HOW TO MAKAE BANK IN 2009

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I did a short on GS for 100 shares @ $77.68... they hit $85.25 over night. oooops.
I'm finally starting to figure all this out.

52-Week High Price 203.39
52-Week Low Price 47.41

So....I should have short when the price was HIGH (expecting a drop) and I should buy when the price is LOW (expecting a rise).

Ahhhhhh. I understand.
Good thing I'm only using a simulator
Your thought is heavily flawed, there are no gurantees either when it's high or low. Just because it's high doesn't mean it willdown, and just because it's low doesn't mean it won't go lower. How do you think Goldman made new 52-week lows? By breaking through its lows.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

Originally Posted by sStutter

Dey Know Yayo, how do you learn all this stuff?
laugh.gif
Recommend me a book, fam.
google + wikipedia.
You started out and learned the basics from reading Wikipedia and Google? No books, no nothing?

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

Dey Know Yayo, how do you learn all this stuff?
laugh.gif
Recommend me a book, fam.
google + wikipedia.
You started out and learned the basics from reading Wikipedia and Google? No books, no nothing?
nerd.gif

I think he or somebody did recommended a couple tho.

Yuku search isnt working for me

damb

edit: found it

http://niketalk.com/topic/137485?page=75

Investopedia has a great 'university'
I breaks down bonds, mutual funds, stock market and everything involved. I learned so much in 2 or 3 hours

now I'm using the realtime simulator (which gies you $100k to play with) and as i get 'tips' for buying or shorting i'll study thatcompany/stock to further understand WHY so many people are bullish on it.
my picks are not looking so good right now. I did a 10k short on GS and they went up 20% immediately. Did the same with MS and they shot up 26% SMH.

Once I'm able to choose my own stocks and understand what and WHY then I will be confident enough to move 10k of my own real money.

Seriously though, anyone who is asking "how to get started or understand what is going on"
http://www.investopedia.com/university/buildingblocks.asp

Back
Top Bottom