HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Looks like Datavison don goofed, too. Refunds are getting sent out. Taking forever, though.

mad.gif

Originally Posted by tobiastorgenson

do most ipad 1 cases work on the hp touchpad anybody ?

sleeves and folios will work, but the iPad cases/shells molded specifically for the iPad won't.

Originally Posted by phillip929

sleeves and folios will work, but the iPad cases/shells molded specifically for the iPad won't.
Explain to me the Staples trick. I'm finna try

anyone here not get a touchpad?

i know a place that's getting some tomorrow (i got an ad in my e-mail), but it didn't list the price— i contacted them asking if they're gonna sell online, but still waiting on a response.

i'll post it here first (before on slickdeals) for my NT fam. it's only for the 32GB though, didn't mention anything about the 16GB.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Explain to me the Staples trick. I'm finna try

here's my post from slickdeals, i got one from staples a couple days ago doing this, shipped out the next day.

i heard they're gonna patch this loophole soon, but still worth a try (it's OOS right now, so it only works when it comes back in stock, but this trick updates inventory faster since you're ordering straight from the warehouse):

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=42451934&postcount=168

Called HP SMB's department to get an update on my three 32gb Touchpads, and I ended up just canceling all of them. The lady said that HP was in the process of producing more Touchpads to accommodate the number of orders they received and it could take up to 6-8 weeks to receive mine; so I said eff it and just canceled them.

I only wanted to give them to my family members, but honestly - to wait 2 months to get them and all that - not even worth it.

i know a place that's getting some tomorrow (i got an ad in my e-mail), but it didn't list the price— i contacted them asking if they're gonna sell online, but still waiting on a response.

i'll post it here first (before on slickdeals) for my NT fam. it's only for the 32GB though, didn't mention anything about the 16GB.

i need one

Originally Posted by ludex360

i need one
me too, pm pleasE!

thanks man, is it folios and sleeves just made for the ipad 1 ? or do the folios and sleeves for the ipad 2 work also

thats great cauz you can catch ipad 1 cases for super low

People still going out of their way for this table? one that they'll get bored of after a week and a half if that.

thanks man, is it folios and sleeves just made for the ipad 1 ? or do the folios and sleeves for the ipad 2 work also

thats great cauz you can catch ipad 1 cases for super low
iPad 1, i don't think the 2 will work because it's thinner.

but anyways, if i find out more info on getting more TPs, i'll post it in here.

STOP PM'ING ME PEOPLE, lol.
laugh.gif

what web browser does this thing use, is it IE? Got a iPad 1 argues folio for $14 and a 2 pack of screen protectors for $4 from the Verizon at the mall
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

man... did ANYONE RECEIVE THEIRS FROM SMB? or even home and home office...?

man eff SMB (small and medium business). Gonna cancel my orders soon as I get the free time (I refuse to sit on hold for 2 hours over this bs). HP def lost a customer. I have yet to receive an email about tracking at all and I have since moved from the address I was having them sent to.

Originally Posted by ricky409

man... did ANYONE RECEIVE THEIRS FROM SMB? or even home and home office...?
I ordered mine off of the home office section and ive had mine for a week now, but i ordered mine Friday night when the price drop first went live.

I dont get that staples kiosk trick
30t6p3b.gif

I'm still in need of a touchpad, let me know if i can get any assistance with this
frown.gif

got an email from HP SMB. according to it. they are getting new touchpads in about 2 weeks. and will ship mine as soon as they get them.

finally an update after like 2 weeks SMH.

not sure if i should keep the order for two 32 gb or just cancel them since i already have one from best buy.

text from touchpad via android phone
First you will need to head over to the Android market on your phone. Download a free app titled "DeskSMS"

Once you have that installed, go into the app on your phone and enter your gmail info. This will now push your sms messages to your gtalk account.

Now go into the sms app on your touchpad. Go under the menu into preferences and accounts. Add your gtalk info.

Now go back to your desksms app on your phone and try the "test sms" to send yourself a text message.

You should now get a notification on your touchpad with the message that was sent. YOU MUST ACCEPT THE INVITE ON YOUR TOUCHPAD FIRST.

Caveats - (cut and pasted from Th3H0ff's thread)
1. You have to accept the very first message from a contact on your TP. Only once not for every conversation, but just for the very first time you receive a text using the app from that contact, after that works as advertised.
2. Only the PH# is displayed on the contacts pane in the left column along with "@desksms" appended to it. The actual message will have the name displayed like a normal text message.
3. As of right now you can only respond to a message number that is being displayed, so if you erase a convo you can not initiate another text without it being in the convo list.

Thats it! Mine is working great, after you accept someone in your sms app, you can send and receive texts like normal, and they show from your carrier's number, NOT your google voice number like some other workarounds.

Back
Top Bottom