HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

My emeralds came in today from WG. Quality is better on these than my blue pinks that arrived earlier in the week. Must have just been unlucky with that pair. One thing I noticed is that the emerald green colour is a lot lighter than it is on my 2012 emerald free soles. My 91 OG is long gone so anyone know which is the truer to OG colour these or the 2012 frees?

I think you'll find that the Frees are officially the same cw as the OGs - Blue Emerald - Resin, where as the new OG retros are Sport Turquoise - University Gold. So they're not so much washed out, but actually a diff colour all together. I have a feeling the blue/ pinks might be 'modified' too for this new release but I don't have the OG box for my OGs to check.

I think you'll find that the Frees are officially the same cw as the OGs - Blue Emerald - Resin, where as the new OG retros are Sport Turquoise - University Gold. So they're not so much washed out, but actually a diff colour all together. I have a feeling the blue/ pinks might be 'modified' too for this new release but I don't have the OG box for my OGs to check.

Thanks. Also noticed that my frees have the blue heel strap like the OGs but of course the 13 retro has black.

Thanks. Also noticed that my frees have the blue heel strap like the OGs but of course the 13 retro has black.

Yup, makes it that all the more annoying knowing what Nike COULD have done, yet CHOSE not to... then typically have the cheek to call these 'OG' retros when in reality there is nothing OG about them at all. They're similar, that's it.

Yeah, that whole lack of blue on the strap thing is asinine.  So you can do it for the Free version last year, but not the retro this year?  Makes no sense....until you remind yourself that you're dealing with Nike.  It wasn't a dealbreaker for me, but it still doesn't make a damn bit of sense.  

^. It's all just marketing strategy for them. leave something out or do something slightly different and then release again in a few years time with that thing corrected and we all buy again but with something else not quite like the Ok to give them another chance in a few years time and so on.

The so called OG of the WC 3 is a perfect example . They drop it just two years ago with the  jump on the back and then this year drop it with NA on the need and. Whack the price up. Sells out in crazy time. But hold on its still got Jordan and the sole and not Nike Air. Gives them the opportunity in a few years time to correct that and drop it again and we all buy. 

Outside basketball Nike are only achieving one or two genuinely new style success stories worldwide a year that do volume sales and are respected throughout. Roshe Runs, Fly Knits and Free Run last year for example but i cant think of many more. So knowing they can't rely on the level of creativity that made them in late 80's early 90's anymore they have to keep finding new ways to repackage their classics. Tweaking minor features allows them to do that.

essay on Nike marketing practices over, sorry.

I got my second pair from WG this morning it's amazing IMO when seeing this in person compared to my huarache frees how ugly the free version is .......they better release the scream green versions of these and I don't even care if there euro exclusives ill still get my hands on at least 2 pairs

Last edited:
Got my pair in from WG today, very happy with this retro. The emerald/teal isn't as vibrant as my frees or my sons pair, but I ain't even mad about that.
Finally got a pair to rock together with my lil man. 8)

Where did you get lil man pair?

Can't wait for my pair from WG. Accidentally shipped to my parents' house. What is the consensus on them? True to the OGs or slightly different?

The last couple pages of this thread are pretty hilarious with dudes acting like these haven't released and they're pumped to pick them up. :rofl:

The last couple pages of this thread are pretty hilarious with dudes acting like these haven't released and they're pumped to pick them up. :rofl:

Word. NT reading comprehension is the reverse Michael Jordan... just when you think there's no possible way it can get worse and reach a new, deeper bottom, it manages to conjure a level of ineptitude so inexplicable, one could never have even predicted it, thus forcing us to reexamine our most fundamental understandings of the very limits of stupid.

Anyway, I can't wait until the Corks drop.

Last edited:
^ :lol:

My head hurts after reading that.

Anyone coppin' those Cement 3 '88s next week though? I hope FNL comes thru for me again.

I'm still getting amped up about those bread XI's. I've heard they're going to be incredibly limited when they release in December.

Word. NT reading comprehension is the reverse Michael Jordan... just when you think there's no possible way it can get worse and reach a new, deeper bottom, it manages to conjure a level of ineptitude so inexplicable, one could never have even predicted it, thus forcing us to reexamine our most fundamental understandings of the very limits of stupid.

Anyway, I can't wait until the Corks drop.
You think the reading comprehension here is bad? It's bad everywhere escpecially on instagram where a store will post a picture of new product WITH the price and the first post is usually "Yo how much?"

As for the Corks, yo i can't wait the Bred 11s drop.

side by side for color comparison
og's

13's

OG box

13 box

Last edited:
Got my pairs in from CT today, was really surprised since the tracking info said they were still in the UK.

Mine b a little snug, should've purchased an 11.5 instead of an 11. If anyone ordered too big, PM me.

a few more for you that I took before the release:

The toebox on the 2013 version doesn't match to the OG. You can see on the OG pair that it almost sits under the leather a bit rather than even with it. I don't think this is a big deal though, and most other aspects of the shape are pretty similar. Clearly the colors are slightly different, especially on the heel tab, but that's minimal to me and to be expected on most retros. My pairs should arrive Monday, but I think I'll be very satisfied.

That OG Huarache box though!! :smokin

Back
Top Bottom