HOW TO MAKAE BANK IN 2009

I need get back into the investment game but my Debt to Asset ratio is
frown.gif

Dey Know Yayo inspired me to learn more about investing. I started reading anything on the subject. I signed up for an intro to investing class this semesterand got lucky and got a great professor. Before I took the initiative to learn this stuff on my own I was clueless. DKY is giving us great advice, but if youfollow anyone's advice blindly you will be a sad person. For all you people who are considering shorting stocks and know nothing about it (just trying toget quick gains without really learning) you will fall flat on your face when the time comes to cover them and you didn't know how. The best thing Ilearned from these post is to DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK, LEARN THE $*+*!! Thanks DKY.

how is this thread a ponzi scheme??? do you know what a ponzi scheme is? i'm not soliciting money from these people, i'm giving them free insight aboutthe markets.

precious metals and precious metals miners are the best investments during inflation. once inflation occurs (not for several months at the least still), thosewill be great and i have those listed under the securities i'm bullish on.

really, though... are you familiar with what the concept of a ponzi scheme entails?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Rightguard

right now i have stocks in GE (which is killing me), HNZ, VZ, ENZN, and RIMM.....I'm going to sell RIMM soon but the rest are for LONG TERM......Im trying to get my money right to start investing soon so i will be looking into the companies you have named.....I wouldnt name wikipedia as a reliable source, anyone can make changes to that site.....also for you beginners out there subscribe to fool.com
I suggest you hold RIMM, by 4th qtr I see their stock trading at no less than $60.... the stock is currently nearing at its 52week low so it maydrop a few dollars more but it will steadily start to rise. RIMM is a good company with a solid balance sheet. Plus in the coming fiscal year they willimpliment an app store that may rival Google's and Apple's. And speaking of Google when the market rebounds Google is gonna be a dangerous stock, if iowned any shares i'd be holding like crazy until the economy improved, maybe even buy more if the price were to drop.

Btw its stupid to blindly follow someone's advice without doing your research especially in something so volatile as the current stock market. Shorting issomething that aquires vast knowledge and not for amateurs. Buying stock just because some expert or friend said so is moronic. Learn how to read financialstatements, learn the company's history, learn about the industry the stock is associated with and etc.

RIMM will be at $25 in weeks.

More important than an indvidual's financial statements and history and industry is the overall economy and credit markets. Credit determines everything.

Thoughts on any of the pharmaceuticals who will benefit from the repeal of restrictions on Stem Cell? I caught one name on the news last night, but can'tremember their name off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

right now i have stocks in GE (which is killing me), HNZ, VZ, ENZN, and RIMM.....I'm going to sell RIMM soon but the rest are for LONG TERM......Im trying to get my money right to start investing soon so i will be looking into the companies you have named.....I wouldnt name wikipedia as a reliable source, anyone can make changes to that site.....also for you beginners out there subscribe to fool.com
I suggest you hold RIMM, by 4th qtr I see their stock trading at no less than $60.... the stock is currently nearing at its 52week low so it may drop a few dollars more but it will steadily start to rise. RIMM is a good company with a solid balance sheet. Plus in the coming fiscal year they will impliment an app store that may rival Google's and Apple's. And speaking of Google when the market rebounds Google is gonna be a dangerous stock, if i owned any shares i'd be holding like crazy until the economy improved, maybe even buy more if the price were to drop.

Btw its stupid to blindly follow someone's advice without doing your research especially in something so volatile as the current stock market. Shorting is something that aquires vast knowledge and not for amateurs. Buying stock just because some expert or friend said so is moronic. Learn how to read financial statements, learn the company's history, learn about the industry the stock is associated with and etc.
absolutely agree, but it will take a long time...I just don't see tech stocks doing well for a while.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

I suggest you hold RIMM, by 4th qtr I see their stock trading at no less than $60.... the stock is currently nearing at its 52week low so it may drop a few dollars more but it will steadily start to rise. RIMM is a good company with a solid balance sheet. Plus in the coming fiscal year they will impliment an app store that may rival Google's and Apple's. And speaking of Google when the market rebounds Google is gonna be a dangerous stock, if i owned any shares i'd be holding like crazy until the economy improved, maybe even buy more if the price were to drop.

Btw its stupid to blindly follow someone's advice without doing your research especially in something so volatile as the current stock market. Shorting is something that aquires vast knowledge and not for amateurs. Buying stock just because some expert or friend said so is moronic. Learn how to read financial statements, learn the company's history, learn about the industry the stock is associated with and etc.
absolutely agree, but it will take a long time...I just don't see tech stocks doing well for a while.

great advice....but my financial advisor told me to pull the trigger....i blindly went into this stock.....so i will have to do my research before isell.....But i m getting ready to sell ENZN this week and put it into hnz sooner than later

Just cop "puts" on options instead of actual shares. My guess is you don't have enough capital to cover and you can't naked short them?

I did a short on GS for 100 shares @ $77.68... they hit $85.25 over night. oooops.
I'm finally starting to figure all this out.

52-Week High Price 203.39
52-Week Low Price 47.41

So....I should have short when the price was HIGH (expecting a drop) and I should buy when the price is LOW (expecting a rise).

Ahhhhhh. I understand.
Good thing I'm only using a simulator

I suggest you hold RIMM, by 4th qtr I see their stock trading at no less than $60.... the stock is currently nearing at its 52week low so it may drop a few dollars more but it will steadily start to rise. RIMM is a good company with a solid balance sheet. Plus in the coming fiscal year they will impliment an app store that may rival Google's and Apple's.

4thQ is Nov9...so would it be wise to purchase now (they are ~$38.96).

DKY says $25 in weeks and NA86 says $60 in mnths.

I bought 100 shares @ $38.96 (simulator) to help me understand. I'm going to follow this stock.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom