I came out to my parents today....

Congrats man. I can't imagine what the past years have been like for you. 
Good luck. 

I cant even imagine what that must feel like..wow. Congrads man
pimp.gif
must be a real weight off.

Good for you OP...as long as your parents accepted you, nothing else matters then...congrats

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

one of the most important things in life is being true to yourself

props
Real talk.
OP I'm curious

When was your last girlfriend/relationship?

Good to hear that you were able to and that at least so far, even thought you've had to keep it in for so long, that they're accepting of who you are.

Like everybody is saying, props to you, OP. To share it with your fellow NT brothers is also another thing. Wish you the best.

Congrats to you.

I do have a question. Hopefully you don't mind me asking, but what's your race?

I'm Black and I remember being nervous as hell introducing a white woman to the family as a significant other. They have just now accepted that I may settle down with a white woman.

I know that's not the same thing. And its messed up but I know if I was a homosexual my entire family would shun me.

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Like everybody is saying, props to you, OP. To share it with your fellow NT brothers is also another thing. Wish you the best.

Pretty much.............Im still pleasantly surprised nobody has made a joke yet

Congrats my friend. Good to know you have that weight lifted off you.

Congrats OP. I personally don't know how hard it is to open up like that to friends/family.

I've had a friend who struggled over a few years before telling anyone at all. But as he told more and more people, his spirits have lifted somewhat.

But he still has that last step to tell his parents, I think they're the last to find out as well.

You've got lots of courage!

Good on you, fam.

I always found it cool that you can be so open with us about that and you hadn't even mentioned it to your parents. I hope nothing changes between you guys and life continues on as usual.

I have no problems with gay people, a few of my friends are gay, no biggie.
To answer your question, I woudnt want my son to be gay though. If he is, I would honestly be highly disappointed but obviously id have to accept it. Still my blood.

Thing is, I dont think most people have a problem with gay people. I mean, if you're a cool, chill, easy to get along with dude, it would be like a tattoo you have on your stomach that nobody's going to know about unles you show/tell them about it.

In other words, it's a minor detail that really has minimal to do with your character.

Back
Top Bottom