't you just go to the bookstore and tell them that it never came with one and you want to exchange it?

I've heard of people taking stuff but they have those lil metal stickers that are in some cd's and will set of the metal detectors, so look out forthat. Once I just needed the code too and I went and said "the code didn't work" and hoping they'd refund it but they just gave me another 1,which I sold.

My boy stole books from BCC every semester and he didnt even go to school!

Cats would just give him a list of their classes and he would scoop up all the textbooks and just walk out.
Dudes would shoot him a few dollars for the trouble and it was a done deal.

I've never stolen a book myself tho, I just dont buy them.

Back
Top Bottom