How to Make it in America Episode 3 & 4

I promise you there will be something similar to a NT reference before the season is done. Or something similar to NT.

first good episode of the season. Renee is easily the star of the show though
laugh.gif
, Cam tries too hard

Digging this episode, bringing a lot of things into place. I feel like it's all a setup though. But then you look at Entourage season one and the first couple of episodes was just a setup.

I'm not disappointed yet.
Rene is definitely going to do it big in this show. Hostile takeover? Great line,

I think it's funny how cats are hating on this show. It's not a $*@!+!% sitcom. Let it develop.

Y'all acting like you were hyped on Entourage from Episode 1 (and btw, they are NOT the same show. It's easier to jump right in when the main character is already a star, like Vinny was, then it is when the characters are in the struggle. Sometimes the struggle just ain't that funny). That show did not do well early.

Episode 4 is actually my favorite so far. It is available if you have HBO On Demand as well.

I still like this show no matter what anybody says.

Will be watching episode 4 on demand after class today.

Bill Simmons tweeting about this will def increase the liklihood that people watch it.

Dope episode. Appreciate all the NY spots they film at. Definitely a reminder for me to go back and party at NYC ASAP.

Episode 4 is probably online because the Oscars are this Sunday.

It was good. 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 for me so far. David texting Ben "*#*!!#+ Epic!!!"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Even though his character is for the laughs, I'm glad Rene wasn't in this one.

Originally Posted by illphillip

I think it's funny how cats are hating on this show. It's not a $*@!+!% sitcom. Let it develop.

Y'all acting like you were hyped on Entourage from Episode 1 (and btw, they are NOT the same show. It's easier to jump right in when the main character is already a star, like Vinny was, then it is when the characters are in the struggle. Sometimes the struggle just ain't that funny). That show did not do well early.

Episode 4 is actually my favorite so far. It is available if you have HBO On Demand as well.
Just because it's not a sitcom doesn't mean it can't move faster than molasses and have more intriguing story lines.

The show is 4 episodes in, but I'm liking it so far. It's starting a bit slow, but I'll have to see how the season develops in order to decide whether the show is worth watching in the future. First season of entourage started a bit slow as well, but in Entourage Vinny was already a star, so there wasn't much story to develop.

@illphillip long time no talk my friend.  What's cool bro?

Now to the topic at hand, if the show doesn't grab you within at least the first two episodes, most people sign off on it.  In film, it’s the first 10 minutes.  If people have to wait until episode 6 for the show to pick-up speed, #Howtomakeit will never see season 2.  HBO has a reputation of developing great shows, and I'm getting the feeling that they are losing faith with #Howtomakeit by releasing episodes a full week before their scheduled premiere date.  It’s an odd move, but I think at this point HBO are trying to grab as many viewers as they can.  

With any show based on the authenticity is vital, #Howtomakeit doesn’t have it.  #Entourage, for example, is based on the movie business, if you read any review about that show, you’ll read that it’s the closest depiction of how Hollywood is run on television.  That’s a HUGE authenticity badge for the show, which is as we all know is great show.  Does the storyline lag once in a blue sure, but it picks up way before you get bored or lose interest in the characters.  #Howtomakeit doesn’t have that luxury; it needed to grab us (the viewers) from episode one or two the latest.  

I can go on & on about this show (I am an aspiring screenwriter) but I know “wall of text

im in between on this show but will check out until i lose intrest or it just gets boring.

feeling this show. sure it was slow to develop, but you could tell there was a story there that would be interesting. hope it doesn't get canceled.

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

hbo stream is trash for ep. 4...thought it was my connection but its def not

Same I thought it was me at first but w/e episode was good.

Back
Top Bottom