HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Crazy how people act like damn near every OG cw not named scream greens weren’t sitting in OG form in outlets not even barely 2 years ago. Now all the sudden everyone’s all hype for Huaraches.
its not moreso about hype its about everybody having the tools and time to be a reseller during a pandemic. and you wont win with these resellers and these bots.

reeboks sell out in minutes these days bruh REEBOKS!

2 years ago was a whole different time.

Crazy how people act like damn near every OG cw not named scream greens weren’t sitting in OG form in outlets not even barely 2 years ago. Now all the sudden everyone’s all hype for Huaraches. These are just a continuation of the 91’ QS’s so good luck waiting on other OG cws when they already released and sat on shelves in OG form just 2 years ago lol. SNKRS hype kills. Only other other OG cw besides SGs we need are the teal/gold because those were never given the OG treatment like the others in the 91’ pack. Maybe magenta’s again since they had OG treatment except for the NA patch on the tongue.

definitely need a retro of the gold turquoise huaraches. to my knowledge, magentas had the rubber tongue logo and not the NA patch when they originally released.

also wouldn't mind...

michigans
escapes
wings and waffles

Where? Pics?
This is the first time nike has ever retroed the huarache with the original outsole. The foam is also softer than the 2018 retro. It is evident that Nike has used a different mold and a different foam for these retros. The final of the 5 pictures is an image of the 1992 outsole.
1615349415748.png

1615349427857.png
Nike-Air-Huarache-DD1068-100-03.jpg

1615349603339.png

1615349675050.png

This is the first time nike has ever retroed the huarache with the original outsole. The foam is also softer than the 2018 retro. It is evident that Nike has used a different mold and a different foam for these retros. The final of the 5 pictures is an image of the 1992 outsole.
1615349415748.png

1615349427857.png

1615349603339.png

1615349675050.png

Respect. 2018s were still close enough to OG though and worlds better than previous huarache retros. Leather used on the 21’ is the same as the 2018 pairs and the 2018s feel like pillows on feet. I’m sure these new ones use the same soft polyethylene material with only the mold of the midsole/outsole being slightly tweaked to even more OG form. Had no idea about the outsole change. Can also still see differences between the 21’ SG outsole and the OG so still not completely OG if we’re going tit for tat.

Last edited:
So we don’t need Magenta’s then. Those released in almost perfect OG form and sat 2 years ago.

1615349415748.png

1615349427857.png

1615349603339.png

1615349675050.png
You can really see the difference with those side views. Look at how boxy the toe box is on the Purple Punches compared to the Scream Greens. Nike really paid attention to detail and got these as close as possible to the originals.

Not so sure. It’s looks to be the exact same minus the slight tweaking at the toe box. That leather quality and everything else is the same as the 91 QS release you mentioned from just not even a few years back.

I think on this new release they look more padded, looks more chunkier. The leather on the 2018's was nice but it's thin. I remember being bothered by toebox dents after copping both pairs with that nike air tag at outlets. The new retro looks like the leather parts are thicker. Also that silhouette after seeing the on foots of these. I don't think they reworked the mold on the 91 QS just had OG branding and better materials meanwhile the Sream's just hit different. If they released the 91 QS again with this more accurate mold change that would be sick and I'd cop em again for sure lol it probably won't happen but it'd be nice.

Respect. 2018s were still close enough to OG though and worlds better than previous huarache retros. Leather used on the 21’ is the same as the 2018 pairs and the 2018s feel like pillows on feet. I’m sure these new ones use the same soft polyethylene material with only the mold of the midsole/outsole being slightly tweaked to even more OG form. Had no idea about the outsole change. Can also still see differences between the 21’ SG outsole and the OG so still not completely OG if we’re going tit for tat.
That's fair. It feels like the 2021s are softer but it may be because of how worn my 2018s are.

I think on this new release they look more padded, looks more chunkier. The leather on the 2018's was nice but it's thin. I remember being bothered by toebox dents after copping both pairs with that nike air tag at outlets. The new retro looks like the leather parts are thicker. Also that silhouette after seeing the on foots of these. I don't think they reworked the mold on the 91 QS just had OG branding and better materials meanwhile the Sream's just hit different. If they released the 91 QS again with this more accurate mold change that would be sick and I'd cop em again for sure lol it probably won't happen but it'd be nice.

They definitely reworked the mold on 2018s or else they wouldn’t feel and fit so much better than previous retro attempts. Only now it looks like they re-worked it yet again for this 21’ retro. IMO 2018s’ 91’ QS retros could do no wrong if you’re into huarache like that for real.

Just pulled out my DS pair of purple punches from 2018. This new foam is significantly softer than the 2018 foam. Definitely a different compound. I don't own any OGs so I can't comment of which is truer to the original.

I’ll check it out when I get my inevitable pair(s) in. Can’t imagine the perceived midsole softness being that much different but I’ll take your word for it. My 2018 midsoles are pretty soft as is on foot so we’ll see.

I’ll check it out when I get my inevitable pair(s) in. Can’t imagine the perceived midsole softness being that much different but I’ll take your word for it. My 2018 midsoles are pretty soft as is on foot so we’ll see.

Yes, softness difference definitely noticeable between 2018 and 2021. Even by just pressing with your fingers you'll see how soft the 2021's midsole is. 2013, 2015 and 2018, no difference, imho.

1615390414051.png

Back
Top Bottom