HUF San Fransisco closing down...sad

Even just look at the people that used to go to HUF back in the days that are on NT. I used to be one of them and stood in line for tons of kicks like the Diamond SB drop, Golddiggers, Unlucky/Lucky SBs, Vans 3 Feet and Rising, Tinker P-Rod 1's....I mean the list goes on. I haven't really shopped in HUF in a while and I don't even buy kicks like that anymore. So many people on NT alone are in a different light and the kids that are into sneakers now are just into different things.

And I for one never had issues and I too had great experiences with Nao, Massan, Eddy Rascal, Eugene, and even HUF when he used to be the only one there. They were cool peeps, but I am sure everyone had their different experience.

Even just look at the people that used to go to HUF back in the days that are on NT. I used to be one of them and stood in line for tons of kicks like the Diamond SB drop, Golddiggers, Unlucky/Lucky SBs, Vans 3 Feet and Rising, Tinker P-Rod 1's....I mean the list goes on. I haven't really shopped in HUF in a while and I don't even buy kicks like that anymore. So many people on NT alone are in a different light and the kids that are into sneakers now are just into different things.

And I for one never had issues and I too had great experiences with Nao, Massan, Eddy Rascal, Eugene, and even HUF when he used to be the only one there. They were cool peeps, but I am sure everyone had their different experience.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

It's just not the SB thing. Back in the hay day, any shoe company got bought up by people in the Bay Area. I mean I knew people that started their own collection of brands just cause they wanted to be different from Nike guys. Even lesser Nike stuff like Tier Zero stuff was praised at. So different to today. Look at all that Nike Sportswear stuff. I don't think anyone really is buying that stuff up.

Even though Jordan and Nike Basketball are doing good, what about all the other shoe companies that sold tons of shoes back in the days in the Bay Area? Bape, Vans, Adidas, Cons......no one lines up for that stuff no more.
IMO once the demand for streetwear brands and Nike SB started to die down,  the hype for those other shoe companies you mentioned started to disappear as well. Vans is a prime example of that. The Pack even made a track for Vans... But do you know anyone that still wears Vans today?

Does anyone think UNDFTD is gonna go out like HUF? 

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

It's just not the SB thing. Back in the hay day, any shoe company got bought up by people in the Bay Area. I mean I knew people that started their own collection of brands just cause they wanted to be different from Nike guys. Even lesser Nike stuff like Tier Zero stuff was praised at. So different to today. Look at all that Nike Sportswear stuff. I don't think anyone really is buying that stuff up.

Even though Jordan and Nike Basketball are doing good, what about all the other shoe companies that sold tons of shoes back in the days in the Bay Area? Bape, Vans, Adidas, Cons......no one lines up for that stuff no more.
IMO once the demand for streetwear brands and Nike SB started to die down,  the hype for those other shoe companies you mentioned started to disappear as well. Vans is a prime example of that. The Pack even made a track for Vans... But do you know anyone that still wears Vans today?

Does anyone think UNDFTD is gonna go out like HUF? 

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

"I can't post from my phone so let the people know once I get to a computer I'll do a long post that's worth reading." - donpoppa

Shoutout to Donpoppa too since I copped a lot of his HUFitteds last year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

"I can't post from my phone so let the people know once I get to a computer I'll do a long post that's worth reading." - donpoppa

Shoutout to Donpoppa too since I copped a lot of his HUFitteds last year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RB925

Bad customer service = no business.
Why do you think Upper Playground is still in business after all these years? 

Maybe because their customer service is 
eek.gif
, whether you're wearing 

your $500 Supreme HIs your mommy bought you or some K-Swiss classics

with the sliding color changes on the side, don't matter to them. 

HUF workers, calm down, ya'll work in a shoe store. 
Co-sign. Upper Playground cats always been mad chill. 

Originally Posted by RB925

Bad customer service = no business.
Why do you think Upper Playground is still in business after all these years? 

Maybe because their customer service is 
eek.gif
, whether you're wearing 

your $500 Supreme HIs your mommy bought you or some K-Swiss classics

with the sliding color changes on the side, don't matter to them. 

HUF workers, calm down, ya'll work in a shoe store. 
Co-sign. Upper Playground cats always been mad chill. 

HufSF is a San Francisco institution, sad to see it go. I honestly never had any bad experiences with them since 2002. DonPoppa was a cool cat when i went in and the dudes that were recently in the Skateshop on Sutter were VERY helpful. The other cats that most people speak of just got a nod from when i walked in and i got a nod back.

And Bobby Cientos, turn on the damn lights at Post lol. I walked into the bench last time i went in haha. Dorian is a cool cat too as well as the manager.

To chime in on the "sneaker culture" kinda fading away: its still there, but its a new generation i guess you could say. I honestly see consignment shops being the future to tell you the truth. Sole supremacy in Newark is EASILY the best sneaker spot in the bay area, followed by Darkside.

Nowadays, everything can be found at FTL, FNL, Champs, and NT. And the SB line is dead IMO.

HufSF is a San Francisco institution, sad to see it go. I honestly never had any bad experiences with them since 2002. DonPoppa was a cool cat when i went in and the dudes that were recently in the Skateshop on Sutter were VERY helpful. The other cats that most people speak of just got a nod from when i walked in and i got a nod back.

