I can't even call it

Alright I got something I have to get off my chest. It's about the sneaker game and the financial burden on me. I'm 18 going on 19 right now. I've been into sneakers since 8th grade. I'm a sneakerhead like plenty of other people on here.. That's just what it is. But even though I've been into sneakers since 8th grade I was never able to buy the sneakers I wanted or to get fresh in general because I was in freakin 8th grade! I would only get 1 maybe 2 pairs of kicks a year and they would never be the sneakers I really wanted, like pippens, eggplant foams, notebook nike dunks you know **** that was hot when I was in HS (this time period im referring to was mostly 2006-2009). It was crazy because I figured it wasn't normal for parents to buy their kids 5-6 pairs of hot kicks for school but yet all my friends and just "cool" kids had kicks for days and hardly repeated outfits. So you can imagine HS was crazy frustrating for me in terms of fashion. Ok fast forward to 2010. I finally turned 16 and started job hunting but nowhere was hiring. I finally got a local summer job and started buying kicks like the jordan 9's, freshwater griffey's and a few kicks i wanted but i started noticing what I'm about to say now. Sneakers drain too much money. This year I worked at my annual summer job plus I also got a job at a local grocery store. This year I plan to actually get heavy into the sneaker game like I've really been meaning to for years. But I noticed that this **** is so financially draining. Just to start off I want black cement 3's, glow in the dark zoom rookies and nike total air foamposite max's or some royal blue foams idk. Just to get that I'll have to spend near a 1000 and even then I'll only have 3 pairs of shoes anyway! Mind you I'm not fresh at all now just a few streetwear shirts and bourdeaux's my brother ripped so Im starting from ground zero. And then after the money spent on sneakers you still have to go out and buy the clothes too. I'm into streetwear and ralph lauren strictly. 10 Deep and rugby mostly since I'm an NY cat its just a big thing here. So what i'm saying is i feel like I'm gonna be spending money forever just being down and up financially just to stay up on what i want as a sneaker head. Its sad that's all. But can anyone relate?

Sneaker game take a lot of money DUH!

You dont have to buy to keep up with everyone. I had 100+ pairs in highschool, fits, won best dressed, etc. All that **** dont matter in the real world. Some people will get it some wont. Living to fit in aint half fun. However but going about ur own business, doing what you wanna do not caring what ppl think is.

Last edited:

I read a couple sentences and realized it's not that serious.  1st world problems to the max.

I also have a little personal getback issue tied into it in a sense...A lot of the "fresh" cats in HS would clown me a lot for stuff related and unrelated to style. So these days since I still live in my town, I'm always tryna one up them any chance I get. Its a psychological thing that I have to get over. Hope I will soon enough but for now it consumes my world because I'm not successful yet cause I'm still in school so for now I try to show them up in whatever.

Alright I got something I have to get off my chest. It's about the sneaker game and the financial burden on me. I'm 18 going on 19 right now. I've been into sneakers since 8th grade. I'm a sneakerhead like plenty of other people on here.. That's just what it is. But even though I've been into sneakers since 8th grade I was never able to buy the sneakers I wanted or to get fresh in general because I was in freakin 8th grade! I would only get 1 maybe 2 pairs of kicks a year and they would never be the sneakers I really wanted, like pippens, eggplant foams, notebook nike dunks you know **** that was hot when I was in HS (this time period im referring to was mostly 2006-2009). It was crazy because I figured it wasn't normal for parents to buy their kids 5-6 pairs of hot kicks for school but yet all my friends and just "cool" kids had kicks for days and hardly repeated outfits. So you can imagine HS was crazy frustrating for me in terms of fashion. Ok fast forward to 2010. I finally turned 16 and started job hunting but nowhere was hiring. I finally got a local summer job and started buying kicks like the jordan 9's, freshwater griffey's and a few kicks i wanted but i started noticing what I'm about to say now. Sneakers drain too much money. This year I worked at my annual summer job plus I also got a job at a local grocery store. This year I plan to actually get heavy into the sneaker game like I've really been meaning to for years. But I noticed that this **** is so financially draining. Just to start off I want black cement 3's, glow in the dark zoom rookies and nike total air foamposite max's or some royal blue foams idk. Just to get that I'll have to spend near a 1000 and even then I'll only have 3 pairs of shoes anyway! Mind you I'm not fresh at all now just a few streetwear shirts and bourdeaux's my brother ripped so Im starting from ground zero. And then after the money spent on sneakers you still have to go out and buy the clothes too. I'm into streetwear and ralph lauren strictly. 10 Deep and rugby mostly since I'm an NY cat its just a big thing here. So what i'm saying is i feel like I'm gonna be spending money forever just being down and up financially just to stay up on what i want as a sneaker head. Its sad that's all. But can anyone relate?

