I applied for a job i got fired from about 5 years ago......Update..... HIRED!!!!!!!

And they called me back today to talk about my experience
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I did it as a joke.......But i got fired for being on the internet while at work so i didnt think they would call me.

I have a question tho..........I worked there through a temp agency.  Does the company still keep my work records even though it was through a temp agency? or are all those records only kept through the temp service?

I was gonna call them back but ive had 4 jobs since then and one of them for 3 years straight............what should i do?

UPDATE........

I had the interview today and it went good i think.  It was one of those interviews where there are 2 managers asking you questions back and forth. (in my session, there was a 3rd person who was training to do interviews i guess.)

They didnt mention the fact that i worked there at all and didnt ask if i had ever been employed there, so i dont think they have those records at all, like someone else in the thread thought was the case.

They stated everyone would be called on Monday to let us know if we got the job or not. (Honestly, judging by the way everybody else looked and what they were wearing to the interview, if i dont get the job, i dont think i want to work there anyway.   Dude wore a Bright pink striped button up with the white collar and white cuffs with khaki pants and brown polo boots
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.........I had on black slacks, Black Stacy Adams and a blue button up with a blue and black tie.)

UPDATE------

Got the call this morning that the offer for employment has been made..........SMH, i could have had a job months ago if i knew they wouldnt see my previous employment
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

And they called me back today to talk about my experience
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I did it as a joke.......But i got fired for being on the internet while at work so i didnt think they would call me.

I have a question tho..........I worked there through a temp agency.  Does the company still keep my work records even though it was through a temp agency? or are all those records only kept through the temp service?

I was gonna call them back but ive had 4 jobs since then and one of them for 3 years straight............what should i do?

UPDATE........

I had the interview today and it went good i think.  It was one of those interviews where there are 2 managers asking you questions back and forth. (in my session, there was a 3rd person who was training to do interviews i guess.)

They didnt mention the fact that i worked there at all and didnt ask if i had ever been employed there, so i dont think they have those records at all, like someone else in the thread thought was the case.

They stated everyone would be called on Monday to let us know if we got the job or not. (Honestly, judging by the way everybody else looked and what they were wearing to the interview, if i dont get the job, i dont think i want to work there anyway.   Dude wore a Bright pink striped button up with the white collar and white cuffs with khaki pants and brown polo boots
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.........I had on black slacks, Black Stacy Adams and a blue button up with a blue and black tie.)

UPDATE------

Got the call this morning that the offer for employment has been made..........SMH, i could have had a job months ago if i knew they wouldnt see my previous employment
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

where i am, im pretty sure the records are with the temp agency until the job hires you full time. we've had temps come and go and the only record of them is their names on the work they did.

where i am, im pretty sure the records are with the temp agency until the job hires you full time. we've had temps come and go and the only record of them is their names on the work they did.

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

so your going back?
[table][tr][td]
Take the job and quit on them the next day 
pimp.gif

[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]I dont know..........i actually NEED a job, but didnt think they would call me back.
[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Hmm.....I wonder how i would find that out for missouri.

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

so your going back?
[table][tr][td]
Take the job and quit on them the next day 
pimp.gif

[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]I dont know..........i actually NEED a job, but didnt think they would call me back.
[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Hmm.....I wonder how i would find that out for missouri.

go in.
if anyone remembers you just tell them that was 5 yrs ago and inexperienced and green about the workforce etiquette.
It's been 5 plus years or so and you've matured and gained valuable experience and work ethic, so as to not to have a repeat episode of that.

go in.
if anyone remembers you just tell them that was 5 yrs ago and inexperienced and green about the workforce etiquette.
It's been 5 plus years or so and you've matured and gained valuable experience and work ethic, so as to not to have a repeat episode of that.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

go in.

use this I will on my next interview
got fired for fighting a employee in 07

and that question always comes up 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

go in.

use this I will on my next interview
got fired for fighting a employee in 07

and that question always comes up 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

go in.
Sounds good.
I called them back and have an interview on Friday

go in.
Sounds good.
I called them back and have an interview on Friday

I pulled a "no call no show" years ago and did the same thing just to see what was good.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom