I got an Asus Notebook over a Macbook was this a good idea

The cheapest Macbook starts at $999. You really think a $400 laptop is going to compare?

One of the most ignorant, closed minded things I have seen in a while.

not at all, macbooks last 2-3x longer than a regular laptop...

my macbook runs the exact and i kid you not the exact same as the day i turned it on and this is about to be 4 years later next month.

just bought a thinkpad edge over a macbook. I felt I could do without the hype of a macbook.

with that said, with the thinkpad...it is of higher weight, screen resolution is no where as crisp as on a macbook and it's very plain.....which is a good thing.

I wish I had $400 for a macbook but I can get by with the thinkpad. It gets the job done.
thinkpad E kinda sucks.

X or T series are far superior, even the L series is better. 

how so?

I got my e530 for $610

I compared it to the others in the thinkpad category and I got a better bang for my buck with similar specs with the e530....

just bought a thinkpad edge over a macbook. I felt I could do without the hype of a macbook.

with that said, with the thinkpad...it is of higher weight, screen resolution is no where as crisp as on a macbook and it's very plain.....which is a good thing.

I wish I had $400 for a macbook but I can get by with the thinkpad. It gets the job done.
thinkpad E kinda sucks.

X or T series are far superior, even the L series is better. 
how so?

I got my e530 for $610

I compared it to the others in the thinkpad category and I got a better bang for my buck with similar specs with the e530....
well it depends on what you consider "bang for your buck", really. 

The E-series is marketed to the general consumer and overall less intensive users, while still carrying the ThinkPad name. It was meant to be designed to be more "aesthetically pleasing". Build quality and features reserved for the higher-end business/professional oriented models of the X and T series are lacking from the E. It isn't a bad computer by any means, but it is not a "true" ThinkPad in that sense. ThinkPads were designed to be road warriors, take abuse and keep on going. Where you might think to yourself: how often do you see apple users have protective covers and whatnot on their machines?

That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy an E-series at the right price with the right specs. I'm using an X61 from 2007 that has never given me problems. I've thrown this thing around with no regard and it does everything I ask it to, as it should.

Last edited:
Do MacBooks still have those battery problems where it won't hold a charge longer than 20 mins after a year or so? And this doesn't have to do with the last sentence at all but what's a good price for a used MB Air? I've seen a few on Craigslist for under $600 in the past couple weeks. One dude even has one for $250 but he's saying it needs a new motherboard-to-hard drive cable. Not sure if that's a big time fix or not but it's enticing.

Last edited:
i havent gotten a new battery in 4 years but obviously with how many cycles ive put on my macbook :smh: the battery will run out in 30 minutes.

but with 3 people in the house using it as pretty much the main computer, running all day and night for 4 years. the things this thing has gone through and still runs brand new. cant be beat IMO.

if i had extra cash id get a new one just for myself and let my brother take this one.

I think one of the reasons people tend to go towards apple and Macbooks are because they are so user-friendly. Everything is just laid out for you and simple. When I feel PC's tend to be more confusing. I have a Dell PC Desktop, and a Macbook Pro laptop. I love both, but both have their problems. Both get the job done in their own way. But the thing is I think many people go towards Macs because of the virus issue. More people have PC's that it is a better target for virus makers. It's easier for PC's to get viruses, VERY easy actually. It's very rare that your macbook comes up with a virus, especially a very serious one that could crash your computer. I'm paying for Norton on my desktop, while you don't necessarily need any antivirus on a mac. Just my 2 cents.

i've had a macbook for years after using windows computers my entire life. when you compare specs, PCs can be had with identical specs of a Mac for half to two-thirds of the price. With that being said, the difference lies in the operating system's details. Mac OS X is much more user-friendly, provides feedback while the system is working while maintaining a very clean, simple user interface while hiding all of the "messy" (to the average user) background processes.

Before I get roasted, I will certainly say that Windows 7 has taken leaps and bounds forward as far as presentation and user-friendliness and I assume Windows 8 will feature an even cleaner presentation.

Plain and simple, the reason why I love my Mac is that I've had it for 6 years and it works just like the day I bought it. I've never had any problems or issues with my laptop. I really only recreationally use my computer for the internet, check personal e-mal, etc., but I did the same with prior Windows computers and it seemed like the OS had to be reinstalled 1-2 times per year because of a noticeable decrease in performance.

With all of that being said, as much as I love my Mac I'm not sure I would pay the premium again considering what I use my computer for. Paying half as much for the same computer while having to take an hour or two of your time once a year to revamp performance is worth the savings in my mind.

I think one of the reasons people tend to go towards apple and Macbooks are because they are so user-friendly. Everything is just laid out for you and simple. When I feel PC's tend to be more confusing. I have a Dell PC Desktop, and a Macbook Pro laptop. I love both, but both have their problems. Both get the job done in their own way. But the thing is I think many people go towards Macs because of the virus issue. More people have PC's that it is a better target for virus makers. It's easier for PC's to get viruses, VERY easy actually. It's very rare that your macbook comes up with a virus, especially a very serious one that could crash your computer. I'm paying for Norton on my desktop, while you don't necessarily need any antivirus on a mac. Just my 2 cents.

Windows based laptops and desktops still own 90% of the market.

That's why it's easier to get viruses.

Sorta funny, but these same people who buy macs are still downloading all of those viruses. They just can't be ran on that operating system.

People will spend 2 grand on a macbook pro to then compare it to the 300 dollar acer that failed on them. Where's the logic in that...

Last edited:
OP you asking a BUNCH of biased people here :lol:

really comes down to the hardware personally i never buy any apple products ill stick to samsung

Last edited:
camronNope.gif

When I was using pc labtops I was getting D's and F's in school. Ever Since I switched over to Apple laptops I've been a straight A student.

When I was using pc labtops I was getting D's and F's in school. Ever Since I switched over to Apple laptops I've been a straight A student.
I think you were getting Ds and Fs because of how you spell(ed) and not what computer you used...

Last edited:
You spent $400 dollars. You buy what you get. Can't compare the two. Spend more money them you can compare.

Only apple product I owned was a iPhone and iPad. Never had a MacBook. Only one in my family without a MacBook. I always was cheap and didn't care and always bought a compaq, hp or Sony. Thinking of MacBook ever since my current hp laptop got a virus that blocks any use of wifi. SMh

Just browsing possibilities at the moment...never said I was gonna buy one tmrw or anything...

Why not try to fix it?
But yeah when my laptop hit the crapper I got a MBP. They are nice machines, but the price is crazy for what you get.

I ain't eem mad bruh. Them asus PCs are beefy. BUT, did you even compare the specs to a MacBook?

Back
Top Bottom