Stopped reading right there.

You don't NEED every release. Nor do you NEED to buy every brand name item out there.

I literally loled while reading this. I'm from NYC, and when I was 18-19, being "fresh" never threatened to stress me out.

Advice: Get more money.

Sneaker game take a lot of money DUH!

You dont have to buy to keep up with everyone. I had 100+ pairs in highschool, fits, won best dressed, etc. All that **** dont matter in the real world. Some people will get it some wont. Living to fit in aint half fun. However but going about ur own business, doing what you wanna do not caring what ppl think is.

You'll probably grow out of it. That or you'll find other things to spend your money on. You seem to realize that spending so much money is wasteful... Yet you're planning on doing it? You say you HAVE to go and buy the clothes too... Um.. No, you don't. You don't have to spend a penny.. You're choosing to because you want to look cool or because you think you have to as a "sneakerhead"

My advice? At least manage your money and maybe don't spend a grand on three shoes.

As a young man in his late 20s and an NT OG

(lol at me saying that but I was one of those kids who had almost every release because I bought/sold and had other side hustles and I was well in the sneaker scene before 85% of this board)

I'm going to give you the following advice:

Focus on your education, and not on what everyone else is wearing. There are many more important things in life, and be thankful that you are able to have at least one-two pairs of cool sneakers. There are kids out there who would kill to be in the position you are in, no matter what you may think.

That paragraph hurt my eyes as I tried to read each line, please work on that too young polliwog. Oh, and STAY POSITIVE.

Last edited:
life after highschool you will realize that sneakers are the least of your priorities.

Keep at 10 pair rotation MAX, mix some desert boots, maybe some boats, some gym shoes and a nice pair of dress ups.

Save the rest of that money and pay for school instead of material things. Not saying you can't have fun, but think about the bigger picture.

shoe game is dead anyways

As a young man in his late 20s and an NT OG

(lol at me saying that but I was one of those kids who had almost every release because I bought/sold and had other side hustles and I was well in the sneaker scene before 85% of this board)

I'm going to give you the following advice:

Focus on your education, and not on what everyone else is wearing. There are many more important things in life, and be thankful that you are able to have at least one-two pairs of cool sneakers. There are kids out there who would kill to be in the position you are in, no matter what you may think.

That paragraph hurt my eyes as I tried to read each line, please work on that too young polliwog. Oh, and STAY POSITIVE.

^this man knows

Looks at SN...

whats going wrong with the youth? :smh:

I made that on some random **** when I was 15, I thought it was stupid then too but kept it. Didn't start using Niketalk till now and I havent thought of changing it.

blog-shaq-face%5B1%5D%5B8%5D.jpg

bruh that stuff doesnt matter.

but u always want what u dont have if u learn to fight that u will be good. 

stop being such a consumer. lookslike u have another problem and buying whats hot in the streets is hellping u keep that problem away

:smh: Dont become a zombie man. DONT DO IT.

1. If you are scared your friends and girls aren't going to treat you the same then forget them. Your goal should be to go to college, military, or start something after high school
2. If you start sacrificing things like simple spending money, food money, etc for clothes and shoes then you already lost in life. Soon you will be buying foams instead of pampers for your kid
3. We get it you wanna be fresh. A couple decent kicks and a solid rotation of clothes is all you need you are a teenager not a rapper, entertainer, celeb, etc. You don't have an image to uphold.
4. You will never be happy or satisfied if you continue to lust after material things. You can't have every shoe. 2 becomes 4 then 8. But once you have 8 you still are gonna want more. Thats not possible.
5. Focus on school, staying out of legal trouble, and not being a simp

:smh: Dont become a zombie man. DONT DO IT.
1. If you are scared your friends and girls aren't going to treat you the same then forget them. Your goal should be to go to college, military, or start something after high school
2. If you start sacrificing things like simple spending money, food money, etc for clothes and shoes then you already lost in life. Soon you will be buying foams instead of pampers for your kid
3. We get it you wanna be fresh. A couple decent kicks and a solid rotation of clothes is all you need you are a teenager not a rapper, entertainer, celeb, etc. You don't have an image to uphold.
4. You will never be happy or satisfied if you continue to lust after material things. You can't have every shoe. 2 becomes 4 then 8. But once you have 8 you still are gonna want more. Thats not possible.
5. Focus on school, staying out of legal trouble, and not being a simp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom