How to get six pack abs

what do you guys mean by diet? is it about creating a calorie deficit? or are there specific foods i need to eat?

if somebody were to starve themselves and run everyday, would they get abs? no plan on doing this myself but just curious

Diet means eating clean and healthy. Eating at the proper times each day. Getting the proper ratio of protein/carbs/fat. Drinking water. And lastly tossing outthe empty calories and useless junk....the chips, soda, candy, booze, condiments, etc.

You can still eat a lot. You dont have to be perfect but you would be surprised just eliminating half the bad habits can do for you if you are looking to shedbody fat.

Usually those with the 6-pack abs and stuff have a low body fat. I'd say around 10%. In order to reduce your body fat you gotta lose more calories than youtake in. Like eating 1,500 calories in 1 day, but working out losing 1,700 calories that same day.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

six pack abs: 90% what you eat, 10% how you exercise...
Exactly. Dudes think they can eat Twinkies and Ho-Ho's and have a six pack.

ok i have a question bout calories so lets say today i took in around 850 cals from walking at school going to work and then the gym to workout then cardioburnning 150 cals......... from that whole day how many cals have i probably burned

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Usually those with the 6-pack abs and stuff have a low body fat. I'd say around 10%. In order to reduce your body fat you gotta lose more calories than you take in. Like eating 1,500 calories in 1 day, but working out losing 1,700 calories that same day.
You'd die if that was the case.
laugh.gif

You just need to find out what you eat in a day (assuming its well above your daily caloric need) and subtract 500 a day from that.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

ok i have a question bout calories so lets say today i took in around 850 cals from walking at school going to work and then the gym to workout then cardio burnning 150 cals......... from that whole day how many cals have i probably burned

That didn't make any sense at all. You TOOK IN calories from walking to school? Do you mean burn? Even then, you're exaggerating, you didn't burn850 calories doing that. We can't predict how many calories you burned.

my question is how many calories do the average person burn just on an average day school/work/workout

"This is to show my current lean physique after approx 4months of all Fruits for diet. I have been fairly active, but no runs over 5km....approx 1hour ofeasy exercise (walking, joggin, yoga) daily and surfing approx 2hours per day.IF anybody wants to get lean, this way of eatin seems to work very easily....Imainly eat bananas, papayas, pineapples, coconut waters, and Durian (4kilo durian/day).I feel a little shy about sharing this video, but if it helps others eatless DEAD animals I will share to the world."

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

"This is to show my current lean physique after approx 4months of all Fruits for diet. I have been fairly active, but no runs over 5km....approx 1hour of easy exercise (walking, joggin, yoga) daily and surfing approx 2hours per day.IF anybody wants to get lean, this way of eatin seems to work very easily....I mainly eat bananas, papayas, pineapples, coconut waters, and Durian (4kilo durian/day).I feel a little shy about sharing this video, but if it helps others eat less DEAD animals I will share to the world."

He's lean, but does anyone else think he looks kinda unhealthy? Maybe it's his camera..but he looks unhealthy.

"This is to show my current lean physique after approx 4months of all Fruits for diet. I have been fairly active, but no runs over 5km....approx 1hour of easy exercise (walking, joggin, yoga) daily and surfing approx 2hours per day.IF anybody wants to get lean, this way of eatin seems to work very easily....I mainly eat bananas, papayas, pineapples, coconut waters, and Durian (4kilo durian/day).I feel a little shy about sharing this video, but if it helps others eat less DEAD animals I will share to the world."

He has a low bf%, of course, since he's eating an extremely unhealthy diet. Way too low in fat and protein, and lacking in complex carbs as well.

Not to mention his build looks terrible.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Wheres lurkin?

my dude got banned
tired.gif

For what?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I thought he had been MIA in the Fitness thread.

Yeah why did he get banned?

Originally Posted by raptors29

I can. My metabolism works like that, I eat what I want and don't put on weight. So I would disagree with that 90/10% part. It'd be 0/100%for me.

wow i just youtube'd P90x and the results people are seeing, and it got me interested. Anyone here get those results? I know there's a diet that goes along with it too right? I need to find that haha.

Originally Posted by besthandsInDM

Originally Posted by raptors29

I can. My metabolism works like that, I eat what I want and don't put on weight. So I would disagree with that 90/10% part. It'd be 0/100% for me.

