How to Make it in America Episode 3 & 4

Originally Posted by Pitman13

@illphillip long time no talk my friend.  What's cool bro?

Now to the topic at hand, if the show doesn't grab you within at least the first two episodes, most people sign off on it.  In film, it’s the first 10 minutes.  If people have to wait until episode 6 for the show to pick-up speed, #Howtomakeit will never see season 2.  HBO has a reputation of developing great shows, and I'm getting the feeling that they are losing faith with #Howtomakeit by releasing episodes a full week before their scheduled premiere date.  It’s an odd move, but I think at this point HBO are trying to grab as many viewers as they can.  

With any show based on the authenticity is vital, #Howtomakeit doesn’t have it.  #Entourage, for example, is based on the movie business, if you read any review about that show, you’ll read that it’s the closest depiction of how Hollywood is run on television.  That’s a HUGE authenticity badge for the show, which is as we all know is great show.  Does the storyline lag once in a blue sure, but it picks up way before you get bored or lose interest in the characters.  #Howtomakeit doesn’t have that luxury; it needed to grab us (the viewers) from episode one or two the latest.  

I can go on & on about this show (I am an aspiring screenwriter) but I know “wall of text

I hate how HBO restricted online access to this show. I have to wait a for a site to upload the video before I can watch. Waiting for episode 4 now.

This show is too predictable for me. I also don't like how they OD on dropping in references to streetwear, skating, hipsters, etc. I feel like the show should be sponsored by Hypebeast.

The part where the girl was talking about how she's preventing AIDS in Africa and holding an African baby made me wanna throw the remote through the TV.

This show is too predictable for me. I also don't like how they OD on dropping in references to streetwear, skating, hipsters, etc. I feel like the show should be sponsored by Hypebeast.

Its so cliche and unoriginal with a bland storyline, yet people get offended calling others haters.
laugh.gif

...and please stop bringing up Entourage when referring to this show, not even CLOSE.

Just watched Episode 4. It really seems to be picking up in terms of character development and such. I think it might be getting better as the season progresses if they keep pushing what they have done in 3 and 4.

4> 1,2 >3

Watched the Wilfredo Gomez 10 minute thing on demand.. pretty dope..the dude sounded seriously insane.

This show makes me miss NYC (only spent 1 year there and still)

i dont think they od on the name dropping,

they made up a fake character for nunez (wilfredo) 

just saw ep 4,
laugh.gif
kappos game

from ep. 3- does anyone think the pattern maker is gonna screw up and make them some womens jeans?  Dude didn't seem that interested in they're idea
Watched episode 4 on demand- this show def. needs more Capo.

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

this hbo steam is horrible. do i have to wait for the whole video to load to watch it??
i let it sit there for 30 mins...played it and it was good for 3 mins and started doing that choppy crap....hopefully hbo fixes it 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Its so cliche and unoriginal with a bland storyline, yet people get offended calling others haters.
laugh.gif

...and please stop bringing up Entourage when referring to this show, not even CLOSE.
but you're still in this thread, though

I'm about to go hop in the shower and let the video load. Hopefully it's together by the time I get out.

So far, I'm pleased with the show. I guess because it's the same dream that I have every day about leaving St. Louis and making a name for myself.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Episode 4 is on Demand.. anyway, this show is [/color]
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] so far.

NYC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[/color]

If you watch the little videos on onDemand. It makes the characters even doper. Like getting to hear actual stories about NYC from their lives.

show is dope imo..hopefully it gets more than one season...on to episode 4

Back
Top Bottom