How Often Do You Strike Up A Convo With A Random Person?

My title is basically enough, but yeah how often do you strike up a conversation with a random person? You know come to think of it, I never strike upconvo's with random folks, not even my co workers. It's basically like, if I don't know you I'm going to keep it moving.

I really envy people that can just walk up to a random joe smo and just chop up a conversation, I can only do it when I'm piss drunk. I tried to do it oncewhen I wasn't drunk and I couldn't think of anything to say. It's weird because I can think of a million witty things to say on NT but I never sayhalf of the things I say here in real life.

-Jacob

Never. There are many times where I feel like it (like if it's a girl in my class I don't know), but I never get the guts to do that.

i actually got pretty good at just starting up convo's with random people but i still have trouble talking to girls. smh

im kind of the opposite... i say HORRIBLE things in real life that i'd never ever say here
laugh.gif

i pretty much can start a convo with anyone, but i'm one of the sane ones that knows the time and place. smh at guys and crazy people on the train
smh.gif

They gotta have no exit way so they gotta be stuck talking to me

and of course alcohol is always a good help

[color= rgb(153, 255, 255)]Everyday
You Can't Get Anywhere In Life Being Scared To Strangers
[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 255, 255)]Nothing To A Boss
pimp.gif
[/color]

Originally Posted by IrvKing

Everyday
You Can't Get Anywhere In Life Being Scared To Strangers

Nothing To A Boss
pimp.gif

pretty much. there's always convo to be had at the gym or work or just randomly.

All the time I talk to strangers. I sell to people I don't know... I'm an open person.

You'd like to hang out with me

no ayo.

to all ya'll conversationalists, how do you know what to talk about? i always fear the awkward silence

one question leads to another, try not to force it and think about what to say because that will cause you to say random and weird stuff.

Its hard to tell you how to strike a convo, because it all depends on the situation and where you are at. If you are at a store, you can mention something thatis in the presence that comes to your head. Or if you are in school you can ask about how she did on a test, simple stuff like that.

hardly. I have to care about you to just talk to you. I'm the type of person who feels like if you don't talk to /call me, then you don't want tospeak to me. I only engage in conversation with I feel comfortable with. Everyone else just has to catch me on a day I'm feeling really social(almostnever) if I'm going to randomly say a word to them.

Originally Posted by jplikejayz

to all ya'll conversationalists, how do you know what to talk about? i always fear the awkward silence

"how you doing?" goes a long way. it's that simple really.

I see where your coming from its hard too man. Im going through the same thing now and im in my 3rd year in college its so many girls out here that i wannatalk to but i dont know what to say so i just wait until im in the club and have had a couple of drinks. its sad but i sometimes feel dumb for not talking tothem cuz i know that its not always good to be so shy and plus im a quiet person but im trying to overcome this.

and dont think that i dont have girls cuz i do i only have girls from back at home and just a few that i run track with at my school in which im kinda forcedto talk to them cuz im always around the considering we have practice together everyday.

Originally Posted by an66eon

hardly. I have to care about you to just talk to you. I'm the type of person who feels like if you don't talk to /call me, then you don't want to speak to me.

I used to think like that, but then I realized that the other person is probably thinking the same thing so once you open communication, its all good fromthere on.

i never do this. if i dont know them then i probably dont care about their life. some of my coworkers talk to me sometimes but its like youre 40 + years oldand i do not care what went on in your life

and dont think that i dont have girls cuz i do i only have girls from back at home and just a few that i run track with at my school in which im kinda forced to talk to them cuz im always around the considering we have practice together everyday.

laugh.gif
at you coming back with that post clearing things up. I'm not a shy person, Ijust don't like to talk to people I don't care about.I'm an open person,too. I'll talk to you if you ask me questions, but they'll probablybe one word answers. I can express myself through writing,easily.

where's those brioni fit pics you promised?

but ya in hawaii, everyone talks to everyone else. unfortunately i don't live there.

How are ya?

What do you do?

Oh really? That's interesting. I do......

Ya I know what you mean.

There was this one time where...

Are you a sports fan?

It goes on. There are so many things to say. OMGosh... and if it were a cute girl, there's a whole 'nother topic you should start talking about. Butthat's for another thread.

There are very few times when I'll answer with 'never' or 'always', because the words are seldom true.

But I NEVER strike up a conversation with some random person... and to go further, it bugs the FIRE out of me when someone does it to me.

Two things.

#1- I'm not counting any sort of 'need' situation, like if my car was broke down and I'm at a gas station and I ask some dude getting gas wherethe nearest AutoZone is, or if my wife and I are out and we need to get to a hospital and we have no idea where it is, so I pull over and ask some dudejogging. I'm not talking about 'assistance' type situations.

#2- This is a COMPLETE... an absolute, 100%, COMPLETE... flip from how I used to be, say, 10 years ago. I used to be all outgoing and used to freaking talk topeople on the city bus ride home from HS ALL the TIME. Not now. I don't know why, but to paraphrase a quote I just heard from a preview for 'There WillBe Blood', "There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking... I see the worst in people."
ohwell.gif
Seriously, why the heck would I want to strike up a conversation with another selfish,insensitive, stubborn person dedicated to satisfying their own desires, numb to the people they have to take advantage of in their pursuit of happiness? Iwouldn't. So I don't.

Back
Top Bottom