How is Cam'ron not considered a Hip Hop Legend?

Originally Posted by BlackTh0ught

Cam is definitely top 50. Albeit he's in the bottom percentile.

http://www.epinions.com/content_4050296964

I don't agree with the order or some names on there, but I can easily add 50 more to it on top of that. Cam is a legend for what he was a part of andcontributed to, but as a rapper, there are/have been plenty of much, much, much better MC's out there.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

laugh.gif
... I was gonna come in here and say "No" but I wanted to see how this question could generate 8 pages of convo...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But come on... Cam's debut dropped in 98... How many other artists that debut that summer are relevant now?? He has gold and Platinum albums, Billboard Hits, an 11+ year career... in HIP HOP... Unlike legends of the late 80s and early/mid 90s Cam has been able to adjust to the landscape of hip hop, and to an extent play a role in changing it... Heatmakers + Diplomat soul samples... I mean their sound was deffinetly influential on other artists... How many legends have had a ligitimate career in hip hop for over 10 years of staying somewhat relevant?? There's really not that many...
Then there's another side of me that says, in order to be a LEGEND to have to take the game to the NEXT level...I don't know if I can really say Cam did that...
Legit reply....
but what do you mean when you say take the game to the next level?
Around the time the towers fell Rap changed a lot. Cam'ron was at his peak (of Fame) and he was a key player in making Roc-a-fella a Legendary Team
The whole Flashy hustler Rap was taken to another level and was being felt across the states.
How is that + all the other things said not enough?

When an artist reaches a point where its not only fans paying close attention to you, but its also other (good) artists, What Rakim, Kane, Slick Rick, KRS One were to late 80s hip hop... What Cube, Dre, Ice T were to the west coast in the late 80s/early 90s... These are cats that shaped the game... They set the pace and other cats jumped on, and made great music in the process... I can't really co-sign Cam making AMAZING music, But his catalog is better than... say Slick Rick... & He's deffinetly a legend... And he stayed musically relevant for about twice and long...

I would feel comfortable saying he is a Post BIG/Pac era Hip Hop Legend... Not sure if he is in the grand scheme of things... But @ the same time he's deffinetly one of the 50 Greatest IMO... So how can he not be a legend??...

This is tough... We'll prolly have to wait a few more years until we can have consensus conclusion...
indifferent.gif

Are you serious?

Slick Ricks 4 albums>>>any of Cam's 4 albums

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

7ef26883c8256eacc4180d8b54dd9be2ce5eea3e.gif

Good @%*@. Got me.
laugh.gif

Where's ninjahood though? Haven't seen homie post in a while...
laugh.gif

I thought she was Ninjahood too... somebody told me it was him
nerd.gif

I'm still offended at the Vince Carter comparison
smh.gif

I'd like to see this list of 100 rappers who are more legendary than Cam.

... I can't really co-sign Cam making AMAZING music
That's exactly how I feel. Which is where the basis of any argument regarding being a legend SHOULD start from. Most of you are givingirrelevant talking points as to why you feel Cam is a legend. At the end of the day his music catalog doesn't compare or even stack up to others certifiedlegends.

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

smh.gif

u and i both.
alg_carter-hurt.jpg

I get computers Putin...

If he died today best believe this ___ would have a big +#$ parade as if he was an icon like Biggie and Pac
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

smh.gif

There aren't 100 legendary rappers, period... which is part of the point

Originally Posted by Deuce King

... I can't really co-sign Cam making AMAZING music
That's exactly how I feel. Which is where the basis of any argument regarding being a legend SHOULD start from. Most of you are giving irrelevant talking points as to why you feel Cam is a legend. At the end of the day his music catalog doesn't compare or even stack up to others certified legends.

True.
Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

If he died today best believe this ___ would have a big +#$ parade as if he was an icon like Biggie and Pac
laugh.gif
False. People in Harlem would probably show out just to say they went to the funeral and show off a new 'fit but there are very few peoplethat would actually care on that level.

A hip hop legend? Just heard Cookies & Apple Juice.....you've got to be kidding me, right?

He'll never be a legend.....ever.

Originally Posted by rillo561

A hip hop legend? Just heard Cookies & Apple Juice.....you've got to be kidding me, right?

Rapper can't make club songs, that make females dance?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

7ef26883c8256eacc4180d8b54dd9be2ce5eea3e.gif

Good @%*@. Got me.
laugh.gif

Where's ninjahood though? Haven't seen homie post in a while...
laugh.gif

I thought she was Ninjahood too... somebody told me it was him
nerd.gif
I mean that's his girl...but I'm not gonna believe he didn't use her account sometimes. The mannerisms + threads posted in had methinkin' it was him...ain't no way shorty talks like ninjahood and posts in all the threads he would.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rillo561

And legends never make bad songs?

Back
Top Bottom