And Bobby Cientos, turn on the damn lights at Post lol. I walked into the bench last time i went in haha. Dorian is a cool cat too as well as the manager.

To chime in on the "sneaker culture" kinda fading away: its still there, but its a new generation i guess you could say. I honestly see consignment shops being the future to tell you the truth. Sole supremacy in Newark is EASILY the best sneaker spot in the bay area, followed by Darkside.

Nowadays, everything can be found at FTL, FNL, Champs, and NT. And the SB line is dead IMO.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I really don't know what people expect. 

I experienced it myself so I know where all these comments are coming from. I don't blame them though. I looked lost when I lived in SF in 2007.
laugh.gif

Everyone seemed nicer when I visited in 2009. Even Huf himself.
pimp.gif

Jamael is still drinking at some bar so don't expect a reply from him soon.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I really don't know what people expect. 

I experienced it myself so I know where all these comments are coming from. I don't blame them though. I looked lost when I lived in SF in 2007.
laugh.gif

Everyone seemed nicer when I visited in 2009. Even Huf himself.
pimp.gif

Jamael is still drinking at some bar so don't expect a reply from him soon.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

But do you know anyone that still wears Vans today?
more people rocking vans today than ever. i would even say more than nikes.
i remember back in the day when i would try to rush down to huf after class to buy the new fitteds. good times
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

But do you know anyone that still wears Vans today?
more people rocking vans today than ever. i would even say more than nikes.
i remember back in the day when i would try to rush down to huf after class to buy the new fitteds. good times
glasses.gif

Hopefully they pull a couple "hufquake" shoes at the vault to sell before they close up I need another pair of the forces

Hopefully they pull a couple "hufquake" shoes at the vault to sell before they close up I need another pair of the forces

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

And another FSR of Yeezy's that they somehow pulled out of the blue... That would be sick as hell.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

And another FSR of Yeezy's that they somehow pulled out of the blue... That would be sick as hell.
pimp.gif

Man, this is the first thing that reminded me of HUF in a long while. Must be over 2 years since I've gone there. To the people complaining about customer service...I honestly didn't think there was a problem with it. If you deep enough into clothing, I'm gonna go and venture a guess that the employees assumed you knew what you were into and didn't need to introduce you to all the things they had displayed. When I did have questions, they didn't show any attitude or condescension towards me and were pretty helpful. I was kinda bummed when the first clothing store closed because that had a whole bunch of stuff in it too...I rather not be left with just TRUE and Stussy, but it is what it is....so are they closing now or can I make one last trip within a week or two?

Man, this is the first thing that reminded me of HUF in a long while. Must be over 2 years since I've gone there. To the people complaining about customer service...I honestly didn't think there was a problem with it. If you deep enough into clothing, I'm gonna go and venture a guess that the employees assumed you knew what you were into and didn't need to introduce you to all the things they had displayed. When I did have questions, they didn't show any attitude or condescension towards me and were pretty helpful. I was kinda bummed when the first clothing store closed because that had a whole bunch of stuff in it too...I rather not be left with just TRUE and Stussy, but it is what it is....so are they closing now or can I make one last trip within a week or two?

I know Huf wanted to push out all the other retailers and keep everything Huf but I think that's what hurt them in the long run. What happens when nobody is feeling what your pushing out? At least they had Nike to fall back on.

The sneaker scene in the bay on the other hand is still going strong. People grow up and move on but there is always that new generation (high school crowd) that keeps Jordans relevant. SBs died a couple years ago. You can still find SB heads selling their beaters as VNDS at the monthly DXCs though. Spots like True is a SF staple and "the people" will never let them close up shop. HOH should just go ahead and make the entire store a HOH.

One exciting thing that Bay Area sneakerheads do have going for them is a store called SoleSupremacy. Being one of the major sneaker scenes in the US and having no Flightclub/Rif to call our own, we finally have something to be excited about. The dudes that run the shop are legit but they need to move to SF or somewhere closer to SF. The thought of driving to that hole in the wall out in Newark limits a lot of their business.

I don't know what the future holds for Huf, but I hope they go through with that Asics collab they had planned for this summer. I wasn't feeling the NB collab partly because of the model, they should have used a different model like the 576 or 1400.

I know Huf wanted to push out all the other retailers and keep everything Huf but I think that's what hurt them in the long run. What happens when nobody is feeling what your pushing out? At least they had Nike to fall back on.

The sneaker scene in the bay on the other hand is still going strong. People grow up and move on but there is always that new generation (high school crowd) that keeps Jordans relevant. SBs died a couple years ago. You can still find SB heads selling their beaters as VNDS at the monthly DXCs though. Spots like True is a SF staple and "the people" will never let them close up shop. HOH should just go ahead and make the entire store a HOH.

One exciting thing that Bay Area sneakerheads do have going for them is a store called SoleSupremacy. Being one of the major sneaker scenes in the US and having no Flightclub/Rif to call our own, we finally have something to be excited about. The dudes that run the shop are legit but they need to move to SF or somewhere closer to SF. The thought of driving to that hole in the wall out in Newark limits a lot of their business.

I don't know what the future holds for Huf, but I hope they go through with that Asics collab they had planned for this summer. I wasn't feeling the NB collab partly because of the model, they should have used a different model like the 576 or 1400.

Back
Top Bottom