No, it's still diet for 90%, hell I'd say 95%. You can eat twinkies all day, but if you're only eating, say, 2500 calories worth, you'll be ata low bf% with visible abs.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Only the pullups are mass-building exercises. And he said all 3 work the whole body? Last time I checked, legs were a body part too. Pullups working upper andlower back? Nah. Primarily lats and biceps, no lower back.

I'd stay away from stuff like that as a primary workout, he didn't get his body from crunches and pullups.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

He has a low bf%, of course, since he's eating an extremely unhealthy diet. Way too low in fat and protein, and lacking in complex carbs as well.

Not to mention his build looks terrible.
WRONG on all counts.

Do you even know what a durian is? It's overtly fat, plant-based fat, and he is eating 4 kilos/day. And low in protein? Low enough for what� Pretty muchevery National health agency, and even the World Health Organization, recommend 10 to 15% calories from protein as sufficient for human needs. Anything morethan that can create a host of problems in the body such as stress on the kidneys, calcium loss which leads to osteoporosis, and proteins have high amounts ofnitrogen which break down in the liver and create ammonia. This is extremely harmful to cells and will decrease athletic performance. Don't get me startedon animal protein either cause it will be curtains, literally. Furthermore, the human body was designed to thrive on glucose, it's what every cell in thebody feeds off of. And we have trillions of cells. Complex carbs? Yeah, let's make our body work to break down something that's "complex"into glucose. Let's eat bland grains that are not even appealing to our taste, sight, or smell. And have to be cooked, too. Or we could cut out this middleman and reach for nutrient-rich, water-rich, fiber-rich fruits that are digested effortlessly and provide our bodies with sustainable energy. Hmmmm....

Time to start looking beyond the tubs of whey protein, plastic-styrofoam wrapped, drugged up chicken breasts, and oatmeal mush, y'all. Don't go outlike that.

13.6% of the calories in durian come from fat. All the other foods he eats have an even lower %. That means less than 13.6% of his calories come from fat.

A normal, healthy diet has macronutrient ratio of around 25% fat, 30% protein, 45% carbohydrates. This can vary greatly given your goals, any healthconditions, etc. etc. but barring rare circumstances you don't want to dip below 20% for fats.

He's way off of that, with most of his calories coming from fructose, a sugar with a fairly high glycemic index. Your argument is based on zero science.It's a nice theory, that since all carbs eventually get broken down into simple sugars we can have a healthy diet that consists of mainly these sugars. Butit's completely wrong. Fruits have a host of nutritional benefits, as you touched upon. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, phytonutrients/antioxidants, etc.etc. But fructose is an evolutionary benefit for the plants that produce these fruits, because its sweetness attracts animals who eat them and spread the seedsthrough their excrement. It's not an ideal form of carbohydrates for the human body, merely a tasty one. Whole grains- wheat, oats, etc. have been proventime and time again to have a number of advantages over fructose. Although fructose is much better than glucose, I will admit.

I agree that animal protein from animals filled with antibiotics, fed unnatural diets, etc. etc. are not healthy, but neither is a diet that consists solely offruit. Trust me, if I didn't care about what my body looked like I'd eat vegetables and fruits and vegetarian-sourced protein all day, I know a littlebit about nutrition. Don't think because I drink whey protein and eat chicken I don't know what I'm saying.

A sidenote: 4 kilograms of durian?
roll.gif
So he's eating 8.8 pounds of this fruit a day? Seriously? I doubt that, although it's not very relevant,that just sounds absurd. Unless he's measuring the weight of the fruit itself, not just the part he eats, which is stupid since it gives little indicationas to what amount goes into his body.

Edit: Your info about kidney/liver damage is based on old scientific hypotheses that are largely unfounded. High-protein diets have been found to cause kidneystress and damage ONLY in those with pre-existing kidney conditions. The rest of these notions were founded on the basis of the increased positive nitrogenbalance in the body due to increased protein consumption. Stay hydrated and you will be fine, nitrogen waste is the reason we produce urea, which (very)effectively expels this waste through urination.

Sounds like you've been watching too many of those underground wellness vids, based on 50% science and 50% unfounded BS.

Originally Posted by Id Walk a Mile for a Camel

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Only the pullups are mass-building exercises. And he said all 3 work the whole body? Last time I checked, legs were a body part too. Pullups working upper and lower back? Nah. Primarily lats and biceps, no lower back.

I'd stay away from stuff like that as a primary workout, he didn't get his body from crunches and pullups.

lol, I just posted it because his body is insaneee

Back
Top Bottom