How to network in a new city?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If she is bad/outgoing like you say, people will flock to her.
This is exactly what I said.. Just being in a venue at least avails yourself to conversation.. beyond that.. Just be personable.. 
   But its finding the proper verbiage to convince shortie to entertain the ideas of venturing certain places alone.. Shes open to it, but doesnt want to look like a lame I guess.

The gym was an easy one.. Hasnt borefruit yet beyond a bunch of dudes offering their services, which she isnt concerned with yet I supose.

Originally Posted by odog24

im in LA send her my way ill take care of her
laugh.gif

Does she play any sports or have any hobbies?

I know girls that play club soccer  as soon as they move to new cities and are able to meet people fairly quickly.  Also work functions can at least show her around and some decent places. 

man... this is a wack question, no offense OP..

if she's pretty, she's going to get whatever she wants whenever she wants.

not only do men like pretty women, but other women like pretty women.

now, lets use this for a regular dude...?

i say... for the black dudes... try attending different barber shops...

i agree w/ the HIGH END gym approach...

one thing i've done, and it works, is try to attend different establishments instead of regular ones

instead of going to the McDs around your house, go to other McDs around your area....

Dont go shop at the same malls or stores either.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Does she play any sports or have any hobbies?

I know girls that play club soccer  as soon as they move to new cities and are able to meet people fairly quickly.  Also work functions can at least show her around and some decent places. 

Another good idea

Originally Posted by ricky409

man... this is a wack question, no offense OP..

if she's pretty, she's going to get whatever she wants whenever she wants.

not only do men like pretty women, but other women like pretty women.

now, lets use this for a regular dude...?

i say... for the black dudes... try attending different barber shops...

i agree w/ the HIGH END gym approach...

one thing i've done, and it works, is try to attend different establishments instead of regular ones

instead of going to the McDs around your house, go to other McDs around your area....

Dont go shop at the same malls or stores either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Phen0m

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Exact age and specific location?
Is she interested in the Arts?
22/LA.  Detail the "arts" for me?

"LA" is not very specific and by arts, I mean arts. Is she interested in fine art? Street Art? Going to art galleries/museums/openings/etc?

Exact age and specific location?
Is she interested in the Arts?

"LA" is not very specific and by arts, I mean arts. Is she interested in fine art? Street Art? Going to art galleries/museums/openings/etc?

Last edited:

I supose not.. Santa Monica area.  And I would surmise that she is, but I know she definitely isnt opposed them.  Is there a local website dedicated to these types of events?

There's artscene/visual art source, artslant, art forum, etc. Since she's in Santa Monica, the closest group of galleries to her would be at Bergamot Station and Culver City down Washington and La Cienega. Artscene is a good way of finding out what shows and exhibitions are opening each week. They're very good ways of networking from my experience.

wait she moved to a new city solo but doesn't want to do anything social by herself? Or did I miss something?

I supose not.. Santa Monica area.  And I would surmise that she is, but I know she definitely isnt opposed them.  Is there a local website dedicated to these types of events?

There's artscene/visual art source, artslant, art forum, etc. Since she's in Santa Monica, the closest group of galleries to her would be at Bergamot Station and Culver City down Washington and La Cienega. Artscene is a good way of finding out what shows and exhibitions are opening each week. They're very good ways of networking from my experience.
I'll pass that along
pimp.gif
   Thanks Ratatat 

Back
Top Bottom