HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

I'm good on the mangos and aquatones

I like the white/black and don't have to be as cautious around my kids and a clusty 90 dog stepping on my toes with them

wish they weren't coming out so soon...I'd like to see how mangos sell to guage whether they will potentially go on sale down the line

Overkill with the 3 day shipping on these. Beautiful!
71B4ADE8-7EEB-421A-81CE-5C397A7956D5.jpeg

I'm good on the mangos and aquatones

I like the white/black and don't have to be as cautious around my kids and a clusty 90 dog stepping on my toes with them

wish they weren't coming out so soon...I'd like to see how mangos sell to guage whether they will potentially go on sale down the line

I could see black whites sitting because of the color blocking. Could also see mangos sitting for a little while because they don’t have the same cache as scream greens.

That looked like some remnant of a glue mark (or worse...)

Let me know if you manage to get yours off the mesh. I had something like that on my stussies.
I got it off pretty good with a mr. clean magic eraser. I was worried it might be glue too but I don't think it was.

I unfortunately also got a defective pair but mine has a small black mark on the toe box. Its not coming off as easy as you said yours did. I'm going to try again with some soap/water/tooth brush and I'll see how it looks. If I'm still not happy back they go. I expect it from Nike as the last couple of pairs I've received have had defects but its frustrating. Anyways no need to stress out about it.

Couple of questions since I'm new to huarache's:

- I've seen pictures of broken straps. How common is this, and is there anything I can do to prevent it?
- Besides the SG's, mangoes, and AM1 DNA pack, are there any other recent releases with the Nike Air patch on the tongue?

- I've seen pictures of broken straps. How common is this, and is there anything I can do to prevent it?
- Besides the SG's, mangoes, and AM1 DNA pack, are there any other recent releases with the Nike Air patch on the tongue?

Best way to prevent the dreaded rear strap breaking, is to go up in size to lessen the pressure of your achilles on the strap. If you go with your true size, the strap will be stretched and your gonna stretch it putting them on. Go up .5 to a full size. Less pressure on the strap.

Best way to prevent the dreaded rear strap breaking, is to go up in size to lessen the pressure of your achilles on the strap. If you go with your true size, the strap will be stretched and your gonna stretch it putting them on. Go up .5 to a full size. Less pressure on the strap.
Thanks, I have gone up .5 on all pair so far. There is no pressure on the strap when I’m wearing them but I do have to stretch it to put them on and take them off.

This. All of this. Happened to me, but luckily Nike sent me another pair.

to answer your other question, purple punches and dynamic pinks also have the patch. I believe only those and scream greens originally had it before they switched over to the huarache logo.

Strap on my old triple blacks are still good, shame the sole has gone. If your shoes aint too tight and you dont pull on it too much you should be fine for a years

Damn that tip about pulling the corners of the bootie to put them on is money, thanks everyone. That's the kind of insight I was looking for, glad to find it here.

For everyone that's rocking the escapes - how's the toebox holding up? I'm not really feeling how this material is creasing. Its solid, so I know its gonna crease, but I feel like the toebox is the cheapest part of the upper and the way its creasing makes it look and feel kinda papery. Not a big deal, I still love em. Maybe it will get better anyway, I don't know.
IMG_8955.JPG
IMG_8954.JPG
IMG_8953.JPG

Damn that tip about pulling the corners of the bootie to put them on is money, thanks everyone. That's the kind of insight I was looking for, glad to find it here.

For everyone that's rocking the escapes - how's the toebox holding up? I'm not really feeling how this material is creasing. Its solid, so I know its gonna crease, but I feel like the toebox is the cheapest part of the upper and the way its creasing makes it look and feel kinda papery. Not a big deal, I still love em. Maybe it will get better anyway, I don't know.
IMG_8955.JPG
IMG_8954.JPG
IMG_8953.JPG
Main reason I passed. I hate the material on the toe box. I just couldn’t do it

Just entered Hanon for the white / blacks

Have legit wanted these since '92.. never thought I'd own a pair. If the BW Persian retro hits the mark will be hats off to Nike :emoji_pray:

do ppl actually pull on the strap? I don't think that's it's intended purpose 🤷‍♂️
Not directly on the strap, but usually when I put on a pair of shoes I grip it with one hand on the tongue and the other with my thumb inside on the heel and pull back a little bit to get my foot in. Since the inside of the shoe is stretchy neoprene, the strap ends up getting pulled and stretched a little too.

Patiently waiting for those Aquatones. I really hope we see the Emerald/Resin colorway.
DFE40D76-9DFF-4D73-A461-ED19FB8DDAB0.jpeg

We get Emeralds, I may have to get 2 pairs. That was my circa 1991-1992 spring track team shoe I wore when I completed in high jump. LOVED that color and would love a remade version (have the last pair DS but the toe wasn't great). Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom